British Speedway Forum
Hilly

Oxford v Scunthorpe 13.04.22

Would love to have been there tonight but couldn't make it.  Anyone know if the meeting is being streamed please.

Good luck for the re launch tonight hope its a good meeting. Great to see the Cheetahs back, a track i always enjoyed visiting. Ive got my ticket for the Poole meeting having a couple of nights in Oxford after our meeting at Wolves. Looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, hammer1969 said:

Would love to have been there tonight but couldn't make it.  Anyone know if the meeting is being streamed please.

Given that this meeting has been completely sold out for a while now, you'd have thought it was perfect for streaming. No potential loss to the live audience and a chance for others to witness an historic reopening.

I don't know if there is a stream but if I had to guess.... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Given that this meeting has been completely sold out for a while now, you'd have thought it was perfect for streaming. No potential loss to the live audience and a chance for others to witness an historic reopening.

I don't know if there is a stream but if I had to guess.... :rolleyes:

You do realise a stream would cost around £3k? Plus a percentage of each sale to payment processing/platform costs.

It is not just as easy as saying "it should be streamed"

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Oxford 48 - 42 Scunthorpe

Good luck to everyone involved tonight, congratulations to those that have made this happen - But the most important thing may all the Oxford "fans" go home happy & be keen to come back for more!

• Like 1

Hope opening night goes well for all associated with Oxford Speedway tonight and it’s great to see an old club coming back into the fold .

Ps it’s stating it’s sold out  so how may people will be inside Sandy Lane tonight,

thanks in advance

29 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

You do realise a stream would cost around £3k? Plus a percentage of each sale to payment processing/platform costs.

It is not just as easy as saying "it should be streamed"

Where are you getting the cost from?

1 hour ago, eric i said:

Where are you getting the cost from?

The cost for setting up a one-off stream from a stadium which has no facility already set up?  At least £3K......

Perhaps the promotion should have contacted Andy who streams weekly from Poole and Plymouth. I very much doubt he would have charged anywhere near that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Perhaps the promotion should have contacted Andy who streams weekly from Poole and Plymouth. I very much doubt he would have charged anywhere near that. 

Andy has worked closely with both teams to jointly pay for the equipment he uses. He also has permanent fixtures in place at both venues.

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

Hope opening night goes well for all associated with Oxford Speedway tonight and it’s great to see an old club coming back into the fold .

Ps it’s stating it’s sold out  so how may people will be inside Sandy Lane tonight,

thanks in advance

2000 I’ve heard

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

thanks in advance

Not sure of the total tickets available, but the promotion has said it's limited because not all of the stadium renovations are complete - so the available capacity *should* increase in the future, once work is done and approval given.

Wishing all involved at Oxford Cheetahs Speedway every success tonight and for remainder of the season. Hopefully all that attend enjoy the occasion and return. I will certainly look to take the kids during the school holidays as this is now the nearest track to Surrey. 

• Like 1