British Speedway Forum
Hilly

Oxford v Scunthorpe 13.04.22

Good luck to all involved tonight & hope it is an entertaining meeting for all the punters. Shame, as others have said, it is not being streamed, even by BSN, as being a sell out for a reopening after 15 years.

It could be difficult for most teams riders as having no set up information in these early meetings(unless guest appearances) so Oxford should hold an advantage for these early meetings. Even though it is 15 years, would it be worthwhile to tap up Tai, Joe Haines or Byron Becker who last rode there in '07 for info? Just Joking.

I have not found any information of track size, shape or whether it is similar to other tracks. 

Best of luck to everyone for a successful relaunch.

With no home advantage as a brand new track, despite Scunthorpe's away issues could be pretty close. I'll go 49-41

Oxford have had a P & P day incorporating 2 rider races. I am pretty sure they will not have turned out for an hour of photos & a quick spin but with Crump & Nicholls involved, it would have turned into a 3 or 4 hour full on practice, set ups & racing lines session. Even the junior riders have come out & said racing lines will develop out wide & dive bombing into turn 1 could make overtaking opportunities.  

Up North, Birmingham have had 2 showers in the last few hours, 1 tropical as 1 poster put it & their meeting is now off.

After going to the rain radar website, I noticed the rain headed eastwards but there looked to have a few showers passing over or around Oxford. I hope all is still well & good to go(decent track staff?)

Best wishes to everyone associated with Oxford for a triumphant return.

'DIDDY' David Hamilton wished Oxford Speedway all the best on his BOOM Radio slot this afternoon.  Thumbs up to him and to everyone at Cowley this evening.

25 minutes ago, Lefty said:

'DIDDY' David Hamilton wished Oxford Speedway all the best on his BOOM Radio slot this afternoon.  Thumbs up to him and to everyone at Cowley this evening.

Crikey !! Didn't know he was still going.... used to do the speedway at Wembley way back

Upright Speedway on Twitter: "Diddy David #Hamilton looking good with his  blonde hair at the #ItalianGP. His tyre pressures look fine to me BTW :)  http://t.co/tzWPO0RKN2" / Twitter

Anyway, Oxford was the last track i visited in the UK !! Wish them all the best for the future, and maybe i might get to visit again this year or next

Edited by iris123
  • Like 4

Many fond memories of Cheetahs visits to Dudley Wood in the 80's, hope everything goes well tonight.

Some riders (experience) pays off, others do not.

My brother was very impressed with what he saw...well done to all those who got speedway back at Cowley!

• Like 2

The first meeting done & dust free (mostly).

Some good racing with places swapping on a regular basis. It would not be fair to find fault after all concerned put in a sterling effort. this was the first night & a lot was going on with all sorts of presentations the biggest of course the return of Hans Nielsen to Cowley. I think next week will be run swifter & hopefully in front of another big crowd.

Get your tickets early it could sell out again with the current champions on track

• Like 2

Well done Oxford and congratulations to all for a successful return!

Heard it was reported that over half of tickets for next week have now sold and it’s expected to sell out before the day.