British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Newcastle Championship - Friday 15 April 2022 7.30pm

So no one would lend George a bike in heat 2 then he wasn't allowed into heat 9??? What's going in. Granty finally realise how weak we are??

Twice they've not bothered to send out two riders. It's one thing to struggle on the track, but they're embarrassing themselves tonight.

Well, I've made it to heat 14.... Newcastle are a total shambles.

There is no team spirit, no rider management, no team management and the riders simply aren't good enough.

I can see the club not surviving the season, I can't see anybody actually paying to go and watch Newcastle ride, both at home and especially away.  Every team is going to rack up at least 60 against the team that has been assembled.

It's all very well claiming that Newcastle started team building late - but whose fault is that?

11 minutes ago, idanthyrsus said:

It's all very well claiming that Newcastle started team building late - but whose fault is that?

Also, they said that last year too.

• Like 1

Despite the score still some decent racing. Shame Starkey had engine problems but so unprofessional from Newcastle. 2 x 3 riders races cause couldn't be bothered putting a rider in is cheating the public I'm afraid

6 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Also, they said that last year too.

Think they are in a bit of bother already.

This has to be the worst Diamonds team ever, bloody shambles.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Despite the score still some decent racing. Shame Starkey had engine problems but so unprofessional from Newcastle. 2 x 3 riders races cause couldn't be bothered putting a rider in is cheating the public I'm afraid

Should be a rule, where you have to put two riders in (assuming they're not injured). That being said, why would you need a rule "forcing" a club into trying their best to score points / entertain the public - they should already be doing that!

• Like 3

Here we go..

Edited by soupy

Get out of Glasgow as cheaply as possible, r/r at 1proved that, feel sorry for the home Club.

It's all going to end in tears very quickly, unless they have a clear out and somehow sign a number 1 and reserves.

3 minutes ago, soupy said:

Embarrassment sung by Maddness

Wasn't that just about a 'general synopsis' ?

Edited by ruffdiamond