British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Newcastle Championship - Friday 15 April 2022 7.30pm

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Wasn't that just about 'general synopsis' ?

Yes, When I posted I deleted it as I forgot the video 

Have to say that Newcastle look a right shambles.

Edited by Rotfs

Not the best choice from BSN to screen this one. Cook, Basso and Ulle were imperious whereas Nicol started the way he finished last year. Everything about NCL has already been said above, Complin ran out of steam pretty early, something he'll need to fix as a reserve. Berwick will be much stronger opposition nxt week.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'll go for Glasgow 67-23 Newcastle

You got tomorrows lottery numbers .

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MD said:

Not the best choice from BSN to screen this one. Cook, Basso and Ulle were imperious whereas Nicol started the way he finished last year. Everything about NCL has already been said above, Complin ran out of steam pretty early, something he'll need to fix as a reserve. Berwick will be much stronger opposition nxt week.

If Complin gets out of reserve (which in that Team is possible) it will be a struggle for him.IMO.

I'd be booking kiwis on first flight out of UK personally. Try get couple decent middle order men at least have bit of strength in depth

• Like 1

Very promising start for the stripes, maximums full or paid for Cookie , Basso and Ulrich with everyone else solid enough.

Connor and Danyon both very impressive and Tom  looking very fast and seems to have matured into a very decent heat leader.

Hard to gauge if we were that good or if Newcastle were that bad probably somewhere in between , but we look a well balanced team with a lot of strength right through the team.

Painful but expected result as people have said. I remember year ago when we had a double header at glasgow, travelled up with fans, then back for 2nd leg. Was so much fun, team were fighters/etc. 

i also felt as fan, the riders/fans were close. Now a few years on, yes we were nearly gone for good. So we should be greatful for speedway… please understand we have a budget for a team… fair enough… then this season, late team build and half the riders back again from last season, was hoping to see a new look side. But nope. 

i feel theres no team/fan unity now, even when we lose, why doesnt one or whomever come out to chat to fans? Clap? Or something. Show they care? Or go look we know we’re bad, please stick with us? In our write ups its always ‘spun’ oh the lads dug hard but it wasnt our night. Boring

Also? Do we have a number 1 or has he nashed off? Wish we could rebuild the team again from scratch. 

i love speedway, diamonds.. but this team isnt it anymore. 1-7 should never have been signed back up again. 

yes we will score plenty sunday, but if endinburgh 1-7 all fire up, we’re doomed! 

Ulle looked good in his first couple of rides. I felt perhaps he was missing a little in his other rides and maybe better opposition would have found him out. But it’s the first fixture and it I’m sure he’ll be more polished with a few more rides - and perhaps it was his bike more than him. He made a nice pass around the outside for one heat win.

Connor and Craig were brilliant too. Craig helpfully missed the start in one ride to practice his passing, got round all three riders in less than two laps. Looked as good as he ever has. This is a very, very strong team at Ashfield.

least surprising result in the history of the sport.

no point in banging on about signing a number 1 or getting stronger middle order riders in.  They don't exist.

as I keep saying if the BSPL don't put some thought into making teams more evenly matched this is what will transpire and next season (or even this) there'll only be ten teams in the league and the season after that....maybe less. Plenty of results thus far back this up with plenty of massive home wins.

Having said that some of the Diamonds press releases would lead you to think that they are either genuinely clueless or think they can fool the public by putting out a team of this nature. Remember the last signing would take the team right up to the points limit.... whisper 10 years ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, enotian said:

least surprising result in the history of the sport.

no point in banging on about signing a number 1 or getting stronger middle order riders in.  They don't exist.

as I keep saying if the BSPL don't put some thought into making teams more evenly matched this is what will transpire and next season (or even this) there'll only be ten teams in the league and the season after that....maybe less. Plenty of results thus far back this up with plenty of massive home wins.

Having said that some of the Diamonds press releases would lead you to think that they are either genuinely clueless or think they can fool the public by putting out a team of this nature. Remember the last signing would take the team right up to the points limit.... whisper 10 years ago.

Maybe the plan is to go down to ten teams...?

Meaning plenty of riders to even the teams up...

There would also be a few on standby too....

Could be just what the sport needs..

Top 8 into the playoffs....:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Maybe the plan is to go down to ten teams...?

Meaning plenty of riders to even the teams up...

There would also be a few on standby too....

Could be just what the sport needs..

Top 8 into the playoffs....:rolleyes:

Maybe. I think the Butcher and the Painter & Decorator are being taken for a ride. Got to commend these guys for putting their money where their mouth is as I sure wouldn't. But they really should have been looking for assurances that they wouldn't be left in the same situation as last season. Ironically the team they put together for 2020 had way more potential than anything that's been served up since. BSPL seem to have bent the rules for Birmingham to track Pearson maybe they could have done the same for Skorja and Smetana.

That said I did put them in contact with a multi national business I work with for what appeared to be an open goal sponsorship deal and nothing came of it.

Anyway I hear the catering is fantastic so I'm sure the crowd levels will hold up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, enotian said:

Maybe. I think the Butcher and the Painter & Decorator are being taken for a ride. Got to commend these guys for putting their money where their mouth is as I sure wouldn't. But they really should have been looking for assurances that they wouldn't be left in the same situation as last season. Ironically the team they put together for 2020 had way more potential than anything that's been served up since. BSPL seem to have bent the rules for Birmingham to track Pearson maybe they could have done the same for Skorja and Smetana.

That said I did put them in contact with a multi national business I work with for what appeared to be an open goal sponsorship deal and nothing came of it.

Anyway I hear the catering is fantastic so I'm sure the crowd levels will hold up.

Skorja iz in Poland tho which rules him out 

Edited by Justgotmecpc

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'll go for Glasgow 67-23 Newcastle

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

You got tomorrows lottery numbers .

Always feels good to correctly predict a score! Was hard to see Newcastle doing any better!

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

I'd be booking kiwis on first flight out of UK personally. Try get couple decent middle order men at least have bit of strength in depth

Thought I spotted Ludvig Lingren in the crowd tonight?……does this mean anything?….