British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Newcastle Championship - Friday 15 April 2022 7.30pm

On 4/17/2022 at 5:41 PM, Bellers101 said:

Doesn't William Lawson normally ride Newcastle well?

Could do a job at reserve although I think Newcastle's main concerns are further up the riding order i.e a number 1.

I disagree as long as Newcastle can get an 8+ guest, they should stick with that! Can't see anyone out there to come in at number 1. Bigger priority in my view is getting a stronger number 7!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can someone who was at this meeting confirm if Congreve replaced Starke after his 2 min exclusion in heat 9 please? I have conflicting information.

6 minutes ago, June01 said:

Can someone who was at this meeting confirm if Congreve replaced Starke after his 2 min exclusion in heat 9 please? I have conflicting information.

Nope 3 riders only

On 4/21/2022 at 8:52 PM, June01 said:

Yes Congreve was announced to replace him but was then disqualified for failing to beat 2 minutes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2022 at 5:06 PM, SharpenRake said:

Connor is well liked at Glasgow. He's a decent young man, he's attracted lots of sponsors because he puts in the effort and clearly appreciates the support he has been given. He's also a brilliant young prospect with loads of ability. If he stays injury free, I'd say the sky's the limit and he'll ultimately make the GPs.

I see that 'allthegearbutnaeidea' felt that my post deserved a  'haha'. Hopefully, you were at Ashfield last night, enjoyed proper speedway and admired the skills and confidence of a brilliant young prospect Connor Bailey. :cheers:

Watching the stream now. A few of the Newcastle guys gave it a bit of a go, but on the whole the team looked terrible & you can certainly see how they didn't finish the season.

As a neutral it was good any time a Newcastle rider made the start & any non 5-1 result felt like a heat advantage for Newcastle!

The commentators do need to learn what team riding is thigh, riding flat out & passing your partner up the inside, isn't team riding lol!