British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Newcastle Championship - Friday 15 April 2022 7.30pm

4 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Berwick are at Edinburgh so i doubt it. Only Championship team that aren't riding at Plymouth so Palm Toft, Hans or Barker

Barker likes a long drive & if Plymouth don't have a meeting next Sunday he may guest for the diamonds v Edinburgh !! But who's to say BWD won't be fitĀ 

This match has the potential to be the biggest win of the season so far, not easy when you look at the Leicester scores! Very surprised this match was chosen by the BSN for their stream!

Edited by szkocjasid

It seems obvious that the stream isn't about providing entertainment for the neutral....I'm guessing that they think they'll get more viewers from an 'away-supporter' purchase?

Stream all away matches for the best supported teams? it's a business and not a service by looks of it.

7 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

It seems obvious that the stream isn't about providing entertainment for the neutral....I'm guessing that they think they'll get more viewers from an 'away-supporter' purchase?

Stream all away matches for the best supported teams? it's a business and not a service by looks of it.

No one can predict the entertainment value in a speedway match irrespective of the the score line.Have seen dozens of matches over time that on paper didnā€™t look attractive but on track were cracking.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Newcastleā€™sĀ the worst supported team in the league

• Haha 2

Itā€™s only fair all teams get exposure regardless.

• Like 3

Glasgow is a fair racetrack now, quite similar to NSS in its shape and preparation. Starkey and stormy should have their moments, complin might find track more to his liking than any others he's ridden so far. Might be trying to put lipstick on a pig but have to be hopeful

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

A bit unfair....may be change the word 'worst' to 'least' ? (not sure of attendance figures?)

The supporters that do go sound very passionate to me, making them amongst the 'best' supporters IMO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Supporters that travel that far, to watch the newcastle team are clearly the best in the league.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, idanthyrsus said:

Supporters that travel that far, to watch the newcastle team are clearly the best in the league.

I'll be there on Friday, with at least one other (maybe two), thanks to a lottery win...... (Ā£66 on the Hot Picks!!).

36 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I'll be there on Friday, with at least one other (maybe two), thanks to a lottery win...... (Ā£66 on the Hot Picks!!).

Congratulations!Ā :t:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Harris will be there next week with Berwick Ā so not sure if he can.( he will probably looking for special dispensation if needed though) knowing him.

You can not GUEST twice in a week at the same track but you can guest then ride for your own team within that period.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

You're all looking into it way too much.

Each team home and away twice is the aim. Keeping it fair and mixed, not just showing the same teams over and over.

The fixture list only allows a certain amount of avenues to go down to make this work as well as sticking to roughly one a week.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, idanthyrsus said:

Can you access the stream via the Glasgow website?

The stream is available on the British Speedway Network

watch.britishspeedway.co.uk

• Thanks 1