British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Newcastle Championship - Friday 15 April 2022 7.30pm

6 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Thought I spotted Ludvig Lingren in the crowd tonight?……does this mean anything?….

Think Newcastle would need him,his brother and pederson …

9 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

Thought I spotted Ludvig Lingren in the crowd tonight?……does this mean anything?….

Come to laugh at us, like his 'fans' laughed at him for years for not winning every race

This team is far worse than last years at least in barker we had a genuine heat leader who would win races given all of his faults tonight was just a glimpse of the rest of the season if something is not done and fast or we will have the bowl out again and people won’t be anywhere near as generous as last time, it’s a huge shame given the great history of a team I’ve supported for over 40 years it just makes me sad 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

I'd be booking kiwis on first flight out of UK personally. Try get couple decent middle order men at least have bit of strength in depth

If Rob was paying those two in sausages from his butchers shop , they wouldn't have enough to bother lighting the barbie between them .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

He was blown away with Glasgows performance lol

Reading between the lines of grants quotes I assume we've seen the last of BWD? 

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Reading between the lines of grants quotes I assume we've seen the last of BWD? 

Tbf, we should never have seen the first of him.

• Like 1

Co-promoter Rob Grant said afterwards: “I can appreciate the fans will be getting frustrated after our latest result, but I can confirm we are doing the air miles in trying to contact as many riders as we can.

“We are on the case, but the majority of riders who are not fixed up are either retired or don’t want to race this season. We are not clear on the shoulder injury of Bradley Wilson-Dean, and therefore we are looking at different options.

“Yes, its a bit doom and gloom at the minute, but we know we have a job to do, and we will make a change as soon as the right riders become available.”

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

It most likely means there's someone in Glasgow who looks a bit like him.

13 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Co-promoter Rob Grant said afterwards: “I can appreciate the fans will be getting frustrated after our latest result, but I can confirm we are doing the air miles in trying to contact as many riders as we can.

“We are on the case, but the majority of riders who are not fixed up are either retired or don’t want to race this season. We are not clear on the shoulder injury of Bradley Wilson-Dean, and therefore we are looking at different options.

“Yes, its a bit doom and gloom at the minute, but we know we have a job to do, and we will make a change as soon as the right riders become available.”

Well there's a saving right there.  Just contact them by phone or Skype. Imagine travelling all the way to Denmark only to find out that Bjarne Pedersen has retired :D

The only hope is that one of the few PL riders who don't double up aren't getting in rides in Poland. Blodorn (doubt he'd be a heat leader), Jorgensen (been there) or Becker (imagine he's active in Poland). Peter Kildemand might be interesting if he returns to Kings Lynn. Presuming he's not riding in Poland as he's got a PL place.

3 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Lifelong fan Arson fire said in reply ‘ i don't go anymore Rob, but when i did ( home and away) i spent £50/60/70 per week in/at Newcastle speedway( more if i took the kids), as i had a good night out and was entertained. To expect me to pay top dollar in todays climate, to watch the worst teams assembled for decades at Brough is poor and speculative on your behalf. Yes you put your own money in, and yes you have been shafted along the way ( thats your business) but ffs show some ambition and some team building clout to at least be competitive.

Myself and many others i know would jump at the chance to put their minimum £1,200 per year back into the club and you. Give people some incentive to attend or return.. please!!

Newcastle speedway has turned into a pitiful laughing stock yet again and you are responsible, only you can put it right!!

Tell me I'm wrong”.

16 minutes ago, Arson fire said:

Lifelong fan Arson fire said in reply ‘ i don't go anymore Rob, but when i did ( home and away) i spent £50/60/70 per week in/at Newcastle speedway( more if i took the kids), as i had a good night out and was entertained. To expect me to pay top dollar in todays climate, to watch the worst teams assembled for decades at Brough is poor and speculative on your behalf. Yes you put your own money in, and yes you have been shafted along the way ( thats your business) but ffs show some ambition and some team building clout to at least be competitive.

Myself and many others i know would jump at the chance to put their minimum £1,200 per year back into the club and you. Give people some incentive to attend or return.. please!!

Newcastle speedway has turned into a pitiful laughing stock yet again and you are responsible, only you can put it right!!

Tell me I'm wrong”.

This might sound radical but if you attended through thick and thin then there would be more chance of a competitive team on track?….

11 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

This might sound radical but if you attended through thick and thin then there would be more chance of a competitive team on track?….

I attended through thick and thin for best part of 40 years!!

9 hours ago, bigred said:

Think Newcastle would need him,his brother and pederson …

Which 1 Nicki or bjarnie out of retirement