British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BANDITS v MONARCHS (Saturday, April 16th) 6.30

First part of Saturday's double-header features two clubs, each with two new riders and a returnee joining three from last season.

Last season, Edinburgh swamped the Bandits 32-58 -- revenge would be sweet!

The same clubs' NDL teams provide the second match entertainment after the main event.

FTS Bandits:  1 Chris Harris (captain), 2 Ty Proctor, 3 Theo Pijper, 4 Leon Flint, 5 Ricky Wells, 6 Jye Etheridge, 7 Kyle Bickley

WTF Monarchs: 1 Sam Masters (captain), 2 Lasse Fredriksen, 3 Paco Castagna, 4 Kye Thomson, 5 Joshie Pickering, 6 Jacob Hook, 7 James Sarjeant

Tapes up: 6.30pm

Double-header prices: Adults £24, Concessions/OAP/Students £20, Juniors (12-15) £6, Under 12 £1

Just read that Theo piper has a bad crash at the grass track at the weekend and might be struggling to be fit 

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

Just read that Theo piper has a bad crash at the grass track at the weekend and might be struggling to be fit 

Hopefully, he's had no lasting damage, and can make the meetings.   If he's ruled out, Bandits would have Leon Flint, Ty Proctor and Jye Etheridge (twice) on hand as rider-replacements. 

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully fit to ride.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mac101 said:

While it's sad to see a rider injured, Berwick would be strengthened using r/r! So should certainly make sure Pijper is 100% before making a return to the track.

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

While it's sad to see a rider injured, Berwick would be strengthened using r/r! So should certainly make sure Pijper is 100% before making a return to the track.

That’s just your opinion.But I agree he should be 100% before returning

8 hours ago, Edin03 said:

Hopefully Paco’s visa will be through in time for this weekends matches.

It is 

• Like 1

Following big queues at the cash turnstiles before Bandits' previous match (against Birmingham) which caused a delay in starting the meeting, supporters are reminded that purchase of e-tickets will allow speedy passage into the stadium through the pass-gate.

Purchase in advance from:  https://www.berwickspeedway.com/tickets/

Thirty heats in the programme -- first race will start at 6.30 prompt.

Monarchs and devils will do well to score 60 combined I think over the 2 matches on Saturday night.

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

Monarchs and devils will do well to score 60 combined I think over the 2 matches on Saturday night.

You expecting the Devils to get a draw then . ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Following big queues at the cash turnstiles before Bandits' previous match (against Birmingham) which caused a delay in starting the meeting, supporters are reminded that purchase of e-tickets will allow speedy passage into the stadium through the pass-gate.

Think you will find there was only one cash turnstile open against Birmingham so hopefully there will be two open on Saturday night so no queues and a prompt start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

I had to turn round and park down a side street a bit away from the stadium due to the shows being in the car park.

Think that would be the main problem as lots of others were doing the same thing so it made me 20+ minutes later than I normally would be.

People in front of me said the speedway are not consulted with regards to the shows being there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gambo95 said:

I had to turn round and park down a side street a bit away from the stadium due to the shows being in the car park.

Think that would be the main problem as lots of others were doing the same thing so it made me 20+ minutes later than I normally would be.

People in front of me said the speedway are not consulted with regards to the shows being there.

Are the shows still there?

23 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Are the shows still there?

No they are away

• Thanks 1