British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

BULLETS v DEVILS (NDL) Saturday, April 16th (8.15pm)

The second part of Saturday's Shielfield Park double-header features the NDL portion of the Berwick/Edinburgh Easter eggs-travaganza (sorry, couldn't help myself).

The CL match begins at 6.30pm, expect this part of proceedings to kick off about 8.15pm 

GHT Bullets: 1 Kyle Bickley (captain), 2 Kieran Douglas, 3 Ben Rathbone, 4 Greg Blair, 5 Luke Crang, 6 Mason Watson, 7 Ace Pijper

Stellar Devils: 1 Danny Phillips, 2 Josh Embleton, 3 Tom Wooley (captain), 4 George Rothery, 5 Willie Lawson, 6 Gregor Millar, 7 Lewis Millar

Adults £24,  Concessions/OAP/Students £20, Juniors (12-15) £6, Under 12 £1

At the time of writing, Bullets are top of the NDL standings (albeit with a long way to go) and must be aiming to add some points - but, when an Edinburgh team come to Berwick.....

Edited by crescent girl

3 hours ago, mac101 said:

Berwick win by 54 -36 

At least

Really can’t figure why Kyle wants to ride in this league considering he is trying to get a U /24 place in Poland according to some.Must being  getting payed enough to make it worthwhile considering Machinery  costs and Travelling costs.Maybe trying to boost confidence but can’t be learning much at this stage of his career.This is not a criticism just an opinion.

Edited by Fromafar

Following big queues at the cash turnstiles before Bandits' previous match (against Birmingham) which caused a delay in starting the meeting, supporters are reminded that purchase of e-tickets will allow speedy passage into the stadium through the pass-gate.

Purchase in advance from:  https://www.berwickspeedway.com/tickets/

Thirty heats in the programme -- first race will start at 6.30 prompt.

Meeting closed after 14 heats. 55-29 according to the scoreboard. 56-28 according to the centre green announcer.

I was busy keeping warm by eating chips, and had stopped recording the score. Easy home win either way.

Should say it was closed because they were past curfew, and George Rothery took a nasty fall on the exit on turn four. Ambulance on track.

Hope Rothery injuries are not too bad that was a nasty sudden stop he took coming out of the 4th bend.

An alarming crash for George Rothery… the speed he had… how wide he was and how sudden he stopped was horrible to see but  according to club social media all riders who crashed last night have walked away without injury! No doubt they will all be bloody sore today though! 
Anyways, a very convincing win by the Bullets and nice to sit back on top of the league.. let everyone else do the chasing! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Hope Rothery injuries are not too bad that was a nasty sudden stop he took coming out of the 4th bend.

It was a really nice pass he'd just made too. He definitely had the space to come back down from the fence. I think he just misjudged it and thought he was clear. I didn't see him get up as I was up on the third bend (cracking view!) and the ambulance was blocking my view but it did appear he got up on his feet after a few minutes.

43 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

It was a really nice pass he'd just made too. He definitely had the space to come back down from the fence. I think he just misjudged it and thought he was clear. I didn't see him get up as I was up on the third bend (cracking view!) and the ambulance was blocking my view but it did appear he got up on his feet after a few minutes.

Lucky lad to avoid serious injury,bit of a kamakazi move considering how wide the track was riding at that stage.If your out that wide coming out 4th bend you have to come back in as the track does come in a little.There's been a few nasty similar crashes at that point.He stopped dead and at least got throw of the right side of the bike.

53 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Lucky lad to avoid serious injury,bit of a kamakazi move considering how wide the track was riding at that stage.If your out that wide coming out 4th bend you have to come back in as the track does come in a little.There's been a few nasty similar crashes at that point.He stopped dead and at least got throw of the right side of the bike.

he must have  been watching pickering do it in the main meeting great rider has big dog danglers to try pass that outside line another wrecked bike think that’s 3 in his first 4 meetings shame on his pocket but was sitting up in the pits after and was walking gingerly after the meeting 

Don’t know what’s happened to the miller brothers seemed to have gone backwards so far this season. Thought Gregor especially was going to kick on this season after a good opening season but so far not really been the case.