British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wealdstone

Stop Oil and other vandals hooligans and anarchists

13 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Looks like a summer of discontent is ahead...

Should'nt  be if the police did their job and arrested these lay about,s but for reasons that escape me they just allow them to ruin people,s lives.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Should'nt  be if the police did their job and arrested these lay about,s but for reasons that escape me they just allow them to ruin people,s lives.

Shoot the b'stards, I say; shoot 'em... :t:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Interestingly   enough I listened to a Radio prog the other day , where many that had gone electric  bitterly regret doing so . A Car dealer even went so far as to say that in his view  the latest technology regarding battery life, charging  etc is just not up to the mark

3 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Managed to get diesel today, as it happened diesel was all the  garage had

I got some this morning too, phew.

Get the arguments against electric, but it would be ideal for me as someone who does 50 or so miles a day. Very few electric commercial vehicle options around at the moment though . 

Yeah we managed to get some too.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I got some this morning too, phew.

Get the arguments against electric, but it would be ideal for me as someone who does 50 or so miles a day. Very few electric commercial vehicle options around at the moment though . 

28 minutes ago, Badge said:

Yeah we managed to get some too.

Yeah Yeah, just keep on raping the Earth of its finite resources in order to make your life easier!!!,,, do you not realise how long it takes to produce this sort of stuff? ;)

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Interestingly   enough I listened to a Radio prog the other day , where many that had gone electric  bitterly regret doing so . A Car dealer even went so far as to say that in his view  the latest technology regarding battery life, charging  etc is just not up to the mark

Did the programme give any indication of what the extra cost to charge a vehicle at home is now that electric has gone up so much , they tell you the extra normal fuel full tank increases but not heard the tv mention car charging increases since april 1st,  

16 hours ago, wealdstone said:

The fundamental problem is that an electric car gives you something more expensive and less usable than you have currently. Range remains a serious issue unless you're only planning to travel locally, with cars having nothing like the range that's claimed for them, and which gets progressively worse as the battery degrades. If I wanted to drive up to Scotland, I'd have to stop 2 or 3 times and run the gauntlet of finding an available charging point that worked, and in Australia outside of the big cities, well just forget it...

There's also the environmental damage caused by the production and disposal of the batteries, although I do get that you move pollution away from the cities, and it allows the use of some cleaner forms of energy in the electricity production. 

Hydrogen fuel cell cars would seem a lot better bet, especially for commercial vehicles, although they seem to be a long time coming. There's also going to be the issue of a lack of refuelling stations, whereas you can always plug your electric car into the mains somewhere. 

• Like 7

Some dopey Extinction Rebellion bloke is being completely annihilated by Inaya Folarin Iman on GB News. Absolutely hilarious.

14 minutes ago, Crumpet91 said:

Some dopey Extinction Rebellion bloke is being completely annihilated by Inaya Folarin Iman on GB News. Absolutely hilarious.

this is all you see though, none can answer questions, just keep spouting what they want to say

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stevehone said:

this is all you see though, none can answer questions, just keep spouting what they want to say

That's the way of the modern world - particularly the poxy conspiracy theorists...

How do these idiots get to their place of protest? Walk, bike, horse or what?

On 4/15/2022 at 5:40 PM, TonyE said:

How do these idiots get to their place of protest? Walk, bike, horse or what?

Walking would be safer than this Electric Bus.

On 4/14/2022 at 5:00 AM, Humphrey Appleby said:

The fundamental problem is that an electric car gives you something more expensive and less usable than you have currently. Range remains a serious issue unless you're only planning to travel locally, with cars having nothing like the range that's claimed for them, and which gets progressively worse as the battery degrades. If I wanted to drive up to Scotland, I'd have to stop 2 or 3 times and run the gauntlet of finding an available charging point that worked, and in Australia outside of the big cities, well just forget it...

There's also the environmental damage caused by the production and disposal of the batteries, although I do get that you move pollution away from the cities, and it allows the use of some cleaner forms of energy in the electricity production. 

Hydrogen fuel cell cars would seem a lot better bet, especially for commercial vehicles, although they seem to be a long time coming. There's also going to be the issue of a lack of refuelling stations, whereas you can always plug your electric car into the mains somewhere. 

I agree with most of that, swapping fossil fuels for electric on vehicles is crazy. Like so many of the supposed answers to energy problems and the climate it is badly thought out nonsense that prefers to be seen doing something than solving the problem.

However for thousands of people the plug in option is just not available at home. Just parking near their home is a problem for many and for anybody without a drive you can't be running cables across the street due to H&S among other things.

• Like 2

Batteries do not make electricity, they store electricity produced elsewhere, primarily by coal, uranium, natural gas or diesel powered generators. So to say an EV is a zero emission vehicle is not at all valid. 

• Like 3