British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Leicester v Poole Sat 16th/4/22

3 hours ago, False dawn said:

I think any rider showing complacency in a team managed by Stuart Dixon will get his a**e kicked.

Stewart Dickson even.:blink:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PowerfulPierre said:

I doubt that the Bates' will have to dig as deep for this week's wages bill but I suspect that the Lions will pull it off. Hopefully we'll also enjoy some closer racing than we've seen lately.

There as some very good competitive racing in the match v Scunthorpe although it does not show in the final result.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I will be most interested to see whether Poole can convince me that Leicester is a decent race track?

Well, your Brummies certainly won't :rofl:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

Poole will fancy there chances after Leicester's rubbish performance tonight....

A full team contribution…. they were all cr*p. Nothing in it up to the half way point and then the gutsy Scorps took the pee. Our three heat leaders need to post at least thirty points between them for us to have a chance against the Pirates tomorrow.

Coming up for this. Pirates all on good form and demolished Oxford with ease tonight. Much tougher tomorrow though and Leicester have a team dialled into the track and have slaughtered the opposition this season. Going to be very difficult to come away with anything, being realistic. But they will be giving it a good go and if we can come away with a point it will Be a good result.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

Poole will fancy there chances after Leicester's rubbish performance tonight....

What happened? Did Richie really try and punch TA's helmet?? Last I looked it was 25-23 to Leicester and then at Poole they read out final scores and Leicester lost by 20??!! I think even Nij our announcer was shocked!!

Edited by lisa-colette

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Away win.

Stop it!! Of all the places I would put Poole potentially winning, Leicester isn't one of them! 

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Stop it!! Of all the places I would put Poole potentially winning, Leicester isn't one of them! 

Why not? Poole did it twice last season!!

• Like 2

On 4/13/2022 at 10:25 AM, GiveusaB said:

Rehearsal for the Play - Off Final.

Leicester to win by 12 points.

Don’t think so, I think Glasgow are title favourites. 

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Coming up for this. Pirates all on good form and demolished Oxford with ease tonight. Much tougher tomorrow though and Leicester have a team dialled into the track and have slaughtered the opposition this season. Going to be very difficult to come away with anything, being realistic. But they will be giving it a good go and if we can come away with a point it will Be a good result.

I agree it will be tough, Leicester always a tough place to go but we have ridden the track quite well in the past so I am hoping for a good meeting. See you there. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

glasgow poole final for me at this early stage in the season

6 minutes ago, ray c said:

glasgow poole final for me at this early stage in the season

I agree on current form but teams change over the course of a season and judging by the way some teams have started I expect many changes. Glasgow are a top team and Basso could make the difference for them. 

23 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I think Glasgow's team has the most potential but I just can't see anyone beating Poole over two legs injuries permitting.