British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Leicester v Poole Sat 16th/4/22

Some Poole supporters are desperately trying to portray themselves as rank outsiders for this meeting. Poole have essentially most of the team that won there twice last year, with the addition of Richard Lawson for Rory , and Richard has been prolific around Leicester in the past. This should be a close meeting and could go either way. Much will depend on the Twins showing their usual Leicester form rather than their very mediocre anywhere else form. I think this one is too close to call and will be a last heat decider. 

• Like 1

I think the problem Leicester will have is just simply riding away from home..at home it's a tough one for any top team even. But away from home the twins are still getting used to the other track styles. Mountain has come of age is did well last night and rowe should kick on. Thats Leicester only real issue is the inexperience in the team 

Leicester riders will not be sitting on their bikes tonight due to aching backsides.

1 hour ago, ScottyJ said:

I think the problem Leicester will have is just simply riding away from home..at home it's a tough one for any top team even. But away from home the twins are still getting used to the other track styles. Mountain has come of age is did well last night and rowe should kick on. Thats Leicester only real issue is the inexperience in the team 

The problem yesterday was not the twins, it was the capitulation of the top order

I assume that this pathetic promotion of tonight's meeting against the current league Champions is down to the tragic death of Nigel Pearson

http://www.leicesterspeedway.com/news.php?extend.31896.1

"LEICESTER host reigning champions Poole at the Paul Chapman & Sons Arena on Easter Saturday with a 7pm start.

Team news is as follows:

LEICESTER: Nick Morris, Connor Mountain, Kyle Howarth, Dan Thompson, Richie Worrall, Anders Rowe, Joe Thompson.
POOLE: Steve Worrall, Zach Cook, Richard Lawson, Ben Cook, Danny King, Drew Kemp, Nathan Ablitt."

It just shows what a huge loss he's going to be to the sport that nobody else involved with the club can come up with any words to promote the meeting on their own website!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think Glasgow's team has the most potential but I just can't see anyone beating Poole over two legs injuries permitting.

We have hit the ground running as it were, Ablitt won't score too many but I suppose we don't need him to, we will need him to in some meetings though, can't see him lasting the season to be honest. 

4 hours ago, wtf said:

Some Poole supporters are desperately trying to portray themselves as rank outsiders for this meeting. Poole have essentially most of the team that won there twice last year, with the addition of Richard Lawson for Rory , and Richard has been prolific around Leicester in the past. This should be a close meeting and could go either way. Much will depend on the Twins showing their usual Leicester form rather than their very mediocre anywhere else form. I think this one is too close to call and will be a last heat decider. 

Lawson is going well but Rory was terrific at Leicester so he will do well to match him, I just feel like the team is a bit top heavy. 

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Lawson is going well but Rory was terrific at Leicester so he will do well to match him, I just feel like the team is a bit top heavy. 

Disagree. Team seems very nicely balanced with both Cooks, so far, doing more than their expectations. And Kemp could have scored a max last night but for a lost chain. Agree Ablitt will struggle but we knew that anyway. Kemp at reserve will get 5-6 rides with Ablitt getting 3, and would replace a Cook if they are struggling.  

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Why not? Poole did it twice last season!!

Well it isn't last season is it?? ;) My gut is saying Leicester by 12, they are very good at home. Will be difficult to keep it within 10, but we shall see. I am pretty rubbish at predictions anyway.

47 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Disagree. Team seems very nicely balanced with both Cooks, so far, doing more than their expectations. And Kemp could have scored a max last night but for a lost chain. Agree Ablitt will struggle but we knew that anyway. Kemp at reserve will get 5-6 rides with Ablitt getting 3, and would replace a Cook if they are struggling.  

Might be tempting fate here but I haven’t seen Kemp have a decent meeting at Leicester yet.

Think it could go either way tonight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

The problem yesterday was not the twins, it was the capitulation of the top order

Leicester seemed to be doing alright til this apparently happened:

'Worrall just punched Aernio at end of last race, it was only a tap to the helmet but ref coming down to pits now' - from a fan attending who posted on SM. I'm assuming that was the 'incident' referred to on updates? 'Last race- being Richie's second race.

But how does that change the whole meeting unless track changed as well and Leicester riders not riding on right part of the track?

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Well will be if there are 3 no1's!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Leicester seemed to be doing alright til this apparently happened:

'Worrall just punched Aernio at end of last race, it was only a tap to the helmet but ref coming down to pits now' - from a fan attending who posted on SM. I'm assuming that was the 'incident' referred to on updates? 'Last race- being Richie's second race.

But how does that change the whole meeting unless track changed as well and Leicester riders not riding on right part of the track?

That was my view of the alleged 'punch' too!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

That was my view of the alleged 'punch' too!

If it was an actual punch he would have got thrown out the meeting? As I have seen enough of them at Poole to know what happens!! ;)

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes thinking about it, as long as we have one good reserve then we should be ok.