Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Oxford 15/4/22

12 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I think Mr Schroek has a long history of incomprehensible tactical moves - this is certainly an addition 

9 minutes ago, ray c said:

i thought jason crump is team manager at oxford or was he not there last night ?

Both were listed in Oxo prog.

12 hours ago, YerRopes said:

Left after heat 11, procession after procession sadly..

A shame when there was such a good crowd in, always appears to be the case.

• Like 1

I guess not much water went down, a bumper crowd expected and wanted to make sure it was on, although if your team can gate then why not make it like that!  I bought the stream and had all sorts of problems for the first 15 minutes but found stream 3 and player B to be a combination that worked. 

Remember it's not how you start it's how you finish :D

36 minutes ago, ray c said:

i thought jason crump is team manager at oxford or was he not there last night ?

Jason was absent last night as he was with his son at a BSB(?) event. Peter Schroeck was deputising.

I think there was plenty of water put down, the track was certainly soaked when I got there at 5

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stevehone said:

I think there was plenty of water put down, the track was certainly soaked when I got there at 5

The track is so much better than in recent seasons. Smooth with plenty of dirt down, but it didn’t seem the outside run was working as well as it has this season in the two previous meetings. It didn’t help that the opposition was so poor. Pirates could have scored 64 but for an ef to Kemp and Worrall and Ablitt clipping a back wheel when heading into a 5-1 position.

58 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The track is so much better than in recent seasons. Smooth with plenty of dirt down, but it didn’t seem the outside run was working as well as it has this season in the two previous meetings. It didn’t help that the opposition was so poor. Pirates could have scored 64 but for an ef to Kemp and Worrall and Ablitt clipping a back wheel when heading into a 5-1 position.

Worrall got his puncture coming out of turn 2 of last lap but it finally gave out by the time he was at bend 4.

Ablitt bounced into Stoneman and his footrest went into Stoneman's front wheel causing it to collapse, could have been so much worse 

2 hours ago, Rob Dyer said:

Jason was absent last night as he was with his son at a BSB(?) event. Peter Schroeck was deputising.

He would have been at Silverstone where Seth is riding.

You can't blame the track just because the home side gated and raced so much better than a much weaker opposition!!

The track was well-watered throughout the day and looked very similar to the pictures of Birmingham's on Wednesday when I arrived - and that meeting was called off!!

It rode smooth, fast and consistent throughout. Even Scott said he enjoyed it despite 'Poole being really on it!!'

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

The track was perfect as skidder said just poor opposition .I think there will quite a few meetings with those sort of scores this season .not good for speedway as a whole though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

Worrall got his puncture coming out of turn 2 of last lap but it finally gave out by the time he was at bend 4.

Ablitt bounced into Stoneman and his footrest went into Stoneman's front wheel causing it to collapse, could have been so much worse 

No doubt Ablitt was at fault in his eagerness to get past Stoneman. It looked bad and it was good to see Stoneman get up to his feet after a few mins.

3 hours ago, bellevueace said:

A shame when there was such a good crowd in, always appears to be the case.

But they missed the good heats near the end. Plus there was a bit of passing when Troy and Heeps gated.

3 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I guess not much water went down, a bumper crowd expected and wanted to make sure it was on, although if your team can gate then why not make it like that!  I bought the stream and had all sorts of problems for the first 15 minutes but found stream 3 and player B to be a combination that worked. 

Remember it's not how you start it's how you finish :D

I don't get that! Sunny skies all day, though keeping the moisture in the track would be challenging on an 18-20 degrees sort of day!! Good job it wasn't a day meeting tbh.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

You can't blame the track just because the home side gated and raced so much better than a much weaker opposition!!

The track was well-watered throughout the day and looked very similar to the pictures of Birmingham's on Wednesday when I arrived - and that meeting was called off!!

It rode smooth, fast and consistent throughout. Even Scott said he enjoyed it despite 'Poole being really on it!!'

Yes and most of the moaning seems to be coming from Swindon fans plus a few Oxford ones on twitter. If Oxford gated more there would have been more passing i think.

5 hours ago, ray c said:

can anyone understand jason tactical move bringing in troy when six points behind .i certainly cant ?

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

I think Mr Schroek has a long history of incomprehensible tactical moves - this is certainly an addition to the list.

If Oxford wanted to use their top rider (Nicholls) to replace a reserve (Stoneman) the first available time would've been in heat 12, by which time Oxford would've been 24 points behind & people would question "why wait till you've lost to use a tac sub"?