British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Oxford 15/4/22

2 hours ago, ray c said:

The track was perfect as skidder said just poor opposition .I think there will quite a few meetings with those sort of scores this season .not good for speedway as a whole though

With the '22 team Poole have expect one sided home meetings, big paydays but this could effect the gate receipts!  Matt will not be happy in his Château. 

5 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I guess not much water went down, a bumper crowd expected and wanted to make sure it was on, although if your team can gate then why not make it like that!  I bought the stream and had all sorts of problems for the first 15 minutes but found stream 3 and player B to be a combination that worked. 

Remember it's not how you start it's how you finish :D

Plenty of Water went down throughout the day. . Wanted to make sure it was on . We had,  Edit,  a glorious Spring day in Poole.

Edited by Starman2006

25 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Plenty of Water went down throughout the day. . Wanted to make sure it was on . We had,  Edit,  a glorious Spring day in Poole.

If 20 degrees is spring, exactly how hot are you expecting summer to be!! 

38 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

With the '22 team Poole have expect one sided home meetings, big paydays but this could effect the gate receipts!  Matt will not be happy in his Château. 

With the size of the crowd yesterday which prob between about 2.5 to 3k, I think he'd be fine! Grandstand packed out. Anyone would think it was a playoff final!! 

You might have a point vs Newcastle though.

• Like 1

Can see Poole hitting 60 points at home quite a few times this season. Far better in all area's last night.

Terrible meeting .Track was so bad .Oxford have a terrible side.

1 hour ago, Toto said:

Terrible meeting .Track was so bad .Oxford have a terrible side.

Agree about Oxford but track was bad? We’re you there? Smooth as silk thanks to Terry. 

• Like 2

Was the track perfect? Not quite, but like it has been stated, was smooth with some dirt on it. Sadly it only seemed to produce one real racing line but it is still the best condition I have seen the Poole track in years.

Oxford were very very poor. Nicholls being the only real serious threat to Poole. I think its fair to say Batch's last two Cheetahs meetings have mirrored his career perfectly, untouchable one minute, riding like a reserve the next.

Great to see such a big crowd, looked around the 3k mark to my untrained eye, looked bigger than the Glasgow final did anyway. Fabulous to have the post heat 14 rendition of Sweet Caroline back as well. The addition of Karl West as DJ at Wimborne Road could be the best signing Poole have made in a few seasons, feels like theres a good atmosphere around the place all meeting long 

• Like 6

21 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I don't get that! Sunny skies all day, though keeping the moisture in the track would be challenging on an 18-20 degrees sort of day!! Good job it wasn't a day meeting tbh.

I don't know the track that well down there but what I meant was that at Ipswich they water it in the days leading up to a meeting so the underneath stays moist, just guessing really :) 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I don't know the track that well down there but what I meant was that at Ipswich they water it in the days leading up to a meeting so the underneath stays moist, just guessing really :) 

There was no dust at all. Not sure why it is being bought up. Track is in great condition, no ifs, buts or maybe’s. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There was no dust at all. Not sure why it is being bought up. Track is in great condition, no ifs, buts or maybe’s. 

To be fair there was a little bit of dust on the pits turn late on in the meeting where the racing/passing line usually is.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

To be fair there was a little bit of dust on the pits turn late on in the meeting where the racing/passing line usually is.

I Never noticed it Skidder. Think Terry has got the track spot on. Just needed a little more grip on outside but Oxford were poor do doubt it would have made any difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

I actually don't think it's dust but the shale/surface is so fine looks like dust but you pick it up and you get a wet/dirty hand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I Never noticed it Skidder. Think Terry has got the track spot on. Just needed a little more grip on outside but Oxford were poor do doubt it would have made any difference.

Only would have helped Scott I think, that was what he was trying to use in his final two races.

On 4/16/2022 at 1:37 PM, lisa-colette said:

But they missed the good heats near the end. Plus there was a bit of passing when Troy and Heeps gated.

No matter how good a track if one team dosent turn up or is well outclassed you wont really get good racing, similar to mid day starts on bank holiday meetings, not every meeting can be full of great racing.

• Like 3