British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Oxford 15/4/22

Oxford were completely outclassed and looked a poor side winning only one race.I am no expert at all but the track looked in excellent condition maybe a bit more dirt on the outside but the chap On the tractor did rough it up before the start but don't think made any difference as Oxford riders just were to slow.Most of them have ridden Poole many times before and to have a hole free track that looked as flat as a pancake should have been ideal for them as it was for the home riders.

• Like 3

On 4/17/2022 at 12:19 AM, Steve Shovlar said:

Agree about Oxford but track was bad? We’re you there? Smooth as silk thanks to Terry. 

The most important thing in my opinion is that Oxford is back after 17 years dormant years. The priority this year I would have thought was to win the majority of their home matches and hopefully their away form will follow once they've become re-established. I wish all those involved great luck and for their enthusisam and dedication...wish I was able to make return visits to Cowley but living in East Yorkshire makes that difficult but I hope to get back sometime in the near future!

• Like 2

I would have thought that when Poole had problems with the track it would have hindered them more than the away side, now the track has been sorted and its consistent the home riders will know how its going to be prepared each week so will make the task even more difficult for the away teams, more than just Oxford will get a thumping there.

• Like 1

I watched on the livestream and I don’t think there was anything wrong with the track. The problem is that financially, Poole, Glasgow and Leicester are literally in a different league to everybody else. Poole have three number 1’s. Outside of visits from Glasgow and Leicester, everybody else is going to get the same sort of thumping that Oxford got, and there probably won’t be much great racing.

Not saying it is right or wrong, it is just reality. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alanf2 said:

I watched on the livestream and I don’t think there was anything wrong with the track. The problem is that financially, Poole, Glasgow and Leicester are literally in a different league to everybody else. Poole have three number 1’s. Outside of visits from Glasgow and Leicester, everybody else is going to get the same sort of thumping that Oxford got, and there probably won’t be much great racing.

Not saying it is right or wrong, it is just reality. 

With big crowds continuing to come along!!  or watch the Poole stream.

ps. Poole don't pay big bucks BUT they do ensure everyone gets paid regularly and correctly. Sponsorship also plays an integral part in the club's few  income streams.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

With big crowds continuing to come along!!  or watch the Poole stream.

ps. Poole don't pay big bucks BUT they do ensure everyone gets paid regularly and correctly. Sponsorship also plays an integral part in the club's few  income streams.

Poole are not the only club that pays on time, so obviously they pay more than alot of clubs can afford to,who do you think you are kidding for goodness sake :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, lewy said:

Poole are not the only club that pays on time, so obviously they pay more than alot of clubs can afford to,who do you think you are kidding for goodness sake :rolleyes:

Not necessarily true every time. There have been times Poole have offered lower than another club and the rider has come to Poole. The most obvious time being Leigh Adams and BV offering him more. But also location of the track and a good chance of winning trophies probably comes into it, not just money. 

• Like 1

Sponsorship must be a massive part of attracting top quality riders there, its an affluent area with lots of sponsorship opportunities. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lewy said:

As long as Plymouth pay their guest from Poole tomorrow (Lawson),who cares?

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

As long as Plymouth pay their Poole guest Lawson tomorrow who cares?

Lawson. 

• Confused 1

On 4/17/2022 at 12:19 AM, Steve Shovlar said:

Agree about Oxford but track was bad? We’re you there? Smooth as silk thanks to Terry. 

Tracks getting there Steve. The levels are a lot better now and theres a bit more clay in the track, and along with constant  WATERING, hence the dust was kept to a minimum, Terry just needs a bit more "Material" But the track will continue to improve.