British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Oxford 15/4/22

Meeting not a patch in last week even with the exact same scoreline. Oxford a poor excuse of an opposition tonight. Just didn’t put up a fight and Pirates could have had 60 points with ease but for an EF to Drew Kemp, a collision with Ablitt and Stoneman and bike issue for Steve Worrall in heat 15.

Oxford just weren’t at the races and if a team is outgated and tailed off they are not going to do well. The racing did improve in the last few heats but the track didn’t offer much out wide today. Perhaps a little underwatered although there was no dust.

Poole showing already why they are favourites to retain the title with this demolition. Very good performances for 6 of the team though Ablitt certainly got stuck in on his last ride. A bit over eager. Rest of the team very solid with a special mention for Drew Kemp who has started the season on fire and has been banging in the points. Both Cooks very good, King getting better, while Steve Worrall and Richard Lawson rock solid. 

For Oxford Nicholls always gives 100% but Batchelor was awful and Heeps is a Heep of Sh*te. Thomas and Ruml both tried.

Big crowd, dominant Pirates even if the racing was below par. Most of the crowd went home very happy. Onto Leicester tomorrow and a much tougher test. 

3 hours ago, YerRopes said:

Half an hour queue to get in, told by staff 'Rome wasn't built in a day', a joke tbh, barely any staff, not impressed. 

Queued for bar where most pumps not working.. 

Queues are never usually that long not even for playoff final lol. But the other issues you raise could depend on what is agreed with GI/Stadia UK..? 

Having said that if you pay by cash, you can jump a lot of the queue it seems! As apparently no one uses cash anymore? Well more fool them!! 

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

Turned out to be pretty much the easiest journey I've ever had to Poole. Even Ringwood was free flowing.

Yeah, was always gonna be fine in the evening. Tourists already gone through by then. I'm sure the morning and lunchtime would have been hectic though.

2 hours ago, daz9100 said:

Massive attendance tonight.  Can’t remember when we saw crowds like this last 

Bigger than a lot of our Prem crowds for sure!!

1 hour ago, YerRopes said:

Left after heat 11, procession after procession sadly..

Apart from  the odd time Heeps gated, then there was passing! Unfortunately for you leaving as H13 and H15, some places were decide right on the line!! 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah, was always gonna be fine in the evening. Tourists already gone through by then. I'm sure the morning and lunchtime would have been hectic though.

A31 at wimborne surprisingly quiet from 11.00am onwards

6 minutes ago, sugarray said:

A31 at wimborne surprisingly quiet from 11.00am onwards

Really that is surprising!! Maybe everyone descended Thurs eve. Was really quiet when left at half 6! Good job to seeing as queue was so long. 

• Like 1

Just home and would like to suggest some improvements for the home management to consider, fully accepting the unusually large size of today’s crowd:

1. Make it clear on your website and other relevant publicity that card admission on the night is only available at the new grandstand entrance unless of course you have imminent plans to offer this at the old grandstand turnstile.

2. Make it clear with permanent signage at every entrance point, which queue (cash only or card only)  spectators should join and employ/brief sufficient staff on how to guide ‘punters’ to the appropriate areas for speed of admission.

3. Please consider reintroducing spectators having pit access until say 7.00 pm

Thank  you and congratulations to your Pirates on an impressive performance.

Edited to add a suggestion that opening the gates earlier may well have eased the congestion.

Edited by Dickie Head
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

can anyone understand jason tactical move bringing in troy when sis points behind .i certainly cant ?

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes Google maps showed plenty of delays in the morning but most had disappeared or reduced by the time I set off and all of them had evaporated by the time I reached them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ray c said:

can anyone understand jason tactical move bringing in troy when sis points behind .i certainly cant ?

I think Mr Schroek has a long history of incomprehensible tactical moves - this is certainly an addition to the list.

2 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I think Mr Schroek has a long history of incomprehensible tactical moves - this is certainly an addition to the list.

i thought jason crump is team manager at oxford or was he not there last night ?