British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Edinburgh SGB Championship KO Cup 1st Rnd 1st Leg Sun 17 Apr 5.30pm

Don't forget it's a 5.30pm start (gates open at 4.30pm) for this one, to avoid a clash with the football at St James Park.  

Newcastle should have a chance of a narrow home win, but can't see any possibility of an aggregate win for them.

Line-ups (Taken off Facebook):

Newcastle 1. Chris Harris (guest), 2. Matthew Wethers, 3. James Wright, 4. Max Clegg, 5. Paul Starke, 6. Lee Complin, 7. George Congreve
Edinburgh 1. Sam Masters, 2. Lasse Fredriksen, 3. Paco Castagna, 4. Kye Thomson, 5. Josh Pickering, 6. Jacob Hook, 7. James Sarjeant

Hope BWD isn’t too sore. Wouldn’t be as sore if could score a point I bet.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

BWD is not riding.  Diamonds are using r/r at #1 at Glasgow on Friday, but have Chris Harris on Sunday.

3 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

BWD is not riding.  Diamonds are using r/r at #1 at Glasgow on Friday, but have Chris Harris on Sunday.

Where does it say on this thread that BWD is riding (seeing as this is the thread for Sunday vs Edinburgh)?  As I've said two post above yours, the line-ups for Sunday include Chris Harris at number one for the Diamonds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Line-ups (Taken off Facebook):

Newcastle 1. Chris Harris (guest), 2. Matthew Wethers, 3. James Wright, 4. Max Clegg, 5. Paul Starke, 6. Lee Complin, 7. George Congreve
Edinburgh 1. Sam Masters, 2. Lasse Fredriksen, 3. Paco Castagna, 4. Kye Thomson, 5. Josh Pickering, 6. Jacob Hook, 7. James Sarjeant

Well, hopefully that might put few more 'bums on seats', as they say?

14 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Well, hopefully that might put few more 'bums on seats', as they say?

Might fetch a few Berwick fans down 

• Like 1

Harris could jeopardise Berwick chances for play-off places with all his guesting for other Teams over the season.IMO.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Harris could jeopardise Berwick chances for play-off places with all his guesting for other Teams over the season.IMO.

But could get a winners medal....

And a runners up one too...:D

• Haha 2

Having slated the Diamonds elsewhere I think they'll win this one unless Kye Thomson has improved to heat leader level after a good first season.  The Monarchs look like a developmental team this season.  Even with Harris the Diamonds will probably concede the now traditional 8 points at the back end but Thomson aside the Diamonds top six should have enough to see off the rest of the Monarchs.

Two points, unrelated... first, does anyone know if this is a season ticket match (if not I needd to get to a cashpoint!), and second and more seriously, is it worth considering a minute's applause for Nigel Pearson tomorrow?  I'm not sure if the promotion would consider it but it might be a  nice touch.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Two points, unrelated... first, does anyone know if this is a season ticket match (if not I needd to get to a cashpoint!), and second and more seriously, is it worth considering a minute's applause for Nigel Pearson tomorrow?  I'm not sure if the promotion would consider it but it might be a  nice touch.

I believe so.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Any correspondence you got/had with the season ticket purchase, should enlighten you. Agree it would be nice touch to do a minutes silence for the fella.