British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Edinburgh SGB Championship KO Cup 1st Rnd 1st Leg Sun 17 Apr 5.30pm

I have been going to Brough for 43 years now and for 40 of them years I used to pay my entrance money to watch the Owens, Hunter, Bargh, Pedersen( Nicki and Bjarne)Stuart Robson   Larson, Bach and Lambert etc Now when I pay my entrance money I say I am going to watch Cook, Masters, Pickering, Nicholls, Charles Wright, Kerr and the Worralls etc …. Notice the common theme ? I used to go to be excited by my teams riders now I look forward to seeing the opposition teams riders 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

I have been going to Brough for 43 years now and for 40 of them years I used to pay my entrance money to watch the Owens, Hunter, Bargh, Pedersen( Nicki and Bjarne)Stuart Robson   Larson, Bach and Lambert etc Now when I pay my entrance money I say I am going to watch Cook, Masters, Pickering, Nicholls, Charles Wright, Kerr and the Worralls etc …. Notice the common theme ? I used to go to be excited by my teams riders now I look forward to seeing the opposition teams riders 

That`s a great point as nice as it is to win every week sometimes the opposition riders are worth going to see , as long as  its not batterings every week the odd defeat with some good racing can be accepted .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, enotian said:

and replace them with whom? there just aren't enough riders available and that was obvious at the point the 2022 teams building rules were put in place.

Birmingham have done well but you wonder how much they're shelling out on Ellis and Vissing. Just to put 7 riders out.

There are riders available such as Sedgeman, Kheler etc. There also seems to be a lack of interest in finding new talent from abroad. I partly blame that on the over abused guest system. It's far cheaper to use 'borrowed' riders that are already in this country than do the hard work to bring a new talent over. There will be foreign talents especially the younger riders wanting to ride over here.

Edited by Bellers101

2 hours ago, speedy19902006 said:

We’re 3 home meetings in, and tonight being the first wheels spun in anger, we were on pace, and mixing it for the most part. People are shouting for change - the lads who ride and belong to Newcastle tonight done us proud and were great to watch. Apart from a few mechanical issues the Newcastle riders were spot on. Yes we need points from number 1 - we haven’t had that so far including tonight (on what should have been a strong guest), stick fire power on that team and it’s a totally different story. No wholesale change needed at all maybe a slight tweak and we’ll be tough to beat at home.

Who are you trying to kid??

3 hours ago, enotian said:

and replace them with whom? there just aren't enough riders available and that was obvious at the point the 2022 teams building rules were put in place.

Birmingham have done well but you wonder how much they're shelling out on Ellis and Vissing. Just to put 7 riders out.

You wouldn’t believe what Bwd wanted .no idea what he ended up agreeing on,but he ain’t worth it .George at least he has the argument that he’s never seen uk tracks, he’s not a million miles off learning the track.good to see cleggy(who rode superbly) out on track after helping George.  bomber at no1 was rubbish.wait to see how he scores against us …come on Newcastle make the changes needed to keep the supporters coming back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KEITH M said:

Cheers Uncle Albert:t:

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Arson fire said:

Who are you trying to kid??

TBF, although disappointed at the result a wasn't disappointed at the meeting. Was a couple of decent races and, a think the Newcastle riders put in a good deal of effort, Matty didn't seem quite as sharp as normal, Complin lost a few points to bike/riding issues, but James did really well. If there wasn't any machinery issues or we had a half decent performance from no.1, we could have won.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

TBF, although disappointed at the result a wasn't disappointed at the meeting. Was a couple of decent races and, a think the Newcastle riders put in a good deal of effort, Matty didn't seem quite as sharp as normal, Complin lost a few points to bike/riding issues, but James did really well. If there wasn't any machinery issues or we had a half decent performance from no.1, we could have won.

Aye apologies to the poster, i read the post wrong as in if our #1 had been riding.:oops:

11 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

As pointed out, nobody is criticising any of the lads (even George, you can see he's giving it his all, he's just not ready yet) it's just the construction that is not good enough and ultimately that is down to not enough riders being available for the current rules in place... And no out of the box thinking, like Plymouth did last season...

Big factor is that Rob signed up his second strings before finding his heat leaders. If the big hitting number 1s aren't available then look at a more strength in depth side. Didnt even have to be budget breakers, Paco and Proctor for example would have meant Wright at reserve. The engine room is sound but over reliant on a few over achieving every week.

15 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

If you replaced congreve with Ben morley it would definitely strengthen you up at home.  Without breaking the bank. 

Great, but Morley's National League track race on Sundays.

19 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

If you replaced congreve with Ben morley it would definitely strengthen you up at home.  Without breaking the bank. 

2 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Great, but Morley's National League track race on Sundays.

Has Morley improved much in the 10 years or so that a know he's been around?