British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Edinburgh SGB Championship KO Cup 1st Rnd 1st Leg Sun 17 Apr 5.30pm

Newcastle keep doing worse than I expect, which is hard when you don't rate them at all!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Haha 3

Why not just put Congreve at 6 and complin at 7 instead of switching them every single race.  

Anyway good result I think, hard to tell as Newcastle are terrible.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

Joke and an embarrassment... Glad I couldn't make it this week, and I think I'll not bother next week now either, not until our entertainment is taken seriously... And that is not just a dig at Granty, but a dig at the monkeys who run the sport as a whole... Been going to Newcastle since a was a little kid, but not anymore, not until the sport is taken seriously for ALL clubs again, joke. Sorry but goodbye for now Newcastle, best of luck. Money is too tight for me now to be 'wasting' it on the garbage we call speedway these days. Thank you so much to all the riders who have entertained me over the years, and that includes this years six brave men, who have been thrown into the deep end without any leaders... Hope to be back soon, once everything is sorted once and for all (by either Rob or the leaders of the sport, I won't hold my breath), but I fear for the club and I fear for the whole sport eventually...

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Diamonds85 said:

Joke and an embarrassment... Glad I couldn't make it this week, and I think I'll not bother next week now either, not until our entertainment is taken seriously... And that is not just a dig at Granty, but a dig at the monkeys who run the sport as a whole... Been going to Newcastle since a was a little kid, but not anymore, not until the sport is taken seriously for ALL clubs again, joke. Sorry but goodbye for now Newcastle, best of luck. Money is too tight for me now to be 'wasting' it on the garbage we call speedway these days. Thank you so much to all the riders who have entertained me over the years, and that includes this years six brave men, who have been thrown into the deep end without any leaders... Hope to be back soon, once everything is sorted once and for all, but I fear for the club and I feel for the whole sport eventually...

Clegg, Wright and Starke looked to have really scored well tonight it's the other four that let the team down.

3 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Clegg, Wright and Starke looked to have really scored well tonight it's the other four that let the team down.

Matty has never let the team down, with his consistent and brilliant rides over the years... He's allowed the odd 'off' night, but in this team that can't happen... I would keep them 4 and potentially Lee but the other 2 need to go... 3 rides and 0 points of George again... May as well put Owen Booth or Jack Shimelt in... One of our junior riders... Would score the same... And we wouldn't be paying through the teeth for them... (Obviously this isn't a serious suggestion... Before people freak out)

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Joke and an embarrassment... Glad I couldn't make it this week, and I think I'll not bother next week now either, not until our entertainment is taken seriously... And that is not just a dig at Granty, but a dig at the monkeys who run the sport as a whole... Been going to Newcastle since a was a little kid, but not anymore, not until the sport is taken seriously for ALL clubs again, joke. Sorry but goodbye for now Newcastle, best of luck. Money is too tight for me now to be 'wasting' it on the garbage we call speedway these days. Thank you so much to all the riders who have entertained me over the years, and that includes this years six brave men, who have been thrown into the deep end without any leaders... Hope to be back soon, once everything is sorted once and for all (by either Rob or the leaders of the sport, I won't hold my breath), but I fear for the club and I fear for the whole sport eventually...

No quite sure what the leaders of the sport have to do with your promotion putting a shocking team together.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Joke and an embarrassment... Glad I couldn't make it this week, and I think I'll not bother next week now either, not until our entertainment is taken seriously... And that is not just a dig at Granty, but a dig at the monkeys who run the sport as a whole... Been going to Newcastle since a was a little kid, but not anymore, not until the sport is taken seriously for ALL clubs again, joke. Sorry but goodbye for now Newcastle, best of luck. Money is too tight for me now to be 'wasting' it on the garbage we call speedway these days. Thank you so much to all the riders who have entertained me over the years, and that includes this years six brave men, who have been thrown into the deep end without any leaders... Hope to be back soon anything is sorted once and for all, but I fear for the club and I feel for the whole sport eventually...

We might win the 2nd leg and still be in the cup!!!

Shocking display from Harris.  Scores way more in the PL against better opposition.  Taking the P and taking his fee. Still more than BWD was contributing.

Cracking effort from Wright, Clegg and Starke but if the reserves as this bad at home what chance have the Diamonds got. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Someone should have told Chris Harris that guest appearances don't count towards your average. 

He obviously didn't want to get accused of helping Newcastle to win the cup...

:D

Edited by mikebv

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

No quite sure what the leaders of the sport have to do with your promotion putting a shocking team together.

Because I'm not just looking at the Newcastle Diamonds 2022 team, I am looking at the sport as a whole... It has been on the decline for over a decade now imo... And that's all down to how it is being run... Everyone knows it, but nothing happens...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, enotian said:

We might win the 2nd leg and still be in the cup!!!

Shocking display from Harris.  Scores way more in the PL against better opposition.  Taking the P and taking his fee. Still more than BWD was contributing.

Cracking effort from Wright, Clegg and Starke but if the reserves as this bad at home what chance have the Diamonds got. 

Comedian :rofl: Unless you know something we all don't know? Zmarzlik and Magic maybe??

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

setting a points limit in excess of the total combined average of riders available.  Meaning there are teams starting the season under the points limit.  Not just the Diamonds.

Although admittedly the Diamonds promoters have displayed a total lack of talent in this area.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, enotian said:

setting a points limit in excess of the total combined average of riders available.  Meaning there are teams starting the season under the points limit.  Not just the Diamonds.

Although admittedly the Diamonds promoters have displayed a total lack of talent in this area.

they obviously had to operate within a strict budget but the 2nd div is far too strong for the crowds it attracts

• Like 5

Clearly the points limit needs reducing, to reduce the 'standard' of riders in this league, but pushing the goal post of rider standard together to allow the standard of the RACING to improve, I would watch 2 newbies racing eachother, as long as it was entertaining and close, passes, who remembers those? It will also allow enough riders for each team to build to the limit... Also, the race format desperately needs looking at. The 6s and 7s should not be racing against the 1s and 5s. The reserves challenging races should be against the other teams second strings at most... George Congreve vs Sam Masters is an insult to the public imo... I can't be the only one to think this, surely?

But these changes are all down to the powers of the sport... Who apparently have nothing to do with the embarrassing state of the sport these days

Edited by Diamonds85