British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Oxford v Poole 20/4/22

With the first meeting going quite smoothly, according to reports, it’s time for the big boys to show up at Cowley. Pirates are a little stronger that Scunthorpe and this meeting should be a cracker. Oxford riders will now have a practice session and a meeting under their belt, so a little home advantage. I doubt any Poole rider has ridden at Oxford? So it will take a ride or two to feel their way around and get the setup right. Think it will be a close one, 4 points either way.

It was reported that many of the 2000 tickets available have already been sold so Poole fans, get your ticket now as turning up on the day might see you being turned away. A look at the ticket site already shows tickets inside the stadium have sold out and only outside terrace tickets are left.

https://oxfordspeedway.club/tickets/

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

With the first meeting going quite smoothly, according to reports, it’s time for the big boys to show up at Cowley. Pirates are a little stronger that Scunthorpe and this meeting should be a cracker. Oxford riders will now have a practice session and a meeting under their belt, so a little home advantage. I doubt any Poole rider has ridden at Oxford? So it will take a ride or two to feel their way around and get the setup right. Think it will be a close one, 4 points either way.

It was reported that many of the 2000 tickets available have already been sold so Poole fans, get your ticket now as turning up on the day might see you being turned away. A look at the ticket site already shows tickets inside the stadium have sold out and only outside terrace tickets are left.

https://oxfordspeedway.club/tickets/

I think Danny King said he has when him and Steve did the interview on BSN and they were asked about whether they had ridden at Oxford previously.

They must have both been starting out in the sport in their late teens/early 20s. Not likely to be of much use to them. But it’s the same for all teams this year. The shape isn’t too dissimilar to Wimborne Road, a little smaller perhaps.  

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Good job it’s being streamed by BSN.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turnip said:

I'll be at this one purchased me terrace admission ticket. Pirates to win judging by Cheetahs only just seeing Scorpions off.

How much was getting used to the track, rider rustiness I don't know & yes Pirates will all be new to the track cos even if the likes of King av been there before the shape as been changed.

Still, Pirates win by 48-42 me thinks:t:

More confident than I but reckon it’s going to be very close. Fantastic it’s sold out again so quickly. I really hope the Oxford promotion all the success possible. Except when they are riding against us! 

Fans of both clubs knew it would sell out so if they hadn’t got their tickets, tough luck.  Will we see ticket touts outside Cowley next week? There’s a thought!

• Like 1

Josh Macdonald broke the bottom of his Tibia in his HT2 crash last night. 

Nathan Stoneman riding in his place

3 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Bloody hell. Makes them far stronger. Best wishes to Josh for a speedy recovery. That’s it. Oxford to win now..

In truth I have no idea whether it strengthen or weakens Oxford. ;)

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

He was a hero to ride on, and effectively win the match in Heat 14, if he has a broken leg!

• Like 1

Looking forward to watching this on BSN.

41 minutes ago, Turnip said:

After watching the Pirates at Lions and upcoming goin to watch Pirates at Cheetahs it's gerrin more like the Jungle Book......

The Pirates I wanna be like u u u, talk like u walk like u....

:D

#pitstepride

Turnip, are you having some sort of breakdown?  Chill son chill!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Me too!!!

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Me too!!!

Me three!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Me three!!

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Me too!!!

me four

• Like 1