British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Oxford v Poole 20/4/22

3 hours ago, Turnip said:

Matt Ford, Danny Ford but who is Ox Ford? :D

You need to stop sniffing the beer mats

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

One I am really looking forward to. Think it will be fairly close. Pirates haven’t ridden there.  Ant count Worrall and Kings as young lads. Means nothing. Need a race or two to work out the lines. Expect Oxford to take a lead but after the halfway stage Pirates to come on strong and do the business. Will be disappointed if we don’t pick up the win but nothing is guaranteed. Batchelor and Nichols in 13 and 15 are a serious threat to be dealt with.

Did a Google earth on the unipart car park and it’s only a 5 min walk. Think it’s safer to walk to the stadium than be on the covid express.  

Nice to read that Unipart are offering parking as they did way back when the "Cheetahs" last ran. If I recall Chris Brown organised the initiative originally?

Looking forward to this, haven't seen a league match since we (Swindon) put our licence ''on hold', I have been to Poland, the British Final (Adam's win) & GB's SON Gold since so not entirely without a speedway fix'.

I'm not interested who wins but am looking forward to the racing which by the looks of it was decent last week.

• Like 2

Coming up from Poole for this one, I have my Unipart parking ticket, is the car park easy to find, is it signposted? the directions supplied are a bit vague!

1 hour ago, Pirate Rich said:

Coming up from Poole for this one, I have my Unipart parking ticket, is the car park easy to find, is it signposted? the directions supplied are a bit vague!

It is signposted so quite easy to find.

• Thanks 1

Oxford now using r/r for Cameron Heeps due to illness.

45 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Ah that's a shame Cam needs track time. Hope he feels better soon!!

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Who can take his rides?

8 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Jack T and the reserves?

And Kyle if averages on official signings thread is right and Scott rider above. 

Ha! What a surprise. Heeps was a heep of carp at Poole and if Scott and Jack Thomas can take a ride it boosts their chances of more points. Still, think Pirates can do this.

Forecast is good. Bring it on!

2 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Who can take his rides?

1 above is Newman, below are Thomas & reserves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They have changed the riding order. R/r at 2 and Thomas and Newman at 3 and 4.