British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Oxford v Poole 20/4/22

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Poole have a CL rider at reserve and r/r for Oxford 's missing rider scored paid 9.

Oxford had a CL rider at reserve. 

Scott Nicholls had an off night,it happens to everyone at some point.  If he had scored as expected it could've been a draw or even an Oxford victory.

22 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

He has gone from "Pirateship" to "Oink" & now "Turnip". He, also, thinks he is a comedian. :sad: :icon_smile_clown: 

Well that's a Turnip for the books! :rofl:

Last night I went to bed with a potato, she couldn't get her jacket off quick enuff!

:rofl:

Edited by Turnip

6 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Well that's a Turnip for the books! :rofl:

Last night I went to bed with a potato, she couldn't get her jacket off quick enuff!

:rofl:

a chip off the old block!!

nicholls and lawson both had a of night last evening .for premiership teams just shows you how much stronger the premiership is :t:

23 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

He has gone from "Pirateship" to "Oink" & now "Turnip". He, also, thinks he is a comedian. :sad: :icon_smile_clown: 

Why should all male Scorpions go to the vd the clinic?

Coz they av a sting in the tail! :rofl:

51 minutes ago, ray c said:

nicholls and lawson both had a of night last evening .for premiership teams just shows you how much stronger the premiership is :t:

Does it? Then explain Chris Harris getting 5 in the champ and 11 in prem. You know since it's so much stronger :blink:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Poole have a CL rider at reserve and r/r for Oxford 's missing rider scored paid 9.

But Poole were built using a CL rider at reserve Oxford were not.

Still it was there choice not to get a guest so you can’t really moan about it.

• Like 1

I personally am just happy to have a local team and have enjoyed both the meetings so far win or lose as have new people I have brought with me that have never seen speedway before

I think we all knew we would be up against it this year as did we also know that Poole would be a tough ask home and away so for me that home result was not only a big learning curve for some but also the track staff (yes I agree it was extremely dusty), so all in all even with a loss I was happy with the result

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

Oxford had a CL rider at reserve. 

Scott Nicholls had an off night,it happens to everyone at some point.  If he had scored as expected it could've been a draw or even an Oxford victory.

Looking at the CL Green Sheets, there are very few guest options for McDonald's 4.00 average - maybe they couldn't find anyone available or willing to ride?

6 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

That one rider is Cam Heeps getting back to his old form

Can anyone remember what his old form was?  Ipswich seem to be the only team that want him back again, and even die-hard Witches fans are beginning to ask why.

7 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Can anyone remember what his old form was?  Ipswich seem to be the only team that want him back again, and even die-hard Witches fans are beginning to ask why.

He was 7+ man during his Edinburgh stint in sure

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Nicholls only scored 5 in the Championship!

Conference league next for him! :rofl:

1 minute ago, Turnip said:

Nicholls only scored 5 in the Championship!

Conference league next for him! :rofl:

I know you are joking. But don't write off Scotty just yet. Once he's got his shirts sorted for the GP punditry, he get his mind back on racing for a living.

41 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Looking at the CL Green Sheets, there are very few guest options for McDonald's 4.00 average - maybe they couldn't find anyone available or willing to ride?

TBH, I'd rather we did what we did, and use a rider from our own junior team.

Only way riders will progress unless they are a super talent is to get track time against riders of a higher standard. 

Better to train our own riders than someone else's 

Maybe a lesson for the British Authorities as our leagues trained up plenty of Foreign talent instead of using British riders who ended up drifting away from the sport. Luckily there now seems to be a good crop of younger riders coming through who will kick on 

• Like 2

Turnip's favourite comedian is ......Jasper Carrot! :rofl: