British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Oxford v Poole 20/4/22

17 minutes ago, False dawn said:

I know you are joking. But don't write off Scotty just yet. Once he's got his shirts sorted for the GP punditry, he get his mind back on racing for a living.

He was performing well when he was with Sophie, things av dropped off since then! :rofl:

Edited by Turnip

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Can anyone remember what his old form was?  Ipswich seem to be the only team that want him back again, and even die-hard Witches fans are beginning to ask why.

Mr Heeps is wasting his talent that he certainly has or had, but it's about him being more professional and taking speedway seriously, when he came into the 2019 season with the Witches he was as fit as a fiddle coz had been training with Scotty and a few others close and pre season, sadly since then he's piled the weight on every close/pre season and come back looking unfit and overweight, Heeps and Danny King are probably the same height give or take an inch or 2 but Heeps probably tips the scales a stone or 2 heavier, you carry more weight you have less speed in general.

5 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Oxford had a CL rider at reserve. 

Scott Nicholls had an off night,it happens to everyone at some point.  If he had scored as expected it could've been a draw or even an Oxford victory.

And if Drew Kemp hadn't fallen off, was potentially on a 5-1 in his second ride.

Could be here all night with all the ifs and buts on both sides! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Does it? Then explain Chris Harris getting 5 in the champ and 11 in prem. You know since it's so much stronger :blink:

You'll have to forgive Ray as he seems to prefer the Prem to the Champ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

And if Drew Kemp hadn't fallen off, was potentially on a 5-1 in his second ride.

Could be here all night with all the ifs and buts on both sides! 

Totally agree re the if's and but's. Which is why I mentioned Scott Nicholls having a bad day at the office. But Foreverblue was more or less gloating that Poole has a Conference Leagie rider at reserve while completely forgetting Oxford also did. 

Maybe the dust obscured his/her vision through their blue tinted spectacles.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Totally agree re the if's and but's. Which is why I mentioned Scott Nicholls having a bad day at the office. But Foreverblue was more or less gloating that Poole has a Conference Leagie rider at reserve while completely forgetting Oxford also did. 

Maybe the dust obscured his/her vision through their blue tinted spectacles.

I wasn't at Oxford, I couldn't make it. I mentioned Poole had a CL rider at reserve too in response to someone that said Oxford were us a CL rider as a guest. 

Edited by foreverblue

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I wasn't at Oxford, I couldn't make it. I mentioned Poole had a CL rider at reserve too in response to someone that said Oxford were us a CL rider as a guest. 

Apologies as i obviously never went back far enough to track the whole story

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Surely he is a Champ rider now since we signed him? Sounds a bit harsh to just call him a CL rider. Chelsea fan too I think ;)

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2022 at 11:15 PM, Technik said:

As I understand it there was some dispute over stonemans rides & with all the changes & rechanges with the reserves I can see that some confusion could happen. But he did take his 3 rides as required so eventually it got sorted & apologies were made over the tannoy.

But all in all a good event some close racing I'm sure the track will bed in & the dust will go away. well done to Poole I had a slightly bigger margin I think Ruml & Newman's scores were a step in the right direction If Heeps can make the same improvement I believe the Cheetahs can do well this season

There shouldn't have been any confusion, it's the referees job to know who is in each heat!

On 3/18/2023 at 9:52 PM, szkocjasid said:

There shouldn't have been any confusion, it's the referees job to know who is in each heat!

One would have thought so...I've been to meetings whereby the result has been changed after the event because the ref had got it wrong when the wrong rider had been declared.

15 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

One would have thought so...I've been to meetings whereby the result has been changed after the event because the ref had got it wrong when the wrong rider had been declared.

To be fair, most referees concentrate on the race before them, and treat the riders strictly as four helmet colours rather than who the riders are.   

On 3/18/2023 at 9:52 PM, szkocjasid said:

Yes, but if there has been a change and the Pits Marshal or Clerk of the Course hasn't informed him, he can only go by who is programmed.  Most referees would spot any uninformed changes pretty quickly, though.

• Like 1