Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Al Stewart

Monarchs v Bandits, Friday 15th April

34 minutes ago, Shadders said:

10 years of living down south has turned you soft

Can’t disagree with that sadly! :sad:

First time I can recall the monarchs in team suits. Pains me to say it but look pretty smart. Still odd seeing the sarj in one though

22 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

First time I can recall the monarchs in team suits. Pains me to say it but look pretty smart. Still odd seeing the sarj in one though

With a proper sized logo.:t::cheers:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Edinburgh's top 2 will do enough to win it for Edinburgh, Berwick getting a point.

If Wells and Harris have decent meetingI fancy a Berwick win.

Considering Bickley only rode at armadale last week he looks so tentative getting around, and Proctor looks very poor.

• Like 1

Also don't understand why Berwick tm didn't swap Etheridge for Bickley in heat 4 and then swap them around in 6 then by heat 8 Bickley would've had his 3 rides and Etheridge could've taken his other. 

Very poor from Berwick this evening. Proctor atrocious and already at this early stage makes you wonder why he was signed, with the points available he looks a shocking signing. Sam, Josh and Lasse on debut excellent for the Monarchs. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Should have been made compulsory years ago. 

31 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Also don't understand why Berwick tm didn't swap Etheridge for Bickley in heat 4 and then swap them around in 6 then by heat 8 Bickley would've had his 3 rides and Etheridge could've taken his other. 

Etheridge not much better.

Congrats to Monarchs good result considering new Team.Berwick disappoint again,thought they had a chance..tonight

Edited by Fromafar

On 4/14/2022 at 2:51 PM, szkocjasid said:

Tough one to call, looks the weakest Monarchs team I can remember for a while, but Berwick don't go well at Armadale normally!

On 4/14/2022 at 4:22 PM, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Berwick don’t go well at Armadale normally is such an out of date and ill informed statement. Theo Pijper and Ricky Wells have both won titles for the monarchs, Wells scored 14 last season in the play offs, Chris Harris scored paid double figures both times last season for Birmingham, Jye Etheridge got paid for double figures from number 1 at Armadale last season, he’s going to be at reserve on Friday, Leon scored paid 14 guesting for Plymouth last season, Proctor normally only scores a couple, as does Bickley, but Kyle got to ride the track last week so should have a bit of an advantage. We should be looking to win on Friday, and it will be a failure if we don’t pick up a point minimum imo.

So is my comment of "Berwick don't go well at Armadale normally" really such an out of date and ill informed statement lol

Having watched that Lasse looks a good prospect for Edinburgh,Theo and Ricky did well for the Bandits, Edinburgh strong in heats 13  and 15,bad night for Bandits,roll on tomorrow night.

On 4/14/2022 at 5:52 PM, Bandits4eva said:

Would make the long journey and no doubt freezing night all worth it! Others are right though, barring a complete disaster we need to be aiming for a point at the very least! 

Unlucky Sabrina,  Monarchs heat leaders held their own which reduced the pressure on the rest of the team. Nice start  by Paco and Sarge and a heat win for Lasse.

Nice to see Theo doing well for el Bantidos after his prang last week.

Great night and win with all the new lads showing promise. Sam and Josh are absolutely class - Josh’s pass in ht15 was tremendous. Paco is going to be a character - get the feeling he will delight and frustrate in equal measure! Great heat win for Lasse and despite Jacob only scoring one I thought he didn’t look off the pace and I’m sure will get dialled in.  

I smelt a rat in ht8 when Proctor went through the tapes and allowed Etheridge in but Proctor then appeared for his final programmed ride so maybe I shouldn’t be so suspicious!