British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Al Stewart

Monarchs v Bandits, Friday 15th April

2 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Great night and win with all the new lads showing promise. Sam and Josh are absolutely class - Josh’s pass in ht15 was tremendous. Paco is going to be a character - get the feeling he will delight and frustrate in equal measure! Great heat win for Lasse and despite Jacob only scoring one I thought he didn’t look off the pace and I’m sure will get dialled in.  

I smelt a rat in ht8 when Proctor went through the tapes and allowed Etheridge in but Proctor then appeared for his final programmed ride so maybe I shouldn’t be so suspicious! 

Think  he would have had to take last ride as if not mistaken tapes exclusion don't count in compulsory 3 rides 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Spittaler said:

Think  he would have had to take last ride as if not mistaken tapes exclusion don't count in compulsory 3 rides 

Ah I stand corrected. I suppose if that wasn’t the case then teams would be taking advantage right, left and centre. 

10 hours ago, Jaizer said:

First time I can recall the monarchs in team suits. Pains me to say it but look pretty smart. Still odd seeing the sarj in one though

Not there tonight due to other commitments but a good win in the new race suits. They are very nice. More yellow than gold though. kings Lynn had a cracking suit a few years ago in blue and gold.

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

Great night and win with all the new lads showing promise. Sam and Josh are absolutely class - Josh’s pass in ht15 was tremendous. Paco is going to be a character - get the feeling he will delight and frustrate in equal measure! Great heat win for Lasse and despite Jacob only scoring one I thought he didn’t look off the pace and I’m sure will get dialled in.  

I smelt a rat in ht8 when Proctor went through the tapes and allowed Etheridge in but Proctor then appeared for his final programmed ride so maybe I shouldn’t be so suspicious! 

A tape touch doesn't count as a ride so he had be in heat 11, I couldn't understand why Etheridge wasn't in heat 8 to start with for either Proctor or Bickley. 

Edited by spt82

2 minutes ago, spt82 said:

A tape touch doesn't count as a ride so he had be in heat 11, I couldn't understand why Etheridge wasn't in heat 8 to start with for either Etheridge or Bickley. 

Yes I did think that would be the decision before they came to tapes. Swapping reserves in ht8 and 9 seemed an obvious change to make. 

7 minutes ago, spt82 said:

A tape touch doesn't count as a ride so he had be in heat 11, I couldn't understand why Etheridge wasn't in heat 8 to start with for either Etheridge or Bickley. 

Think you mean Proctor.

28 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Not there tonight due to other commitments but a good win in the new race suits. They are very nice. More yellow than gold though. kings Lynn had a cracking suit a few years ago in blue and gold.

The Norwegian certainly looked decent at the gp qualifier seems the best of new guys, wasn't expecting castagna score so well. 

Harris letting a team down at armadale... Where have I seen this movie before :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

The Norwegian certainly looked decent at the gp qualifier seems the best of new guys, wasn't expecting castagna score so well. 

Harris letting a team down at armadale... Where have I seen this movie before :rolleyes:

I agree Lasse looked decent in the GP qualifier,Paco has been Ok at Armadale in the past shrewd signing.IMO

• Like 1

Hmm, was not expecting this score line when reading the thread earlier!! Edinburgh better than expected or Berwick under performed? 

Good nights racing josh move in heat 15 was ridiculous wall of death round the bandits was spectacular. 

Was very impressed by lassie good out the gate and looked smooth. Paco after his first ride hiccup was also good. Need to get young Jacob out the starts as the speed is there as he was reeling whoever was in front of him each time but giving too much away out the starts. 

all in all a pleasant surprise tonight but we’ll see what tomorrow brings.

16 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Good nights racing josh move in heat 15 was ridiculous wall of death round the bandits was spectacular. 

Was very impressed by lassie good out the gate and looked smooth. Paco after his first ride hiccup was also good. Need to get young Jacob out the starts as the speed is there as he was reeling whoever was in front of him each time but giving too much away out the starts. 

all in all a pleasant surprise tonight but we’ll see what tomorrow brings.

I’m right in saying Paco ran last in his first heat? Both the official website and speedway updates have him down as a second place.

8 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

I’m right in saying Paco ran last in his first heat? Both the official website and speedway updates have him down as a second place.

You are right, BSPL website has got the correct scorers.

A major shock (RIP Nigel Pearson) was followed by a pleasant surprise, as Monarchs took all the Championship points on offer.

The top two were virtually untouchable which, in Josh Pickering's case, is probably just as well, otherwise there could've been carnage. That heat 15 move took me back to when Lee Complin flew round Fredrik Lindgren in the final of the Garry Stead Grand Prix. Unbelievable, but brilliant at the same time.

Young Fredriksson became the first Lasse to score a point for the Monarchs. A very promising debut there, including a race win. He even pushed Ricky Wells all the way in heat 6, but there was Norway through on that occasion.

As for young Michele, he looks to be creating an interesting inside line for himself. Once that's perfected, we'll need to rename him Carr-stagna.

For the disappointing Bandits, the type two diabetic spent most of the evening chasing shadows, Proctor showed his inclusion was a Gamble, Pijper bagged a decent score, the Kiwi looked ok, but was nowhere to be seen in 13 and 15, and Dame Edna wasn't as strong at reserve as I'd been expecting.

Roll on Friday. Here's to another 50 points...

A couple of points re the programme ('match magazine'?)...

The front cover didn’t mention what type of fixture it was. Neither did the centre pages. Was last night actually a Challenge match?

Also, as enjoyable as the puzzles were on page 32, the fact the answers were shown on page 24 meant they probably weren't as challenging as they otherwise might've been ;)

Other than that, top marks. Keep up the hard work!