British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Panthers v Stars 18/04/22 5pm

19 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Clearly a track walk is different to actually riding it.

Whether the afternoon start and sun made a difference to normal conditions or the track man prepared it that way is open to conjecture but it was totally different to the Ipswich home meeting.

Lynn deserved to win as I said earlier.

I have known Horley for years and to my knowledge she has never been on the ball, on the retired list would be better.

I think it must have done, there was a reasonable breeze as well as the sunshine and the water that went down had almost disappeared by the time the next heat took place. I'm not sure daytime meetings are ever the best idea, speedway ought to be an evening sport really to keep moisture in. Either that or use the slurry spreader which comes out on 4TT day :D

Edited by Bagpuss

12 minutes ago, iainb said:

I'm pretty sure I saw him wearing an ear piece and a mic and was clearly communicating with somebody

Yeah they have to be in communication when giving riders warnings for moving etc. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think it must have done, there was a reasonable breeze as well as the sunshine and the water that went down had almost disappeared by the time the next heat took place. I'm not sure daytime meetings are ever the best idea, speedway ought to be an evening sport really to keep moisture in. Either that or use the slurry spreader which comes out on 4TT day :D

Maybe the fact Rob Lyon wasn't there to over see the preparation had an added factor to the track 

Edited by scoobydoo

31 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Maybe the fact Rob Lyon wasn't there to over see the preparation had an added factor to the track 

I am convinced this result was not contrived to give more meaning to the return on Thursday

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mike.Butler said:

The (very) slow entrance for those cars entering the car park through the gate near the track was baffling to us watching from the outside car park. If this contributed to the delayed start then  they need more than 1 person on the gate.  Plus they need the attendants further back towards the entrance to get cars into two separate lines. Basically i'm sure that with all that space at the showground entering the complex could have been much better managed. 

As for the track...very slick producing very close races but little actual overtaking.  I personally enjoyed having 16 races for the rice of 15! .. and I'm so used to delays I hardly noticed them!

Baffling/utterly ridiculous entering the Car Park even for those like me that got there early to “avoid the crowds” .   As this was my first attendance this season from my position at the back of what was quite a long two lane queue at 3.10 I could not understand what the hold up was - NEVER seen this problem in many years of supporting Panthers.   On driving through the gateway turning left towards the Car Park the two lanes were combining into one due to Cars parked at that gate entrance (car park attendants cars no doubt)  which then continued like that to the start of the parking area where I realised most were queueing to enter the internal sanctum of the SHOWGROUND (season ticket holders I assume) which left the rest of us wishing to park and make our way to the turnstiles unable to do so!   What an utter cock up - sort it out Panthers or every meeting this season will need to start late to accommodate fans trying their best to enter on time!   

57 minutes ago, maneacat said:

Baffling/utterly ridiculous entering the Car Park even for those like me that got there early to “avoid the crowds” .   As this was my first attendance this season from my position at the back of what was quite a long two lane queue at 3.10 I could not understand what the hold up was - NEVER seen this problem in many years of supporting Panthers.   On driving through the gateway turning left towards the Car Park the two lanes were combining into one due to Cars parked at that gate entrance (car park attendants cars no doubt)  which then continued like that to the start of the parking area where I realised most were queueing to enter the internal sanctum of the SHOWGROUND (season ticket holders I assume) which left the rest of us wishing to park and make our way to the turnstiles unable to do so!   What an utter cock up - sort it out Panthers or every meeting this season will need to start late to accommodate fans trying their best to enter on time!   

I have already e mailed Dale Allitt  re this as the lack of direction resulted in people having to queue when they did not need to. No reply as yet.  As wife a BB holder we now are able to park inside, this is not without its problems due to the new gates now being used. One of the problems on Monday were those who felt they did not have to queue steaming up the outside then trying to force their way into BB and VIP queue thus causing even further delays for those trying to get to normal parking area.  As I said earlier one particular chap seemed perfectly prepared to crash his car to achieve this. A number of people in camper vans tried the same ploy ,I originally thought they were riders  but now I wonder 

31 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

I have already e mailed Dale Allitt  re this as the lack of direction resulted in people having to queue when they did not need to. No reply as yet.  As wife a BB holder we now are able to park inside, this is not without its problems due to the new gates now being used. One of the problems on Monday were those who felt they did not have to queue steaming up the outside then trying to force their way into BB and VIP queue thus causing even further delays for those trying to get to normal parking area.  As I said earlier one particular chap seemed perfectly prepared to crash his car to achieve this. A number of people in camper vans tried the same ploy ,I originally thought they were riders  but now I wonder 

yes, in the 10 mins we were watching the chaos we saw a number of queue jumpers. .. Strikes me the season ticket  'perk' is actually a disadvantage!  

They should open the gates at the bottom of the car park and have two lanes signposted from the mini roundabout.  Those going into the stadium keep left and those that are parking in the car park keep right and drive on to enter the car park using the bottom gates.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Speedway28 said:

I class myself as an avid speedway fan but am slowly giving up on watching the sport live. Constant, unreasonable delays at meetings with no information delivered explaining why. The racing didn’t start until 5.25pm despite a scheduled 5pm start time. Fed up of having to wait around for unjustifiable reasons. The constant stream of delayed start times due to the crowd still entering the stadium is ridiculous. 

You don't see any other sport held up waiting for people, they know what time meeting starts and that's when it should start, open the damn gates sooner.

1 minute ago, Warriors said:

You don't see any other sport held up waiting for people, they know what time meeting starts and that's when it should start, open the damn gates sooner.

How does opening the damn gates sooner help?

23 hours ago, Speedway28 said:

I class myself as an avid speedway fan but am slowly giving up on watching the sport live. Constant, unreasonable delays at meetings with no information delivered explaining why. The racing didn’t start until 5.25pm despite a scheduled 5pm start time. Fed up of having to wait around for unjustifiable reasons. The constant stream of delayed start times due to the crowd still entering the stadium is ridiculous. 

Why the delay

9 hours ago, wealdstone said:

It is beyond comprehension that the track was prepared in a way that did not suit home riders or at the very least they did no know it was being prepared that way

I thought that was the reason why riders walk the track, 

1 hour ago, Warriors said:

I have known a champions league match to be held up for 45 minutes before.A crash on the motorway held thousands up so they delayed the KO

No reply as yet from Dale, in fairness he does not usually duck out of such things. If the queue jumpers were so called VIP's  I would suggest that "VERY IGNORANT PERSONS" would be a better appellation. All are equal at the gate but like "Animal Farm" some are more equal than others.