British Speedway Forum
screm

Nigel Pearson RIP

Sad news indeed. Although I was not that familiar with his TV work I do know that his energy and enthusiasm was immense. Will be sorely missed.

RIP

Really sad news, i was shocked when I heard last night. He loved Speedway. are thoughts are with his family. RIP

• Like 1

Like Jacques don’t come on the forum anymore , but this news is shocking really makes you think.Never to take things for granted and make the most of our precious time we have with our loved ones.Nigel was a real speedway nut but my main memory of him was his commentary on football with Talksport he was excellent at that .For me his main strength was his sheer enthusiasm for speedway GENIUNE he made speedway exciting like the great Dave Lanning but in a different way. RIP Nigel.

• Like 5

Impeccably observed minute's silence by the stunned crowd, riders and volunteers followed the sincere words at Poole Stadium last night.  R.I.P. Nigel Pearson.

• Like 1

Such sad news, will be mi8ssed by an awful lot of people.

Condolences to his family and friends at this vert sad time.

RIP Nigel.

Horrible, horrible news. We may have made light of his commentary in recent years but speedway will never have a bigger promoter. So sad had so much of his life ahead of him :(

• Like 4

What terrible news! Was a fantastic advocate for the sport. A sport that will miss him terribly.

Thoughts with family and friends. RIP.

• Like 2

Let's also spare a thought for Kelvin Tatum who must be absolutely devastated.

His commentating career, as it was with Nigel, is obviously now over.

Despite his involvement in many other sports, I am convinced that speedway was always Nige's strongest passion above all else. Does anyone agree?

• Like 2

Only just seen this news, can't believe it. Always enjoyed his commentary and partnership with Kelvin, GPs and Monday nights won't be the same without him. 

RIP Nigel

Very sad and shocking news, condolences to family, friends and colleagues.

Rest easy Nigel, your dedication to the sport will be missed

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Horribly sudden and unlike an illness or cancer, where the person has time to say goodbye to friends and loved ones, I was told this evening it was an aneurysm that took Nigel away. I lost a friend several years ago to an aneurysm and they are fine one day and gone the next. Truly awful and at this time my heart goes out for Nigel’s family. RIP. 

Similar to your experience Steve I lost a friend whilst playing badminton with him, just collapsed and that was that - he was 43.  All reinforces the adage to live your life today.   Nigel was part of the speedway furniture, such a sad loss.

A massive shock, very sad news RIP Nigel and condolences to the family,

RIP Mr Pearson.

Whilst obviously no consolation whatsoever, at least he was able to pass at a time when his beloved Team GB are World Champions.

(not entirely sure I worded that entirely correctly, but I know what I meant).

Condolences to family and friends.