British Speedway Forum
screm

Nigel Pearson RIP

21 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

Everyone loves him now, funny considering how he has been slagged on here for years...

Idiot no1 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24hrs on and I still can't get my head around the news, so surreal, someone I knew, larger than life and always had time for a chat whether that be on the phone or in person. We will all miss him and I can't imagine how his wife and kids must be feeling right now. Shock would be an understatement. 

RIP Nige, it was great to have known you pal 

• Like 1

Sad news indeed. He was the modern day Mr speedway. 
forgetting that though what comes across most is that  he was just a fabulous human being. I diddnt know him personally but you can tell by the amount of tributes what type of guys he was. Such a genuine bloke. 

RIP Nigel 

Edited by PhilTheAce
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Idiot no1 

The mock grief folks will be deleting posts left right and centre now.....

A great ambassador and total professional yet humble at the same time. We were very recently discussing catching up with him, in a couple of weeks, not realising, at the same time, he was being rushed to hospital. A tragic loss. Condolences to Kerrie and family. 

Edited by Mr Ore
  • Like 1

Some great tributes and kind words on this thread. 

There are real parallels in Nigel's passing and that of a successful cycling journalist I knew who also recently passed away far too early. 52 is certainly no age. But in that short time, he is someone who got his head above the parapet, crammed a lot into a short life, achieved a great deal and leaves behind a body of work to be proud of. That's something we can all draw inspiration from.

• Like 3

What shocking news ... the most important and the saddest thing if that a wife has lost her husband and 3 children have lost there dad . The pain and grief must be unbearable . 

• Like 5

Horrendous news, Nigel's passion for speedway shone through every time he appeared on the TV, radio or online.    The sheer volume of sadness from his broadcast colleagues on social media shows as well as speedway riders and dart pros just how well he was liked and respected.   I didn't know him as well as many on here, but we spoke lots of times when I did the clubcall line for Reading for him and we had plenty of banter over the years on twitter.    I know how much Nigel was loved by his close colleagues in the speedway media and have spoken to a couple of them over the past 24 hours, they are totally devastated.  What an awful loss to the commentary world but the loss of a Father, Husband and dear friends to his loved ones is where our thoughts must be at this very sad time.   

Sleep well Scoop, you were a legend, who won't be forgotten.  

• Like 1

I was truly shocked to hear this sad news. He will be sadly missed for his speedway commentating and I loved his enthusiasm and presentation.. My condolences to his family. RIP Nigel.

Really is a loss to speedway as I’ve heard him spreading the word of our great sport on the worlds biggest sports radio station talk Sport and various other places weather you took to the guy or not at 52 it’s no age a wife has lost a husband and children have lost there dad RIP Nigel I for one will miss your commentary and I’m sure the other half of your broadcasting partnership will be lost without you.

Feels like we have lost a mate. He was there on TV roaring on the Brits at every opportunity., Bomber at Cardiff i 2007 final . Woffy success in SGP , The SON last October. Just a few of them. RIP Nigel , condolences to the family. Kelvin must be in pieces.

• Like 1

Shocked and saddened by the news, life never seems to be fair. Not my favorite commentator, but he certainly did a lot for speedway. Monday nights will sadly never be the same again .  My thoughts are with his devastated family and colleagues and friends.

Rest in Peace Nigel