British Speedway Forum
screm

Nigel Pearson RIP

18 hours ago, falcace said:

Some great tributes and kind words on this thread. 

There are real parallels in Nigel's passing and that of a successful cycling journalist I knew who also recently passed away far too early. 52 is certainly no age. But in that short time, he is someone who got his head above the parapet, crammed a lot into a short life, achieved a great deal and leaves behind a body of work to be proud of. That's something we can all draw inspiration from.

You are correct the Passing of Richard Moore and Nigel are uncanny given what they both did for the profiles of their respective sports and their ages RIP to both 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Such, such sad news. I loved his enthusiasm and knowledge of the sport and he could make a boring race interesting.

Some commentators are synonymous with their sports, Murray Walker, Sid Waddell etc - we've sadly lost ours.

RIP Nige and thanks for the memories, you will never be forgotten.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have read the forwarded post from Natalie Quirk from Kelvin Tatum and it was devastating to read. 

I do hope after some time of grieving and healing Kelvin returns to the commentary booth to continue his work in memory of his mate Nigel Pearson. The fans would love some form of continuity but would fully respect any decision Kelvin makes.

• Like 3

On 4/15/2022 at 7:49 PM, Diamondboy said:

Everyone loves him now, funny considering how he has been slagged on here for years...

I have to say, I have seen very little of his commentary, as I don't have SKY, however, I have to say, I have noticed on this forum, that many members, over the year have criticsed Nigel's and Kelvin's commentary. Just speaking as I have found!  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I have read the forwarded post from Natalie Quirk from Kelvin Tatum and it was devastating to read. 

I do hope after some time of grieving and healing Kelvin returns to the commentary booth to continue his work in memory of his mate Nigel Pearson. The fans would love some form of continuity but would fully respect any decision Kelvin makes.

Can u post that on here ?

6 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Can u post that on here ?

FQdp7QdWYAQfMdd.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Crumpet91 said:

I fail to see how that has any bearing on showing Nigel and his poor family the respect he deserves after his tragic death. 

But the point is, many have berated 'Diamondboy' for his posting. However, death seems to bring out hypocracy.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

But the point is, many have berated 'Diamondboy' for his posting. However, death seems to bring out hypocracy.  

I think that the post is insensitive and says more about the people who feel its appropriate  to post something like that about one of the good guys of speedway and one of the speedway family . Shame on you !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ray Stadia said:

What the hell is hypocritical about not particularly liking his style of commentary whilst he was alive, and also being shocked, saddened and sending genuine condolences about the poor man’s death? 

So if at any time in the past, you’ve commented on here that you’re not a fan of his commentary, you shouldn’t then come on here and send your condolences for the man’s sudden passing because it’s “hypocritical”, or as Diamondboy was implying, some are shedding crocodile tears because obviously they don’t care the man is dead because they’ve been on here criticising his style of commentating in the past? 

What a pathetic and pretty crass point of view. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

What the hell is hypocritical about not particularly liking his style of commentary whilst he was alive, and also being shocked, saddened and sending genuine condolences about the poor man’s death? 

So if at any time in the past, you’ve commented on here that you’re not a fan of his commentary, you shouldn’t then come on here and send your condolences for the man’s sudden passing because it’s “hypocritical”, or as Diamondboy was implying, some are shedding crocodile tears because obviously they don’t care the man is dead because they’ve been on here criticising his style of commentating in the past? 

What a pathetic and pretty crass point of view. 

There are some postings which have said something like 'I didn't like his style of commentary, but I'm sorry to hear of his passing', which is fair enough. And by the way, I had only witnessed his commentary a handful of times with Kelvin and I loved it. I have, in the past, seen more than a handful of criticism for Nigel's and Kelvin's commentary on here.

• Like 1

tribute section on talkSport tonight from 9pm

Very sad and surprising news.  Nigel was passionate and enthusiastic, a true professional that will be missed by many. 

11 hours ago, Ray Stadia said:

I never like him as a broadcaster but  that does not mean its not tragic or i cant show respect for someone who put a lot of his life into speedway or for his family who have lost there Dad -Husband etc 

So nothing to do with hypocracy at all .

• Like 7
  • Haha 1