British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve roberts

Sending Refugees to Rwanda?

1 hour ago, bluebee said:

Simple question. What is the answer to the increasing number of   people\refugees\illegal immigrants illegally entering this country? Should all those who claim asylum have it automatically granted? As far as I can see that is the only way that the Channel crossing can be stopped without some deterrent action like shipping them off to Rwanda. s it unreasonable to ask for  an alternative solution from this scheme's critics?

Have a way they can enter the country legally, and then process their applications in a shorter length of time than they are processed at the moment

If their application for asylum fails, then you can send them to Rwanda if you feel there is a need for it

The present plan has no way for people to enter the UK legally and no way for them to gain asylum in the UK, because even if their application is successful they will be staying in Rwanda

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Spin it any way you want, 

Straight away we come back to your attempted insults.  I am not spinning anything . You claimed I had little understanding of the world beyond what I supposedly read in right wing rags. I said I don’t read them or any newspapers , apart from things relevant to links on this forum .That’s fact not spin . So we first have you lying apart what I supposedly read then making it worse by dressing it up as my spin. 

2 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Many of your so-called 'questions' could quite easily be answered with a bit of simple bit of research.

This a discussion forum.Many people read it . As I said it’s quite possible that people with more insight than you may have better information.  All kinds of questions are raised on here, and often some members have first hand experience.

2 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

How are refugees from the conflicts in Syria, Yemen, Ethiopia and Afghanistan also not genuine? 

According to you 71% of asylum seekers are genuine , which means 29% are not. You figures not mine . That one is on your head. What is more it was you that said they need to be discouraged. Smoking gun in hand , hole in foot again for Hump 

29 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Straight away we come back to your attempted insults.  I am not spinning anything . You claimed I had little understanding of the world beyond what I supposedly read in right wing rags. I said I don’t read them or any newspapers , apart from things relevant to links on this forum .That’s fact not spin . So we first have you lying apart what I supposedly read then making it worse by dressing it up as my spin. 

It's the usual deflection from you when your claims of having not said something are proven to be wrong (yet again). Now you're even accusing me of being a liar, although you can't even be specific about what I'm supposedly lying about. Well let's hear it, and I'll go and dig up yet another your old posts... LOL

8 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

According to you 71% of asylum seekers are genuine , which means 29% are not. You figures not mine . That one is on your head. What is more it was you that said they need to be discouraged. Smoking gun in hand , hole in foot again for Hump 

Nothing but more Addio spin. If 29% are not genuine then it also means that nearly 2.5 times more of them are genuine, which is a figure far higher than the 'pull the drawbridge' types would have us believe. 

It merely demonstrates why it's so important for asylum seekers to have ways of making a claim, and not be flown 4,000 miles (at great expense) to one of the poorest countries in the world with a poor human rights record. However you dress it up, it's simply abrogating the international responsibilities of the UK towards people who've all too frequently been displaced by the UK's own actions or those of its allies. 

That you even seek to defend the government on this particular matter says plenty about where you stand on such matters. 

25 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Now you're even accusing me of being a liar, although you can't even be specific about what I'm supposedly lying about. 

Really ? I haven’t told you twice already ? Go back and look at my replies to your accusations that my view of the world is limited by what I supposedly read in the right wing rags. You don’t know what I read.

16 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Nothing but more Addio spin. If 29% are not genuine then it also means that nearly 2.5 times more of them are genuine, which is a figure far higher than the 'pull the drawbridge' types would have us believe. 

How can it be spin if it’s your figures , not mine that 71% are genuine and therefore it follows that 29% are deemed by the authorities not to be . I repeat, your figures not mine. 

Ploppy is right. You really have lost it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

How can it be spin if it’s your figures , not mine that 71% are genuine and therefore it follows that 29% are deemed by the authorities not to be . I repeat, your figures not mine. 

Ploppy is right. You really have lost it.

You've been on the backfoot all over Easter over on the other thread, and now you are again. Give it up... :rolleyes:

Dashcam himself lost it when Brexit turned out to be a crock, and seems to have gone all grumpy of late... :D

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

3 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

I don't really care whether you think I'm left wing, centrist or right wing (I've been accused of all of them). 

Then you should understand that other people, least of all me couldn’t care less whether you think they are left wing right wing or any other wing but you still persist in trying to label others in that way. You are wasting your time because nobody cares about what are label of opinion because they simply detract from the main issue . I

I could go on but I am going to leave it partly because as has been said elsewhere it gets boring to most people reading it after a certain point, partly because it now has all your hall marks of dragging it out all the afternoon, partly because you have failed to deal at all with the main thrust of my post and partly because most forum members can read well enough to understand the points that have been made without going round around in circles.

If anyone else wants to raise serious discussion points airing from anything I’ve posted I will happily deal with it , and I will clarify anything that is not clear,  but I am not putting with this nonsense from you any longer.I doubt there is anything I have posted that is not clear to anyone of reasonable intellidence.

• Like 1

The first reports of this move that I heard said that it only applied to single men. That would have made some sort of sense. 

What is very noticeable since the start of the invasion of the Ukraine is that the refugees are nearly all women and children. Even to the extent that there have been many men leave the UK to get their families out of harms way but then stay to join the army. 

By contrast when you see those crossing and trying to cross the Channel the numbers are dominated by younger, single men. 

12 minutes ago, Vince said:

The first reports of this move that I heard said that it only applied to single men. That would have made some sort of sense. 

What is very noticeable since the start of the invasion of the Ukraine is that the refugees are nearly all women and children. Even to the extent that there have been many men leave the UK to get their families out of harms way but then stay to join the army. 

By contrast when you see those crossing and trying to cross the Channel the numbers are dominated by younger, single men. 

The Ukraine aren't letting men under 60 out of the country :rolleyes:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, iris123 said:

The Ukraine aren't letting men under 60 out of the country :rolleyes:

I suggest you carefully read his post again, and then stick your rolling eyes back in the stupid cupboard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Crumpet91 said:

I suggest you carefully read his post again, and then stick your rolling eyes back in the stupid cupboard.

What is very noticeable since the start of the invasion of the Ukraine is that the refugees are nearly all women and children

I explained the reason why it is 'very noticeable B)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I explained the reason why it is 'very noticeable B)

So those in Calais and coming to the UK on the back of trucks or in small boats aren't predominantly young males? 

• Like 1