British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve roberts

Sending Refugees to Rwanda?

4 hours ago, The Third Man said:

Have a way they can enter the country legally, and then process their applications in a shorter length of time than they are processed at the moment

If their application for asylum fails, then you can send them to Rwanda if you feel there is a need for it

The present plan has no way for people to enter the UK legally and no way for them to gain asylum in the UK, because even if their application is successful they will be staying in Rwanda 

What is this way? Do we allow them to fly in to the country then ask them not to disappear from view while we investigate their claims. It might take some time as they often have no valid documentation. Then we have the appeal process. How many people do you think would come through the airports if a system like this was implemented - certain many tens of thousands so no problem with making it a speedy process then.  Many of the people making the channel crossing know that their claims will fail - that's why they are taking that route

We have seen  the  problems that have arisen with mass intake of young men claiming refugee status in Germany and Sweden. The Danes certainly decided to take a hard line on refugee claimants after taking notice of what was happening in neighbouring countries.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Vince said:

So those in Calais and coming to the UK on the back of trucks or in small boats aren't predominantly young males? 

I just explained to you why it is noticeable that no young males are coming from the Ukraine. They aren't allowed out of the country ......

You'll be telling us how noticeable it is that few muslims are coming from the Ukraine next :blink:

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, bluebee said:

What is this way?

this is why we have a government, they are the people that could work this out, if they weren't making policy on the hoof to take the pressure off party gate

20 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

this is why we have a government, they are the people that could work this out, if they weren't making policy on the hoof to take the pressure off party gate

I have no particular liking for this government and feel partygate was very wrong but I don't expect any government to have a wand to raise a spell to magic the processing of tens of thousands from all over the world at our airports who might claim asylum. It is clear to me that any government which wants to control illegal immigration must do something about the pull factors in this issue. If you want to see what happens when a government fails to take strong measures look at the USA since Biden took over. There is no support for an open door policy even amongst immigrant groups in the US - they don't want to see country overwhelmed by an influx of migrants putting pressure on the country and their own prospects for advancement.

54 minutes ago, iris123 said:

You'll be telling us how noticeable it is that few muslims are coming from the Ukraine next :blink:

It'll make a change from you trying to teach your granny to suck eggs when she asked you what the time was! 

2 minutes ago, Vince said:

It'll make a change from you trying to teach your granny to suck eggs when she asked you what the time was! 

So do you want to explain the point of saying it is mostly women and children coming from the Ukraine, when men, especially young men can’t get out? Or did you just forget that ? 
You seem to be getting all moody just because I pointed out the obvious :rofl:

OK, the point was that those able/ wanting to flee from a genuine war zone are predominantly women and children. 

Those wanting a better life elsewhere and able to cope with cross Europe travel by illegal means are predominantly younger males. 

I thought it was clear enough but then again I don't read others posts with the sole aim of trying to pick a fight. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Vince said:

OK, the point was that those able/ wanting to flee from a genuine war zone are predominantly women and children. 

Those wanting a better life elsewhere and able to cope with cross Europe travel by illegal means are predominantly younger males. 

I thought it was clear enough but then again I don't read others posts with the sole aim of trying to pick a fight. 

Typical reply, when a truth is pointed out. 
You have no idea how many want to leave. I have heard of many who wanted to leave but can’t

The simple fact you failed to point out is the reason it is noticeable only women and children are leaving the Ukraine, is because they are the ones allowed to leave

It has nothing to do with picking fights. If you don’t like being corrected, then just say so and we know from now on

18 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Typical reply, when a truth is pointed out. 
You have no idea how many want to leave. I have heard of many who wanted to leave but can’t

The simple fact you failed to point out is the reason it is noticeable only women and children are leaving the Ukraine, is because they are the ones allowed to leave

It has nothing to do with picking fights. If you don’t like being corrected, then just say so and we know from now on

You pointed out a truth, it was irrelevant to the point I made.

Look at the photos with queues of refugees fleeing war zones going back 100 years and see how many show predominantly young men. 

So it is not the only reason young men are staying in the Ukraine. It wouldn't be very difficult to get out of that chaos if they really wanted to. 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Vince said:

You pointed out a truth, it was irrelevant to the point I made.

Look at the photos with queues of refugees fleeing war zones going back 100 years and see how many show predominantly young men. 

So it is not the only reason young men are staying in the Ukraine. It wouldn't be very difficult to get out of that chaos if they really wanted to. 

Have you seen the queues at the border ? It was in the news for days with women and children complaining they had to stay for hours and days in bitterly cold weather and the men were turned back!!!

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/02/26/europe/ukraine-russia-invasion-refugee-border-crossing-wait-kyiv-lviv-intl/index.html

It seemed like it was an important part of the point you were making, whilst forgetting to mention the reason

All I did was point out the reason . I am really sorry to upset you. I just wanted to point it out. How on earth though, just pointing something out can be called picking a fight, on a discussion forum is beyond me…..

Edited by iris123

You don't upset me, why you think you have is beyond me.

I was just pointing out you were wrong in your assumption of the point I made. 

6 hours ago, E I Addio said:

I doubt there is anything I have posted that is not clear to anyone of reasonable intellidence.

Love this stuff.

Sweet irony. More please :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vince said:

Pretty Lucky as you tend to lose all the time.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Vince said:

So those in Calais and coming to the UK on the back of trucks or in small boats aren't predominantly young males? 

They are not coming from the Ukraine but.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, falcace said:

Love this stuff.

Sweet irony. More please :D

Out the hundreds of forum members, it’s always the same three or four that claim to have insufficient intelligence to follow what I have written.

Still, if  the cap fits………….

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 1