British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Wolves v Belle Vue League Cup 18th April 2022

13 hours ago, proud panther said:

Apart from having the worst team manager, can anyone explain why Fricke was in heat 15 ?

I heard lemon was taking fricke out to wine and dine after the meet,say no more, favoured some what

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yeah, that’s the change, Zagar for Allen. Phil was hinting there was more than one change, that isn’t possible under the current rules. 

But is it permitted if the league campaign hasn't started yet , most rule changes dont come with the full information to those who follow the sport , 

• Like 1

Wasn’t there last night but reading the updates site I understand there was rain beforehand which effected the track. Heat 1 Etheridge fell bend 4 and was injured why did it take till heat 3 for Douglas to fall on same bend for extensive track work to be done?

16 hours ago, proud panther said:

Apart from having the worst team manager, can anyone explain why Fricke was in heat 15 ?

Who do you suggest instead, Wright?  He certainly had the beating of all Wolves riders at NSS other than Worrall, Masters & Douglas, but he wasn't quick enough to trouble them.  Fricke had been poor but was certainly quicker than Wright.

12 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Unbelievable off Wright?? He should look for teammate every now and again,cost aces 2 5-1’s running Allen wide, team event not individual 

Didn.t go to Monmore but Allen hadn't looked like beating a Wolves rider all morning, why would Wright think that would be different at Monmore?  

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yeah, that’s the change, Zagar for Allen. Phil was hinting there was more than one change, that isn’t possible under the current rules. 

Etheridge must be on dodgy ground, but he's a Berwick reserve in the Championship, not sure why anyone ever thought he'd be capable of scoring points in the main body of the team in the Premiership.  What is Nico Covatti doing?  Worth a punt?

Edited by Col

17 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Baffled everyone 

I’ve been saying this for ages now, much to the annoyance of his lemonade palls, that Lemon is clueless, he makes basic errors almost every meeting. It’s like he never been in the sport. The way he’s sorted the team out or not as the case maybe this year is a complete disgrace. This is by far the worst bv team in years. Tbh IF Zagar comes back I don’t think things will change that much, we will still struggle. And Zagar sadly is not the rider he was and he will cost the club plenty of money and won’t guarantee to add much to the crowds. 

Edited by Speedtiger
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Col said:

Abject is all I can say about Belle Vue in the League Cup.  Not seen anything from Monmore but expect nothing.  Comments on this morning.

Wright = Ronseal.  Did enough, never looked like beating any of the 3 Wolves riders that looked like winning a heat, but didn't drop a point other than that.  Fricke, awful for #1, two 1-5's conceded at home in 2 matches, didn't get any better.  I have yet to see a Swallow this year, but 1 of them does not make a summer.  1 outstanding 4 laps by Kurtz when he surged beneath Masters than rounded the previously untouchable Worrall does not make up for heats 13 & 15 when he was so far off the pace, it wasn't fathomable.
The reserves did OK, Brannan was the only rider to lead Douglas for a lap but succumb too easily, Blodorn was in an "army Blanket" finish with Kemp & Bercker - the only decent race other than Kurtz's surge.
Etheridge is scoring more points than Allen, but so is every other NSS visitor.
Hoping there are changes for the visit of the Panthers in two weeks.

51 minutes ago, Col said:

Who do you suggest instead, Wright?  He certainly had the beating of all Wolves riders at NSS other than Worrall, Masters & Douglas, but he wasn't quick enough to trouble them.  Fricke had been poor but was certainly quicker than Wright.

Didn.t go to Monmore but Allen hadn't looked like beating a Wolves rider all morning, why would Wright think that would be different at Monmore?  

Etheridge must be on dodgy ground, but he's a Berwick reserve in the Championship, not sure why anyone ever thought he'd be capable of scoring points in the main body of the team in the Premiership.  What is Nico Covatti doing?  Worth a punt?

Wrong on both counts. Ryan Douglas scored 13+1 from 5 rides at the NSS and was beaten only by ......... Charles Wright!!

5 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Surely as Allen is on a short term 28 day contract sanctioned by the authorities they can replace that rider to bring the team back up to the required number per team before the league campaign starts, 

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

But is it permitted if the league campaign hasn't started yet , most rule changes dont come with the full information to those who follow the sport , 

Were you doubting yourself with your second comment? Given this is speedway, I can see why if you were!!

Any logic would surely suggest you were right with your first comment.

Allen was signed to fill a team place vacancy for a period of 28 days. After that contract expires surely Belle Vue can sign another rider to fill that team place vacancy again within the team building average limit?

As such, the 'change' would not be a 'change' as defined by the '25% rule'?

Knowing speedway, though, and its interpretation of its own rules, it probably isn't today, but will be tomorrow. 

The Aces showing real consistency in the League Cup..

And Mark Lemon as equally as consistent with his usual tactical capability too reading the threads of the two meetings..

Let's be kind and say he is giving his lads plenty of track time before the real stuff starts..;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GregoryM said:

Wrong on both counts. Ryan Douglas scored 13+1 from 5 rides at the NSS and was beaten only by ......... Charles Wright!!

I was incorrect. Heat 3 was a long time ago .. I thought Douglas had scored a paid maximum.

3 hours ago, Col said:

Kurtz or Brennan

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Col said:

I was incorrect. Heat 3 was a long time ago .. I thought Douglas had scored a paid maximum.

And, in the interest of balance and fairness, I couldn't agree with you more on two of your other comments.

"1 outstanding 4 laps by Kurtz when he surged beneath Masters then rounded the previously untouchable Worrall does not make up for heats 13 & 15 when he was so far off the pace, it wasn't fathomable."

Trouble is, that is fairly typical Brady Kurtz. We've often seen him look so fast and aggressive in one race, only to be followed by another when he's looked like a novice. I'm not confident we'll win too many last heat deciders if we need a heat advantage in heat 15 if we have to rely on Brady.

"Fricke, awful for #1, two 1-5's conceded at home in 2 matches, didn't get any better." 

And, quite ironic that the tribute to Nigel Pearson (RIP) included the playing on the PA of his & Kelvin Tatum's commentary of the  Keep Your Eyes on Fricke! - YouTube heat v. Somerset in 2018. We've not seen anything like that Max Fricke yet .... here's hoping he's just having a slow start to the season and he comes good for the first league match.

22 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

I’ve been saying this for ages now, much to the annoyance of his lemonade palls, that Lemon is clueless, he makes basic errors almost every meeting. It’s like he never been in the sport. The way he’s sorted the team out or not as the case maybe this year is a complete disgrace. This is by far the worst bv team in years. Tbh IF Zagar comes back I don’t think things will change that much, we will still struggle. And Zagar sadly is not the rider he was and he will cost the club plenty of money and won’t guarantee to add much to the crowds. 

Zagar did well in the Peter Craven, second in a pretty high class field and must be an improvement on what Aces currently have.  The crowds will come if we're winning.

2 hours ago, Borolad said:

Zagar did well in the Peter Craven, second in a pretty high class field and must be an improvement on what Aces currently have.  The crowds will come if we're winning.

Zagar will make a considerable to Aces fortunes, once Fricke gets going / stops testing it looks a strong, well balanced team.

On 4/19/2022 at 10:43 AM, scoobydoo said:

Surely as Allen is on a short term 28 day contract sanctioned by the authorities they can replace that rider to bring the team back up to the required number per team before the league campaign starts, 

On 4/19/2022 at 11:15 AM, Arch Stanton said:

On 4/19/2022 at 4:00 PM, GregoryM said:

Were you doubting yourself with your second comment? Given this is speedway, I can see why if you were!!

Any logic would surely suggest you were right with your first comment.

Allen was signed to fill a team place vacancy for a period of 28 days. After that contract expires surely Belle Vue can sign another rider to fill that team place vacancy again within the team building average limit?

As such, the 'change' would not be a 'change' as defined by the '25% rule'?

Knowing speedway, though, and its interpretation of its own rules, it probably isn't today, but will be tomorrow. 

Having a regulation that's limits team changes and introduces a window for those transfers doesn't fit with allowing 28 day signings whatever the reasons

It gives a potential advantage to the team/s that have been granted the 28 day facility

There is the example of riders now potentially becoming available should a team fail in Sweden but no other team could take advantage due to the transfer restriction except those incompetent enough to fail to put together a full team despite having 6 months to do so......

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Borolad said:

Zagar was probably the best rider at the PCM, Woffinden and Zagar swapping places in the final gave MPT the chance to sneak through for the win.