British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe v Birmingham 22.4.22

3 minutes ago, Bluenose said:

Looking back to Scunnys win against Leicester the other week,

Leicester had D Thompson at 3 .Brum have Auty, i fully believe

Brum will come together fully and to win 46-44.

Yeah but they had Richie Worrall at 4 it’s 6 of one and half a dozen of the other really !

Edited by Ryan555

3 hours ago, Bluenose said:

Looking back to Scunnys win against Leicester the other week,

Leicester had D Thompson at 3 .Brum have Auty, i fully believe

Brum will come together fully and to win 46-44.

Can’t see that happening unless Ellis suddenly takes a liking to the EWR as he was poor last year and Auty rides like he used to.

On 4/18/2022 at 2:17 PM, IronScorpion said:

Also, last years no 1 for the last 2/3rds of the season. Let's see which versions turn up on Friday.

Jake having a mare, scorewise, at Belle Vue this dinner time. Seems he is missing a bit of speed, grunt, so needs a bit of tinkering to find the issue. He is not breaking down, like Harris early form so maybe engine issue(valves, springs, service not the same as usual, electrics, plug, fuel filters) so much to check to find a fault. The bikes look so similar but just 1 bit not working right causes issues. I think I have read somewhere that Josh Auty has blown 3 engines so far & was seeking out a new one only last week.

I'm confident Jake's season is about to get started this week and we'll see an upwards curve starting 

• Like 2

I am not sure what to make of the Leicester win now Plymouth beat them 30 points. Birmingham have got 4 former Scunny riders, this could be a lot closer than some think.

2 hours ago, eric i said:

I am not sure what to make of the Leicester win now Plymouth beat them 30 points. Birmingham have got 4 former Scunny riders, this could be a lot closer than some think.

Agree, the easier on paper teams look, the more we seem to make hard work of. Hopefully no potential banana skin and we kick on from last Friday.

Can you still just turn up and pay at the turnstiles, or do you have to pre-book?

If Auty is missing & with 4 meetings due to take place Friday this would only leave guests from Poole, Plymouth & Oxford out of which this would eliminate a lot of the top riders due to the make up of their teams being built top end heavy. Only 2 riders spring to mind. MPT, but he is on a concussion break & Barker, another of our old boys. They could go r/r giving Ellis & any one below (Shanes, Morris, Nielsen & Pearson) extra rides.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

If Auty is missing & with 4 meetings due to take place Friday this would only leave guests from Poole, Plymouth & Oxford out of which this would eliminate a lot of the top riders due to the make up of their teams being built top end heavy. Only 2 riders spring to mind. MPT, but he is on a concussion break & Barker, another of our old boys. They could go r/r giving Ellis & any one below (Shanes, Morris, Nielsen & Pearson) extra rides.

Birmingham have said on their website that they will be using r/r for Auty 

• Thanks 1

It wasn't there before so must be the latest news of a suspected broken leg meaning possibly a long spell on the side lines.

6 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Birmingham have said on their website that they will be using r/r for Auty 

A mssive shame for Auty. For the fans it spoils a decent looking meeting too with several former Scorpions. 

14 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Birmingham have said on their website that they will be using r/r 

Edited by GiveusaB