British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe v Birmingham 22.4.22

1 minute ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Unbelievable comments on Simon who is a fantastic person in and around the pits . riding at 2 is the worst position in the team and he's maintaining his home average in a team built to win at home what more can you ask.:rolleyes:

Ted not happy with you 

7 hours ago, brianbuck said:

Not a bad meeting at all. I watched it on the streaming and was quite impressed with the presentation ( although the commentator needs to curb his repeated use of the phrase "y'know) which he included in virtually every sentence!) Another smallish issue was the way when everything went totally quiet when there were breaks for the interval and track grading - but these are minor points and I don't doubt that the organisers will put these to rights as they go along.

As a Birmingham supporter, I concede that Scunthorpe were the better team and thoroughly deserved their win - although I thought that the three 5-1 wins to them from the last four races, rather distorted the score a bit. I was well pleased with James Pearson's first race win in heat two, which I think underlines his undoubted potential. A couple of our riders didn't do so well, but overall, I thought both teams contributed to a good night's racing.

I thank you kindly for this info, this is something both myself and Spence will sort out - but please bear with us as it was only our second meeting doing it

36 minutes ago, ScunnyDan said:

I thank you kindly for this info, this is something both myself and Spence will sort out - but please bear with us as it was only our second meeting doing it

What about if there is a break then announce," a quick break as we have a track grade or extra time as the rider has two on the trot etc...now is a chance for a toilet break or a quick cuppa and will be right back with all the action shortly" then play some tunes if possible,

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Yep I felt his wrath after my man won heat 2 :t:

Haha good lad 

14 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

I am relatively new to all this streaming malarkey but in the last couple of weeks I have taken in three matches from Edinburgh, Plymouth and Scunthorpe. 

Let's start with the Scunthorpe one. I take on board the fact that this was only your second meeting and it's all relatively new to you. The commentary flowed and was interesting enough so well done for that. The only downside compared to the other two was that there were no pit shots or interviews with riders and/or officials. I feel as though this would have made for a much more interesting watch as in between races the camera was simply focused on the track.

The Edinburgh stream did have some rider interviews but from what I can remember no pit shots.

But so far, the most enjoyable stream was from Plymouth. There seemed to be more cameras involved in the production and there were plenty of pit shots and rider interviews. The graphics were good and the commentary was very good.

I think all the streams were value for money and even though I had Plymouth top of my list, I do realise that ones decision can easily be swayed by how exciting the actual match/racing was.

18 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

It was a very convincing and deserved home win. I do agree with the others though why they Persist with Lambert is anyone's guess.

15 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Unbelievable comments on Simon who is a fantastic person in and around the pits . riding at 2 is the worst position in the team and he's maintaining his home average in a team built to win at home what more can you ask.:rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Shrimmy said:

Yes away from he’s never going to do well..but whilst he’s chipping in at home matches which is what this team is about winning at home..he’s doing ok

Simon is riding with a proper no1 & around our place 2nd & 3rd is what he is hoping for in each race. Kennedy was firing so even that heat is difficult to win. He is scoring points, not finishing last & doing a Captains job. I even saw him in last weeks match after the incident with Aarnio & Worrall have a group huddle/talk. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Let's start with the Scunthorpe one. I take on board the fact that this was only your second meeting and it's all relatively new to you. The commentary flowed and was interesting enough so well done for that. The only downside compared to the other two was that there were no pit shots or interviews with riders and/or officials. I feel as though this would have made for a much more interesting watch as in between races the camera was simply focused on the track.

I am quessing its down to cameras being available? we have 3 filming so a 4th may be needed as they are in place. I asked why they go to the track for 4.30pm as i normally take Dan and was told it is to talk to riders and do a track walk.I dont know the technical side of the stream and yet to watch so dont know if the interviews or track walk could be done on a mobile phone then uploaded in time for 7pm ish?.The more they do the easier it will get as they are young lads and from what i hear on the "terracing" is all positive so a massive well done. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

I am quessing its down to cameras being available? we have 3 filming so a 4th may be needed as they are in place. I asked why they go to the track for 4.30pm as i normally take Dan and was told it is to talk to riders and do a track walk.I dont know the technical side of the stream and yet to watch so dont know if the interviews or track walk could be done on a mobile phone then uploaded in time for 7pm ish?.The more they do the easier it will get as they are young lads and from what i hear on the "terracing" is all positive so a massive well done. 

We’ve got two cameramen, it’s been tough to gain their services tbh and a camera by the tapes cable tied to the fence, we’ve got the cameras just not enough operators

We try get interviews done for just after half 5 as it takes over an hour to upload them to the stream

32 minutes ago, Paul Johnson said:

They did a good job and had lots of enthusiasm which is always a big plus. No criticism from me, just observation. Keep up the good work and I will tune in again later in the season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ScunnyDan said:

We’ve got two cameramen, it’s been tough to gain their services tbh and a camera by the tapes cable tied to the fence, we’ve got the cameras just not enough operators

We try get interviews done for just after half 5 as it takes over an hour to upload them to the stream

The Plymouth crew conducted live interviews during the match. Not sure how difficult it would be for Scunthorpe to do this? It just creates a different angle and more interest for the viewer.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

The Plymouth crew conducted live interviews during the match. Not sure how difficult it would be for Scunthorpe to do this? It just creates a different angle and more interest for the viewer.

It’s definitely something we’ll look into for sure, thankyou muchly