British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Petecc

Birmingham v Berwick

New promoters are not having much luck. Unfortunately.

I believe a part of the 6 hour problem was that, as Josh was deemed to be under the care of a Paramedic, he was lower priority than someone who has chest pains etc. at home.

• Like 1

Did anyone catch the reduction price on the tannoy for the next meeting? I think I heard wrong…

Edited by AbbeyWilks

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe it's about time that folk realise that, the NHS is in dire straits and only can be run by donations/charity or whatever. It may push the insurance premiums up, but that's just the way it is?,,, you can't rely on 'free' forever!,,, someone or something has to pay!

We do it's called tax.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I believe a part of the 6 hour problem was that, as Josh was deemed to be under the care of a Paramedic, he was lower priority than someone who has chest pains etc. at home.

They won't send out an ambulance "just in case" when they are struggling to deal with actual emergency calls.  That's the Catch 22 between speedway needing the cover and an emergency service operating beyond its capacity.

• Like 1

Terrible to read of this abandonment. Couldn’t Auty have been driven to hospital by one of his crew in his van?

• Confused 1

Utter shambles, doing the reputation of Birmingham speedway and the new promotion no good what so ever. First on Birmingham`s list of priorities should be a second ambulance or a medical room at the stadium where an injured rider can stay while a county ambulance turns up, but more important a second paramedic is a must so a meeting such as last night could continue.

Best wishes to Josh Auty on a speedy recovery.

£8 reduction off readmission price of a future meeting according to BSPZzzz regulations. 

So the net cost to fans last night was £5 per race.

Feel sorry for the Berwick fans for such a wasted journey. 

• Like 1

I don't know the area but assume there must be an ambulance in fairly close proximity being it's a city track? At Glasgow the track ambulance has taken an injured rider to the hospital and came back on several occasions in the past

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Terrible to read of this abandonment. Couldn’t Auty have been driven to hospital by one of his crew in his van?

No, he'd been given morphine at the track.

8 hours ago, Col said:

New promoters are not having much luck. Unfortunately.

It's not about 'luck', it's about preparation!

I'm still annoyed from last night's outcome....It will now be a case of have we got 2 ambulances present, as opposed to 7 riders !

• Like 1

Are we not allowed to use the ticket from last night to gain entry to another meeting of our choice, or the re-scheduled fixture?

Edited by GiveusaB

12 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Are we not allowed to use the ticket from last night to gain entry to another meeting of our choice, or the re-scheduled fixture?

If not, I won't be attending again!

There seems to be a but of confusion surrounding it. Years ago it used to be free entry to next home meeting if called off before heat 4. But that was when you had to get to H12 for a result. Some fans on twitter are saying, you basically paid £1 a heat, so you get £2 off next entry.?

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HGould said:

Vsst majority if tracks have had private ambulance and paramedic for years. 

Some tracks have 2 ambulances, some have 2 paramedics. 

2 ambulances and 1 paramedic can be a problem if paramedic has to go with the ambulance to hospital. 

2 paramedics and 1 ambulance is problem if ambulance has to leave stadium. 

Some NHS Trusts will only prioritise County NHS ambulance. 

It's easy to blame Promoters. 

I blame a Government that has destroyed the NHS and mugged taxpayers off 37 billion to Dido Harding and Michelle Mone for PPE that didn't exist and companies created by MPs to mug us off 

In Britain's second city a wait for a 999 ambulance at 6 hours is the norm 

Thats down to Boris Johnson NOT Nigel Tolley and Laurence Rogers

Blimey , didn't realise Boris took a break from Partygate and helping out the Ukraine to put the boot into speedway . Those Tories really are the nasty party . 

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3