British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Petecc

Birmingham v Berwick

11 hours ago, MattB said:

The NHS is in mess.  Last thing they need are ambulances being stood next to a speedway track for two hours waiting for someone to fall off.

”Free” NHS ambulances & medics not used at speedway meetings. Cost has to be paid by promotion. 

Edited by 1 valve

16 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Are we not allowed to use the ticket from last night to gain entry to another meeting of our choice, or the re-scheduled fixture?

If not, I won't be attending again!

Getting £8.00 off a future match, per their website. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Not good enough IMO!

Berwick fans should definitely be totally refunded and compensated for travel costs.

What about Season ticket holders? I'm guessing they don't have to pay an extra £10....which is the difference between entrance fee and £8 discount off future match?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately this sort of thing paints speedway in a bad light. It's bad enough for the regulars, but the chances of new/casual fans returning is very low. Surely the cost of a private ambulance would be worth it for avoiding abandonments and reputational damage.  It kind of demonstrates that the sport is at its core amateur.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Totally shocking if you ask me. Would have thought you would get £13 or £14 off the next meeting at least (saying it's roughly a pound a heat).

The meeting didn't continue due to something Birmingham could control (medical cover) and not something Birmingham couldn't control (weather).

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Are we not allowed to use the ticket from last night to gain entry to another meeting of our choice, or the re-scheduled fixture?

46 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

There seems to be a but of confusion surrounding it. Years ago it used to be free entry to next home meeting if called off before heat 4. But that was when you had to get to H12 for a result. Some fans on twitter are saying, you basically paid £1 a heat, so you get £2 off next entry.?

I confused myself, £2 admission next time apparently for people that went as there was 13 heats left. Only what was said by a fan on SM though. They said it was in the T&Cs

Edited by lisa-colette

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I confused myself, £2 admission next time apparently for people that went as there was 13 heats left. Only what was said by a fan on SM though. They said it was in the T&Cs

I'm old school....it used to be 'free' entrance to another meeting if the match was abandoned before HEAT 6 :D

Great win for Poole last night btw.....

P.s and it would have been James Shanes that stopped 'Bomber' from getting a 'max'  last night :D who'd have thought that.....Bomber was so slow from the gate in Heat 1! (slower than usual :D)

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I'm old school....it used to be 'free' entrance to another meeting if the match was abandoned before HEAT 6 :D

Great win for Poole last night btw.....

P.s and it would have been James Shanes that stopped 'Bomber' from getting a 'max'  last night :D who'd have thought that.....Bomber was so slow from the gate in Heat 1! (slower than usual :D)

1. They prob lost too much money doing that! ;)

2. :D:t:

3. Not expecting that, considering how well he did at Poole for Plymouth when he was guesting!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Col said:

New promoters are not having much luck. Unfortunately.

Not Bad Luck,New Promotion but not new to Speedway,should have been able to get the basics right whatever the cost.Should be full refund fans are being taken for mugs again.Basics weren’t in place for meeting to start why should fans pay for it.!!!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Not Bad Luck,New Promotion but not new to Speedway,should have been able to get the basics right whatever the cost.Should be full refund fans are being taken for mugs again.Basics weren’t in place for meeting to start why should fans pay for it.!!!

Spot on!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gerbat1875 said:

That's 4 schedules meetings now and not one completed, yes weather plays a part and is beyond anyone's control, but surely there should be something in place at ALL events to cover a non life threatening Injury, ambulances should only be used for major injuries or things like heart attacks, Brummies fans must surely be losing patience by now, no excuses tonight's meeting could have continued, as someone else said if its an ankle injury someone could of transported him to hospital via a car/van

And given how many football matches seem to get stopped these days for crowd illnesses, which result in hospital visits, surely two ambulances are a necessity and not a "nice to have"?..

Just another in a long list of "own goals" that this sport (in the UK), like to score...

• Like 1

Birmingham are toast now. 

£8 off a future match is a terrible decision that reeks of desperation from the amateur chancer Rodgers and his consortium. 

Effectively saying 'We can't afford to give our punters a full refund' 

• Like 2

Question ?

Are we the only Championship side with one ambulance at meetings?

What is the cost to have another one present ?