British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Petecc

Birmingham v Berwick

20 minutes ago, iainb said:

Maybe the same in this country also, I don't know, I've always wondered what happens when tracks over here hold training days, whether there's medical cover then?

Yes there is medical cover.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

If only there were somebody that could negotiate a deal on behalf of the BSPL and then pocket half of any savings made B)

You don't have Hairy Trussell, (or something like that) in mind now do you?  He could set up a company (call it AmbuSpeed International Ltd, maybe?) and as you say, trouser a load of money for himself, before putting the company into liquidation.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Brummiestormer said:

So much hatred for Birmingham on here by so called speedway fans but fear not I'm sure your bile can be directed somewhere else when we are gone!

What's wrong with saying you should get £13 off a readmission ticket when you see 2 out of 15 heats? I think that is fair.

All I know is that out of the last 4 meetings I have attended at Birmingham while on holiday I have only seen 1 meeting reach its conclusion (Coventry).

I have seen Mildenhall, Edinburgh, and Leicester be abandoned. Think people remember the Redcar meeting at the start of last year also.

Wish Josh a speedy recovery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brummiestormer said:

So much hatred for Birmingham on here by so called speedway fans but fear not I'm sure your bile can be directed somewhere else when we are gone!

Rubbish! 

No hatred at all.....

I've been attending bham speedway since the opening in 1971... 39 all draw with Long Eaton ...I can post the programme to prove (in the loft) work it out... 51years... I will not attend again unless i receive a full refund for last night's incompetence! I'll challenge anyone who says that i deserve different! ?

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 1

When I looked at the details on speedway updates I was pretty shocked about the 6 hour turnaround for an ambulance but anything other than free admission to a future meeting will be a PR disaster for the Brummies.  Appreciate that they are in financial difficulty and had some bad luck to start the season BUT if they choose not to offer free admission I can see a number of fans not returning. 

Edited 2 hours ago by OML

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Just fir the record... I've soent £36 for 12 heats this season, not to mention the travel costs and the extortionate prices once within the stadium, becoz we cant take our own water in... stick speedway at Perry Barr up ur arse

For the record - you can request a glass of tap water which is free of charge (Birmingham Speedway are not responsible for the bar/catering prices - that is purely down to the greyhound landlords).

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Brummiestormer said:

Nobody want to see Birmingham gone, but then nobody wants to spend time, money and effort going to a speedway meeting only to see it abandoned due to a problem that should've been covered by the Birmingham promotion.

• Like 2

OK 48 hours on....:D I usually stop throwing my toys after 24 hours ...apologies its taken longer :D

Moving forward....

Wednesday happened due to the club's short sightedness..... maybe? 

Surely, something will have to be in place for the next meeting to avoid this happening again ?

I'm happy to contribute to a monthly 'fans lottery' (as mentioned in a previous post by Bandits4eva) somebody from B'ham speedway needs to get this scheme set up.

I'm happy to forfeit my entrance fee from Wednesday, but I wont be attending again unless something is in place for future meetings.

I hope this reads as a fair and balanced view.....

Hope I'm forgiven for spitting my dummy out! :t:

More importantly.....Best Wishes to Josh for a full recovery ASAP!

Edited by GiveusaB
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

OK 48 hours on....:D I usually stop throwing my toys after 24 hours ...apologies its taken longer :D

Moving forward....

Wednesday happened due to the club's short sightedness..... maybe? 

Surely, something will have to be in place for the next meeting to avoid this happening again ?

I'm happy to contribute to a monthly 'fans lottery' (as mentioned in a previous post by Bandits4eva) somebody from B'ham speedway needs to get this scheme set up.

I'm happy to forfeit my entrance fee from Wednesday, but I wont be attending again unless something is in place for future meetings.

I hope this reads as a fair and balanced view.....

Hope I'm forgiven for spitting my dummy out! :t:

Glad youve not given up but the promotion should listen to fans gripes/concerns and act if needed

Edited by M.D
  • Thanks 1

For anyone interested, ITV journalist, Nina Nannar has written a book about the history of the ambulance.

It's a great read by all accounts.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1