British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Petecc

Birmingham v Berwick

21 minutes ago, Petecc said:

Complain if you want to. That's your right but , I still expect to see you there on Wednesday or are you a keyboard wind machine just blowing hot air?

Sadly i can't go on Wednesday, there's some paint on the wall I need to watch dry

4 hours ago, Speedway fan said:

maybe ones that no longer go to speedway but sit at home on their computers always finding fault and moaning .... 

Yeah,I'm one of them that doesn't attend anymore(but never used to miss a meeting home or away until Tony Mole gave it all up;)).I don't find fault or moan on here regarding Birmingham Speedway as i don't attend but know when you're taking the p i s s:(

I think many comments on this thread are from loyal speedway supporters not folk who stay at home wanting to find fault or moaning;)

• Like 2

On 4/23/2022 at 12:52 PM, HGould said:

I don't want someone from Sheffield telling me my club should close, might suggest he buts out

:rolleyes: Why should he but out?Where has SKJ mentioned anything about closing?:blink:Christ, you talk some real s h i t e :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, iainb said:

Sadly i can't go on Wednesday, there's some paint on the wall I need to watch dry

I don't understand why you feel the need to complain about something you have no intention of seeing or using. 

2 hours ago, Petecc said:

I don't understand why you feel the need to complain about something you have no intention of seeing or using. 

because it's my right, as you said... honestly though I'll tell you why I'm complaining, it's because since I started supporting Speedway, I have seen the number of clubs in this country half and at this rate your club (assuming your a Brummies fan) will just be another ex-club, it's been on the brink for the last few years, why do you think that is? If you think about it, it's a pretty poor show that you can't attract a crowd to keep the club afloat in a city of 4.5 million people. Now you may think that the best way to attract people is to have a pop at some of them on the internet, the easiest ones to attract, those that know about Speedway and have probably been before. I, myself was blocked on Birmingham's Twitter earlier this season because I had the temerity to comment on the team they sent to Leicester on their opening night... the result, simple, I won't be going to Birmingham again while the current promotion is in charge, they have alienated me, it's a natural human response. I used to work in retail and their mantra was "Customer is King". Your Mr Rogers could do well to work by that mantra as at the moment all he seems to be doing is having a pop at his potential customers because they disagree with his highly successful operating model.

Seems like Mr Rogers reads the forums, so I congratulate the promotion on providing the medical cover that really should have been there in the first place but why he felt the need to have a pop of (potential) punters I really can't fathom.

As for Wednesday... I'll catch it on BSN

All the best

Iain

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Speedway fan said:

maybe ones that no longer go to speedway but sit at home on their computers always finding fault and moaning .... 

12 hours ago, iainb said:

Well, having a pop at them ain't gonna bring em back is it?

This is where i believe speedway promoters/managers get it all wrong. I am pretty much a lapsed fan these days as my club isn't running ( at the moment), but I do still attend occasionally.

When the Bees were running I travelled far & wide to support them & like many fans experienced more than my fair share of incomplete meetings, but I never worried because I knew that I would get a fair deal on a re- admission ticket. I read on here what had happened at Brum & saw how much fans were being charged for 2 completed races I was "gobsmacked" to say the least. If those re-entry conditions are going to be  applied at all tracks then it will certainly make me stop & think whether I wish to take the chance particularly if clubs continue to run with inadequate medical cover for such situations. I know Birmingham have reacted to their situation re ambulances & medics, perhaps they should now do the honourable thing & ensure the paying fans aren't " hit in the pocket " for the clubs shortcomings.

As for Laurence Rogers posting what he did , perhaps he should consider that there are many people who either attend occasionally or have haven't been for some time but still show enough interest to read this forum  that aren't going to be persuaded to turn up if they are going to get exploited , having a go at someone because they post something negative doesn't help Out of interest I attended a meeting at Berwick at the end of last season & I do understand what a long journey that is to the midlands & then back home for two races.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, iainb said:

because it's my right, as you said... honestly though I'll tell you why I'm complaining, it's because since I started supporting Speedway, I have seen the number of clubs in this country half and at this rate your club (assuming your a Brummies fan) will just be another ex-club, it's been on the brink for the last few years, why do you think that is? If you think about it, it's a pretty poor show that you can't attract a crowd to keep the club afloat in a city of 4.5 million people. Now you may think that the best way to attract people is to have a pop at some of them on the internet, the easiest ones to attract, those that know about Speedway and have probably been before. I, myself was blocked on Birmingham's Twitter earlier this season because I had the temerity to comment on the team they sent to Leicester on their opening night... the result, simple, I won't be going to Birmingham again while the current promotion is in charge, they have alienated me, it's a natural human response. I used to work in retail and their mantra was "Customer is King". Your Mr Rogers could do well to work by that mantra as at the moment all he seems to be doing is having a pop at his potential customers because they disagree with his highly successful operating model.

Seems like Mr Rogers reads the forums, so I congratulate the promotion on providing the medical cover that really should have been there in the first place but why he felt the need to have a pop of (potential) punters I really can't fathom.

As for Wednesday... I'll catch it on BSN

All the best

Iain

Reading some of the bile you put on here and other pages, all your doing is alienating yourself really. You just pick and prod at everything and anything to get a reaction, and people generally bite. I hope it makes you happy. Pot and kettle when you mention that you can't fathom why people have a pop when that's all you constantly do... 

I'm sure you'll be the first to say 'I told you so' when any club eventually closes. Tbh, a lot of what you put on here would probably turn off many potential fans rather than anything any promotion does, so feel free to step up and be a promotor rather than a criticism all the time. 

• Like 1

It might be worth pointing out that the same thing - meetings held up by lack of medical support - seems to have happened at Scunthorpe and Newcastle recently.

5 minutes ago, *JJ said:

It might be worth pointing out that the same thing - meetings held up by lack of medical support - seems to have happened at Scunthorpe and Newcastle recently.

Newcastle used to have 2… can only assuming their promotion now maybe doing things on the cheap?! 
Nice to see Birmingham getting things in place now though to prevent this from happening as much as possible again :approve:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, *JJ said:

It might be, but that just highlights the issue of the unfairness of the re -entry conditions that appear to be applied this year, ie if there is another abandonment after two races for instance the huge financial loss to the fan through something that they have absolutely no control over. If the clubs choose to take the risk with one ambulance then they should take the risk if it doesn't work out.

The problem with extra medical care  might mean that some speedway promotion may not be able to afford the extra cover.

And the only stipulation is that you need to provide one ambulance and one paramedic 

I get that, but if that is the case then Promoters really need to look at what they do about making refunds for meeting that are not completed.

If the meeting at Birmingham goes ahead on Wednesday and an adult fans has gone all three meeting that have started this season, that fan will have paid £46 for 27 completed heats.

I myself this season have attended one meeting at Sheffield and the Ben Fund at Peterborough and paid £39 for 37 completed heats.

That is a vast difference in value for money, and in this day and age where there is a credit crunch and money is tight there will be many fans that could well turn their backs on the sport.

All speedway Promoters need to think really hard about these kind of situations and how they deal with them.

Unfortunately Mr Rodgers response is a typical response of some the Promoters running clubs at the moment.

And if that makes me Keyboard Warrior, then I will wear my badge with pride.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, The Dog said:

Reading some of the bile you put on here and other pages, all your doing is alienating yourself really. You just pick and prod at everything and anything to get a reaction, and people generally bite. I hope it makes you happy. Pot and kettle when you mention that you can't fathom why people have a pop when that's all you constantly do... 

I'm sure you'll be the first to say 'I told you so' when any club eventually closes. Tbh, a lot of what you put on here would probably turn off many potential fans rather than anything any promotion does, so feel free to step up and be a promotor rather than a criticism all the time. 

I think bile is a bit harsh, you may disagree with what I think, that's your prerogative, it's generally only @IronScorpion and yourself that bites... but then you're The Dog, so you would! And since I got the restraining order against @IronScorpion he's left me alone :lol:

I'm not quite sure what you hope makes me happy? The fact that Birmingham have been teetering on the brink for the last few years? The fact that there have been numerous things go wrong, mostly of the promotions own making, over the last couple of seasons to further drive fans away? Maybe you think that I'm happy about the promotor having a go at so called "Keyboard warriors" when he should be concentrating on getting fans through the turnstiles and not driving them away? And I really don't know what you mean by randomly writing Pot and kettle... I'm sure you probably do but are unable to articulate it.

I don't wait until a club folds and then say 'I told you so', I comment on the issues as and when they happen. And why would any potential fan be reading these forums? That would be pretty strange behaviour, they're far more likely to be reading the local rag, where all they'll ever read is that there's been another calamitous night at Perry Bar where the punters have been sent home short changed again.

If I had enough money to be a, so called, promoter, Speedway is the last thing I'd sink my money into 

My personal view is that there's 2 sides to LR responses?

1. its great to see someone involved with my beloved club who's willing to listen to us fans and I'm grateful that he comes on here and givers us direct info and clarity.

2. From a professional perspective, he may need to keep ANY opinions to himself because of offending a prospective paying customer......

I know we can't have it all ways but that's just how I see it.

Iainb is entitled to his opinion whether we agree or not...

Again, just my opinion.

• Like 1

Why anyone would listen to what Rogers has to say on anything speedway!! Mans a joke!!  

6 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

My personal view is that there's 2 sides to LR responses?

1. its great to see someone involved with my beloved club who's willing to listen to us fans and I'm grateful that he comes on here and givers us direct info and clarity.

2. From a professional perspective, he may need to keep ANY opinions to himself because of offending a prospective paying customer......

I know we can't have it all ways but that's just how I see it.

Iainb is entitled to his opinion whether we agree or not...

Again, just my opinion.

Thanks @GiveusaB, and that's all it is, my opinion, counts for nothing at the end of the day, the thing that does count (for Speedway) though is the pound in my pocket and as far as Birmingham is concerned that is where it will stay until the promotion gets its act together. What on earth Laurence Rogers is doing commenting on what Speedway fans are saying is totally beyond me, I'm afraid in his position he should just be sucking it up and keeping shtum.

I hope you have Speedway to watch at PB for many years to come :t:

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1