Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Petecc

Birmingham v Berwick

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Gotta feel for the Birmingham promotion,  but these sort of things do need special attention. 

What sort of cost are we talking does anyone know?

People forget only the other week Mildenhall had the same problem with ambulances etc. They had to wait nearly 2 hours for an ambulance which eventually came from Peterborough. The meeting their only continued because it was an afternoon meeting.

It's not only Birmingham having the problem i think it's unfair just to criticize the Brummies Promotion.

Sadly due to the situation the Country is currently in Abandoning the meeting is going to happen every time there's an incident sadly. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

2 ambulances would soon pay for itself when you don’t have to abandon your meetings! Find ways to raise money? If Berwick, Edinburgh, Redcar etc can get 2nd ambulances then I don’t know how others can’t! 

and Scunny. 

I agree 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, noaksey said:

What sort of cost are we talking does anyone know?

We've had these discussions on various threads over the years, i think somebody once said it's about £400-£500 which is only about 30 paying punters

1 minute ago, Fozzie4388 said:

People forget only the other week Mildenhall had the same problem with ambulances etc. They had to wait nearly 2 hours for an ambulance which eventually came from Peterborough. The meeting their only continued because it was an afternoon meeting.

It's not only Birmingham having the problem i think it's unfair just to criticize the Brummies Promotion.

Sadly due to the situation the Country is currently in Abandoning the meeting is going to happen every time there's an incident sadly. 

Maybe it's about time that folk realise that, the NHS is in dire straits and only can be run by donations/charity or whatever. It may push the insurance premiums up, but that's just the way it is?,,, you can't rely on 'free' forever!,,, someone or something has to pay!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Meetings can,t be run on a wing and a prayer,the paying public won,t put up with it and it doesn,t look professional at all.

• Like 2

Don’t feel any sympathy for Birmingham’s promotion, it’s something the majority of clubs have covered for years, and should be mandatory, you cannot abandon a meeting for an ankle injury, when there’s a hospital 5 miles away! Even if a paramedic went with him in a van/the ambulance, and then returned, the public and the away team shouldn’t have to put up with that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

The NHS is in mess.  Last thing they need are ambulances being stood next to a speedway track for two hours waiting for someone to fall off.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Moranboys said:

Meetings can,t be run on a wing and a prayer,the paying public won,t put up with it and it doesn,t look professional at all.

Speedway has and never will be Professional. No Matter how much the BSPA etc try to convince people it is.

• Like 3

All well and good having the money for a second ambulance,  but what if there isn't one available? A friend's father suffered a stroke, he lives alone, they were quoted 24 hours for an ambulance, they got one in the end which only took 14 hours but had to do 120 mile round trip. 

The issue is far bigger than Speedway.

• Like 3

Just now, MattB said:

The NHS is in mess.  Last thing they need are ambulances being stood next to a speedway track for two hours waiting for someone to fall off.

Completely different and irrelevant

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

We've had these discussions on various threads over the years, i think somebody once said it's about £400-£500 which is only about 30 paying punters

Thanks. They'll have to factor that in from here.

1 minute ago, MattB said:

Just now, Panthers99 said:

All well and good having the money for a second ambulance,  but what if there isn't one available? A friend's father suffered a stroke, he lives alone, they were quoted 24 hours for an ambulance, they got one in the end which only took 14 hours but had to do 120 mile round trip. 

The issue is far bigger than Speedway.

I think you'll find that if you stump up the money for a private ambulance they'll turn up for whoever pays the bill

• Like 2

When people are saying you need a second ambulance, that doesn’t mean taking one away from the NHS ambulance service, it would be ‘st john’s’ or a private ambulance/paramedic firm, the same as what your paramedics and ambulance is in the first place

• Like 4