British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Petecc

Birmingham v Berwick

55 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

2 ambulances would soon pay for itself when you don’t have to abandon your meetings! Find ways to raise money? If Berwick, Edinburgh, Redcar etc can get 2nd ambulances then I don’t know how others can’t! 

Plymouth also has 2 ambulances.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, TTT said:

I'd be surprised if Birmingham see out the season after tonight.

Some punters won't return after the shambles that's taken place tonight.

The way I'm feeling,  I think u might be right. I took someone along for their very first meeting too.... really disappointed.... my fault last week coz of my ignorance to the weather,  but I totally blame bham this week for not having sufficient medical cover.

• Like 1

Heard that we have a silent investor as part of the consortium? Is their name Billy Smart? 

52 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

When people are saying you need a second ambulance, that doesn’t mean taking one away from the NHS ambulance service, it would be ‘st john’s’ or a private ambulance/paramedic firm, the same as what your paramedics and ambulance is in the first place

I think Poole are using private ambulance firm now based in SW, who do cover a lot of sporting events. Especially as I think there is no A+E at Poole hospital anymore. Not sure if it is viable for Birmingham to do the same? 

34 minutes ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Could have a medic or nurse at track to distribute morphine, there are trained personnel I would gather at Brum who could do it 

Not quite that simple, the medical team need to have "life saving" intervention skills and the facility to undertake them in the event that an apparent minor injury turns out to be more complex than anticipated. A collapsed lung or a cardiac arrest are not uncommon with roadside injuries.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I think Poole are using private ambulance firm now based in SW, who do cover a lot of sporting events. Especially as I think there is no A+E at Poole hospital anymore. Not sure if it is viable for Birmingham to do the same? 

It needs to be a rule. If its not viable then they shouldn't be running 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

Not quite that simple, the medical team need to have "life saving" intervention skills and the facility to undertake them in the event that an apparent minor injury turns out to be more complex than anticipated. A collapsed lung or a cardiac arrest are not uncommon with roadside injuries.

I understand that, but any sporting event should not be allowed to go ahead without adequate cover, it should be mandatory that at least 2 ambulaces are available, at least 2 qualified medics should be at the tracks, riders should be allowed to go to the tracks knowing that in such a dangerous sport that their care in the event of an accident is second to none, Imagine this happening in F1, the drivers would be appalled and refuse to race, even Cricket and Tennis have adequate cover, Speedway needs bringing into the 21st century and should be making clubs have proper full cover for medical emergencies, whether that be riders or spectators.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Vsst majority if tracks have had private ambulance and paramedic for years. 

Some tracks have 2 ambulances, some have 2 paramedics. 

2 ambulances and 1 paramedic can be a problem if paramedic has to go with the ambulance to hospital. 

2 paramedics and 1 ambulance is problem if ambulance has to leave stadium. 

Some NHS Trusts will only prioritise County NHS ambulance. 

It's easy to blame Promoters. 

I blame a Government that has destroyed the NHS and mugged taxpayers off 37 billion to Dido Harding and Michelle Mone for PPE that didn't exist and companies created by MPs to mug us off 

In Britain's second city a wait for a 999 ambulance at 6 hours is the norm 

Thats down to Boris Johnson NOT Nigel Tolley and Laurence Rogers

• Like 4

Having to debate the level or lack of cover for a dangerous sport is quite embarrassing from the outside. No wonder the sport is a mess when the level of medical cover becomes a financial option.

If it keeps Brum afloat this season I will gladly arrange for loads of plasters and paracetamol tablets to be available for race days (sourced from Wilko obviously to keep costs down).

As farcical as the situation may seem, the sport needs Brum, but they need to demonstrate that they can be taken seriously with what ever financial resource they have to meet essential health and safety criteria.

Oh.. and best wishes to Auty. If he is determined to continue in the sport, I have nothing but admiration for him, since his current outgoings surely fall short of his recent earnings.

15 minutes ago, Gerbat1875 said:

I understand that, but any sporting event should not be allowed to go ahead without adequate cover, it should be mandatory that at least 2 ambulaces are available, at least 2 qualified medics should be at the tracks, riders should be allowed to go to the tracks knowing that in such a dangerous sport that their care in the event of an accident is second to none, Imagine this happening in F1, the drivers would be appalled and refuse to race, even Cricket and Tennis have adequate cover, Speedway needs bringing into the 21st century and should be making clubs have proper full cover for medical emergencies, whether that be riders or spectators.

Am sure many would find it very distressing, if say Max Verstappens baby monitor malfunctioned during a virtual safety car and, they had to wait for county ambulance to bring extra tissues!?

Sorry mate, I had to phone an ambulance for my wife not so long ago, there was no 6 hour wait, the ambulance was at my home within 40 mins, thankfully it turned out to be only Kidney Stones, but there was no way it was anywhere near 6 hours waiting. Speedway is a very dangerous sport and should be ready to cater for an emergency, the risk of a serious injury at a speedway track is far greater than most sports, it needs to be sorted because having no ambulance in a sporting evnt in todays day and age is totally unacceptable 

• Like 4

Annoying when that happens, especially after the Redcar meeting in June 2021 had to be abandoned for the same reason. Lessons not being learned.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, HGould said:

Vsst majority if tracks have had private ambulance and paramedic for years. 

Some tracks have 2 ambulances, some have 2 paramedics. 

2 ambulances and 1 paramedic can be a problem if paramedic has to go with the ambulance to hospital. 

2 paramedics and 1 ambulance is problem if ambulance has to leave stadium. 

Some NHS Trusts will only prioritise County NHS ambulance. 

It's easy to blame Promoters. 

I blame a Government that has destroyed the NHS and mugged taxpayers off 37 billion to Dido Harding and Michelle Mone for PPE that didn't exist and companies created by MPs to mug us off 

In Britain's second city a wait for a 999 ambulance at 6 hours is the norm 

Thats down to Boris Johnson NOT Nigel Tolley and Laurence Rogers

You should join the SNP you would be most welcome with these comments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gerbat1875 said:

Sorry mate, I had to phone an ambulance for my wife not so long ago, there was no 6 hour wait, the ambulance was at my home within 40 mins, thankfully it turned out to be only Kidney Stones, but there was no way it was anywhere near 6 hours waiting. Speedway is a very dangerous sport and should be ready to cater for an emergency, the risk of a serious injury at a speedway track is far greater than most sports, it needs to be sorted because having no ambulance in a sporting evnt in todays day and age is totally unacceptable 

Thats great for you Gerbat and I hope Mrs G is on the mend. 

Waiting times in parts of West Midlands though are horrendous 

• Like 2