British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

BERWICK v OXFORD (Championship) Saturday 23rd, 7pm

Another visit from Oxford, whose Chargers provided stiff opposition at NDL level earlier this month -- now here come the big guns!

First trip to Shielfield for the Cheetahs since October, 1997 -- when they lost 48-42.       Same again, maybe?

FTS Bandits (powered by Keenwood Karpets: 1 Chris Harris, 2 Ty Proctor, 3 Theo Pijper, 4 Leon Flint, 5 Ricky Wells, 6 Jye Etheridge, 7 Kyle Bickley

Monarch Oxford Cheetahs: 1 Troy Batchelor, 2 Jack Thomas 3 Cameron Heeps, 4 Kyle Newman, 5 Scott Nicholls, 6 Dillon Ruml, 7 Nathan Stoneman

Can you buy admission on the gate?

Weather set fair for racing later. Berwick have seen off Birmingham and Edinburgh reasonably comfortably, I think Oxford will prove a tougher test but the home side should have enough to get the job done.

13 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

Can you buy admission on the gate?

Yes, but it’s cash only. You can buy your food with a card, but not the admission ticket. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

52-38

I’d think close to that as well.. Batch and Nicholls scored paid 30 points between them with Kent! 
We are clearly performing much better at home than away so far! Oxford to get close but no cigar for them! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

I’d think close to that as well.. Batch and Nicholls scored paid 30 points between them with Kent! 
We are clearly performing much better at home than away so far! Oxford to get close but no cigar for them! 

52-38 to the Bandits according to my crystal ball

2 minutes ago, Normski said:

52-38 to the Bandits according to my crystal ball

Berwick A  48   Berwick B   42

• Haha 1

Going to need to put plenty  water down with this breeze. Oxford might grab a point here tonight 

From a bandits point of view a great win. I expected it to be a lot closer but not to be. Some great performances from Jy Theo and of course the Bomber. Heat 13 was unreal from him. If anyone says theirs no passing at Berwick get a look at this meeting. Gonna take some beating at home this year. Got to mention Nathan stoneman who gave his all tonight. 

• Like 2

One of the best speedway meetings you’ll ever see. Full of spectacularity!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigeddiechek said:

One of the best speedway meetings you’ll ever see. Full of spectacularity!

Been some excellent meetings at Berwick this season and that topped the lot so far 

Little to think what was to come in opening two heats but it just took off

So many plusses but Harris in Heat 13 was simply Bomber 

Special.mention for Nathan Stoneman who was for my money top Cheetah

• Like 2