British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

BERWICK v OXFORD (Championship) Saturday 23rd, 7pm

2 minutes ago, Spittaler said:

Been some excellent meetings at Berwick this season and that topped the lot so far 

Little to think what was to come in opening two heats but it just took off

So many plusses but Harris in Heat 13 was simply Bomber 

Special.mention for Nathan Stoneman who was for my money top Cheetah

Couldn’t agree more. Leon’s pass on Batchelor was superb too.

2 minutes ago, bigeddiechek said:

One of the best speedway meetings you’ll ever see. Full of spectacularity!

Welcome back haven't seen you post for a while, well the wait to Tapes up at seven seventeen was well worth it,even if it was freezing.One of the best matches I've seen for a while,some great races, with plenty Passing, Bandits very much up for it,as mentioned thought Nathan Stoneman rode very well.Going to be hard to beat at home, anyone know when the new averages are out and how it affects the team?

• Like 1

I just so wish that had been the meeting on the BSN! One of the best meetings around Shielfield that I can recall in a very very long time! 
Bomber in heat 13 was just perfection! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DSC67 said:

Going to need to put plenty  water down with this breeze. Oxford might grab a point here tonight 

I think I got that prediction wrong. I expected a lot closer meeting than that one turned out to be , some cracking racing throughout the meeting despite the scoreline with Chris Harris already a contender for heat of the year 

Just now, Bandit59 said:

Welcome back haven't seen you post for a while, well the wait to Tapes up at seven seventeen was well worth it,even if it was freezing.One of the best matches I've seen for a while,some great races, with plenty Passing, Bandits very much up for it,as mentioned thought Nathan Stoneman rode very well.Going to be hard to beat at home, anyone know when the new averages are out and how it affects the team?

Can’t help but post after a meeting of that quality!

• Like 1

Just now, Bandits4eva said:

I just so wish that had been the meeting on the BSN! One of the best meetings around Shielfield that I can recall in a very very long time! 

Yes that would have been a better choice, they were videoing it so I presume a DVD will be available?

5 minutes ago, bigeddiechek said:

Couldn’t agree more. Leon’s pass on Batchelor was superb too.

It certainly was top class

Edited by Spittaler
Error
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spittaler said:

It certainly was top class

100% top class.

Edited by bigeddiechek

Excellent meeting,but why do we have to wait until 7.15 for the 1st heat.

• Like 2

As with Berwick at Glasgow on Friday the scoreline does not reflect just how good this match was with many passes and re-passes with Chris Harris`s last to first in Ht15 the highlight. 

1 hour ago, screm said:

As with Berwick at Glasgow on Friday the scoreline does not reflect just how good this match was with many passes and re-passes with Chris Harris`s last to first in Ht15 the highlight. 

Think you mean ht 13

7 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Think you mean ht 13

I mean Ht13 sorry, Harris didn't get to far in Ht15. :oops:

9 hours ago, Gringo said:

Excellent meeting,but why do we have to wait until 7.15 for the 1st heat.

Not sure but possibly just waiting for sun to drop down,by the time of the first race it was just dippingbehind 3rd /4th. Bend.There was a small delay at Glasgow on Friday night for that reason.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Not sure but possibly just waiting for sun to drop down,by the time of the first race it was just dippingbehind 3rd /4th. Bend.There was a small delay at Glasgow on Friday night for that reason.

Thought they said it was to get all the sponsor group around whatever they do an then into their box.Ref didn't come back from pits to ref box till near enough 7.15 either so maybe  "discussions" in pits possibly over who was eligible for r/r rides.At least it was a lovely warm night to sit waiting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

And Glasgow wish BSN had been at Ashfield for Berwick's visit rather than the Newcastle meeting.