British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Oxford SGB Championship Sun 24 Apr 4pm

Newcastle wont last the season. Awful team building. And not sure i have any sympathy. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Newcastle wont last the season. Awful team building. And not sure i have any sympathy. 

Can u suggest where they get replacements from,i watched them yesterday cant fault there effort just a shame more fans cant see that!

• Like 8

Please help. I thought a reserve had to have 3 programmed rides. NS rode 3 last night but 1 was a RR didn't think that counted?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Mamapotts said:

Please help. I thought a reserve had to have 3 programmed rides. NS rode 3 last night but 1 was a RR didn't think that counted?

Never been programmed rides. Long as has 3 rides between heats 1 and 14 all legal

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Same here... Rob watching from the back straight miles away from the riders, rather than in the pits stirring them on...

It would be hard to throw a number out, but we arrived at 10 to and our ticket numbers were in the 400s... Still think a lot of people come in for free through the pits... Even 500 fans is woeful, even for a National League side...

Must admit my patience for George is running out rapidly, surely there's a better option out there... Even Justin Sedgmen would be better... At least it would put James at reserve for a month or so... And the BWD scenario is just getting silly now...

Be interesting to know who he was with (all had Newcastle jackets on), and luv to have been fly on the fence listening to what was said.:D

Fully deserved win by Oxford, thou its obvious that Diamonds are currently very poor. Hopefully things will turn around for them soon.

Thomas and Ruml both very good, big improvement from lesser showings the previous night at Berwick.

We need to get Batchelor going to remain competitive against other teams thou, especially away from home.

With Heeps and McDonald having not really ridden yet, difficult to know where we actually stand.

7 hours ago, Hilly said:

Fully deserved win by Oxford, thou its obvious that Diamonds are currently very poor. Hopefully things will turn around for them soon.

Thomas and Ruml both very good, big improvement from lesser showings the previous night at Berwick.

We need to get Batchelor going to remain competitive against other teams thou, especially away from home.

With Heeps and McDonald having not really ridden yet, difficult to know where we actually stand.

Oxford may just & only just creep into the play offs but Nicholls & Batchelor are not doing there jobs never mind looking elsewhere in the team.

Newcastle & Birmingham are below everyone & I think Oxford will be fighting with Scunny & Plymouth for 6th place.

Edited by Turnip

On 4/24/2022 at 7:15 PM, geoff100 said:

Congrieve and rumi same 4.oo average worlds apart ,some good close racing on a cold afternoon wont go in shorts again !

Last season Ruml (at Plymouth) was in the same position as Congreve this season. i.e. assessed on an overinflated average. He was generally poor last season and didn't get close to 4.00 by the end of the season. That's why he's on a 4.00 this year, as that's the minimum average he will always be assessed on. Plymouth released him and Oxford took a chance, and boy does it appear to have paid off. he's a different rider this year. As Scott Nicholls said, He won the meeting for them yesterday. (memories of Mark Thorpe spring to mind.

As for BWD my understanding is that he needs an op on his shoulder. That said, he's needed an op since he was injured pre -covid and still hasn't had it done. It's obviously reasonably ok riding once a month or so in New Zealand but not twice a week in the UK.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Be interesting to know who he was with (all had Newcastle jackets on), and luv to have been fly on the fence listening to what was said.:D

Was it not just Dave Tinning and the co promotors? I have no idea, never seen Dave before so I dunno. Plus I couldn't see far enough to be able to tell who them men were. Maybe it's Granty begging for extra money after blowing the 50k on Brad and George

7 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Was it not just Dave Tinning and the co promotors? I have no idea, never seen Dave before so I dunno. Plus I couldn't see far enough to be able to tell who them men were. Maybe it's Granty begging for extra money after blowing the 50k on Brad and George

It may well have been Dave Tinning, but Steve Pate is also a Promoter, and also the Team Manager, so he would have been in the pits managing the team and the changes. 

Like you I could not see clearly who the others were. 

On 4/25/2022 at 9:03 AM, Pinny said:

thats not just Newcastle suffering though, its one team fewer for the league. We need more not less.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Newcastle Speedway reveal new co-promoter: Long-time Diamonds' sponsor, Dave  Tinning. - Newcastle Diamonds Speedway

21 hours ago, StevePark said:

Newcastle Speedway reveal new co-promoter: Long-time Diamonds' sponsor, Dave  Tinning. - Newcastle Diamonds Speedway

Sorry. Should've worded that better. I have seen pictures of Dave. Just meant I've never seen him at the meetings before, I dunno where he usually hangs out.