British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JamesHarris

Speedway Star front cover.

If the producers of Speedway Star magazine read this please can you look at reverting the cover of the magazine to what it used to be. What I mean by that is reflecting the events of the day. Have the latest grand prix winner etc on the cover and make it relevant to the news of the week. The front page format you have been using over the last few years is boring and uninspiring. I used to buy the magazine every week religiously but now only buy it periodically. Please change the front cover back. It used to be like a souvenir back in the day following a World Final or Grand Prix. P.S This weeks cover should have been Nigel Pearson rather than just a small pic of him. Just Saying. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JamesHarris said:

If the producers of Speedway Star magazine read this please can you look at reverting the cover of the magazine to what it used to be. What I mean by that is reflecting the events of the day. Have the latest grand prix winner etc on the cover and make it relevant to the news of the week. The front page format you have been using over the last few years is boring and uninspiring. I used to buy the magazine every week religiously but now only buy it periodically. Please change the front cover back. It used to be like a souvenir back in the day following a World Final or Grand Prix. P.S This weeks cover should have been Nigel Pearson rather than just a small pic of him. Just Saying. 

I agree

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eric i said:

I agree

Me, too tbh ....

Should  have been a no brainer to have Nigel on the front cover   shame on you , unless of course they were asked not to do it  

Me, too tbh .

Nigel was the best promoter of Speedway probably since Jonny Hoskins!

He did a lot for me from 2010 to 2019 when he was the Chairman of Dudley/Cradley in too many ways to mention!

RIP Nige was a true gent and please remember on your cloud as you look down .............. "Once a Heathen Always A Heathen"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by berniev123
Wrong year

You're missing a big part. Nigel only died on Friday and the Speedway Star is signed off on a Monday. Very hard to get a full tribute done for him when the majority of the magazine is written.

Not only that, every single writer for the magazine will have been hugely affected by his passing, as they're all his colleagues!!

It has been said that next week will be all about Nigel, which will allow them to get the tribute he deserves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

You're missing a big part. Nigel only died on Friday and the Speedway Star is signed off on a Monday. Very hard to get a full tribute done for him when the majority of the magazine is written.

Not only that, every single writer for the magazine will have been hugely affected by his passing, as they're all his colleagues!!

It has been said that next week will be all about Nigel, which will allow them to get the tribute he deserves.

All true.

But the original post was just about the type of front cover being used.

I too dislike them and would much prefer a return to the use of a single photo related to this week's events rather than photo-shopped image that is just becomingso 'samey' week after week.

Edited by Grand Central

All the photoshopped images look alright every so often but not every week. I can also never understand why an action shot is not always used. If you're going to buy SS then you'll buy it, but surely an action shot would attract the floating bike fan? More than a photoshopped image of a riders face?

2 hours ago, JCookie said:

All the photoshopped images look alright every so often but not every week. I can also never understand why an action shot is not always used. If you're going to buy SS then you'll buy it, but surely an action shot would attract the floating bike fan? More than a photoshopped image of a riders face?

I think over the winter months it would be ok but during the season itself have a front cover that is relevant to the news and events of that week. It's as if the magazine is more about the rider interview now than the actual speedway itself. 

• Like 1