British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Birmingham 27/4/22

Do we know how Drew is? Has he been riding abroad since Weds? As Danny King said he was in a bit of pain after his crash at Oxford.

30 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Do we know how Drew is? Has he been riding abroad since Weds? As Danny King said he was in a bit of pain after his crash at Oxford.

Presumably ok as he's declared in the Pirates line-up for Wednesday.

Also he's due to receive £500 (as is Nathan) from the Poole R.E.F. (Riders Equipment Fund)!:t:

• Like 2

Heading down for this - looking forward to my first visit to Wimborne Road for several years

• Like 2

The Cook's are serving up a Winning breakfast fit for a King! :D

Edited by Turnip

5 hours ago, The H Man said:

Heading down for this - looking forward to my first visit to Wimborne Road for several years

Hope to see Reading back on track some day, any news?

Was on the train to Oxford last week to watch Poole,

Coventry & Reading were amongst other stops for the train.......one day I thought it would be great getting off the train again for sum speedway at those venues. :t:

Have a great time down at Wimborne Road, superb race track. :)

Edited by Turnip

Its obviously going to be a hammering on Wednesday. I'm guessing that the management also expect this as no guest employed for Auty ?

What are others thoughts on this ? 

I'm assuming its about keeping costs down ?

I'm not fussed either way. I think R/R at home meetings is a no brainer, but 'winnable' away meetings (and there's not many) might be more advantageous to have a guest?

May be Danny Gappmaier might re-consider and be a half decent replacement?

Birmingham & Newcastle both need major help & I hope the BSPA nobbies are helping in the search & finance of better quality riders for when these 2 club's average's are issued again. 

Edited by Turnip
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Turnip said:

Hope to see Reading back on track some day, any news?

Was on the train to Oxford last week to watch Poole,

Coventry & Reading were amongst other stops for the train.......one day I thought it would be great getting off the train again for sum speedway at those venues. :t:

Have a great time down at Wimborne Road, superb race track. :)

Sadly, no news about Reading - the Smallmead site remains barren and used for a car park on Football match days 

Great to see Oxford back up and running, can only hope the same for Coventry one day.

Very much looking forward to Wimborne Rd tomorrow night 

On 4/26/2022 at 12:44 AM, Turnip said:

The Cook's are serving up a Winning breakfast fit for a King! :D

Zach is riding for Torun tonight in the new Polish U.24 league (scoring 9+3 from 5 rides at Wroclaw) - Brum's  James Pearson is also in Poland this evening.

Edited by Skidder1

A quick note for anyone travelling from the East (Bournemouth and beyond) to Poole Stadium this evening - Canford Way and Dorset Way around the Mannings Heath roundabout and Tower Park areas are CLOSED due to planned resurfacing. Diversions are in place but its very congested at peak times.

PS. The May Greensheets are out with Captain Danny King moving to Number 1 from 3rd May.

Edited by Skidder1

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

A quick note for anyone travelling from the East (Bournemouth and beyond) to Poole Stadium this evening - Canford Way and Dorset Way around the Mannings Heath roundabout and Tower Park areas are CLOSED due to planned resurfacing. Diversions are in place but its very congested at peak times.

PS. The May Greensheets are out with Captain Danny King moving to Number 1 from 3rd May.

Surprised it isn't Lawson tbh! But I guess letting his team mate take the win on the line made sure that didn’t happen! :D

37 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Surprised it isn't Lawson tbh! But I guess letting his team mate take the win on the line made sure that didn’t happen! :D

I was told at Lakeside some years agi that Lawson didn't like being v in heat 1 so would seek to let teammates win and pick up the bonus point when possible and safe to do so. 

The rumour was that he was often late because Mrs L took so long doing her make up. So Heat 4 was his favoured first race. 

Edited by HGould
Spelling
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, HGould said:

I was told at Lakeside some years agi that Lawson didn't like being v in heat 1 so would seek to let teammates win and pick up the bonus point when possible and safe to do so. 

The rumour was that he was often late because Mrs L took so long doing her make up. So Heat 4 was his favoured first race. 

Sure it wasn't him doing his hair? :D

• Haha 2

Along with the hair theme.....

Pirates are Head and Shoulders above everybody else! 

:D :t:

Edited by Turnip

Good weather down here today. Looking forward to seeing some racing. Hopefully Brum will put up a better fight than Oxford and gate. Pointless seeing our boys gate and clear off.