British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Birmingham 27/4/22

23 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

A quick note for anyone travelling from the East (Bournemouth and beyond) to Poole Stadium this evening - Canford Way and Dorset Way around the Mannings Heath roundabout and Tower Park areas are CLOSED due to planned resurfacing. Diversions are in place but its very congested at peak times.

PS. The May Greensheets are out with Captain Danny King moving to Number 1 from 3rd May.

You might want to edit again. It is always from the 1st of a new month. :t:

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Get the water down. Sod it if riders moan. The paying public come first.

Good God!    A Shovlar post I agree with!

35 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

You might want to edit again. It is always from the 1st of a new month. :t:

Not riding til the 3rd though ;)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not riding til the 3rd though ;)

Thanks Lisa - I thought that was apparent from Poole's fixture list.

Good news on the track is that fresh shale is due to be laid before the next home meeting on 11th May!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Thanks Lisa - I thought that was apparent from Poole's fixture list.

Good news on the track is that fresh shale is due to be laid before the next home meeting on 11th May!!

:party:

Spoke to Trackerman who confirms that a load of red shale from Scotland, the same shale that Belle Vue use, is due for delivery and will be on the track by our next home meeting. Trackerman also said it was his fault he messed up the track prep and he was gutted it was not as he wanted it to be. He has so far improved the track no end so we can forgive a blip. It’s been very good so far this season until last night.

• Like 1

Anyone watch the livestream of the meeting? Thinking of buying the stream for the Newcastle meeting (don’t laugh). Is it any good.

I think it is. :t: One commentator/before meeting presenter (Scott Mitchell) and one pits reporter (Rob Dyer??) You  also get to see what is happening in pits in between races. The only criticism I would have is sometimes cameraman focuses on front of the race when sometimes action at the back but that is something that only happens occasionally. 

On 4/26/2022 at 8:16 AM, GiveusaB said:

Its obviously going to be a hammering on Wednesday. I'm guessing that the management also expect this as no guest employed for Auty ?

What are others thoughts on this ? 

I'm assuming its about keeping costs down ?

I'm not fussed either way. I think R/R at home meetings is a no brainer, but 'winnable' away meetings (and there's not many) might be more advantageous to have a guest?

May be Danny Gappmaier might re-consider and be a half decent replacement?

Im guessing others haveanswered this but just in case..... There is no guest facility available. 

1 hour ago, guitar_art said:

Im guessing others haveanswered this but just in case..... There is no guest facility available. 

Please have a look at page 112/3 of the 2022 regulations as shown below:

012.4 FACILITIES
Speedway Control Bureau Regulations
   Absent rider(s) 1 - 3 by MA - G or RR
   1 absent rider 4 - 5 by MA - RR (unless RR is already being used then it’s a G)
   Both riders 4–5 - RR x 1, G x 1 at the Team Managers discretion
   Absent 6 – 7 - Premiership League if not a Rising Star = G Championship League = G

To me that means the Brummies could have used either RR or a guest for the rider number 3 in the averages.

Edited by Dickie Head
Ommission
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Spoke to Trackerman who confirms that a load of red shale from Scotland, the same shale that Belle Vue use, is due for delivery and will be on the track by our next home meeting. Trackerman also said it was his fault he messed up the track prep and he was gutted it was not as he wanted it to be. He has so far improved the track no end so we can forgive a blip. It’s been very good so far this season until last night.

Think it must be the shale they have removed from the Armadale Track in the last couple of seasons.!!

Edited by Dickie Head
Deleted