British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Leicester vs Glasgow 23/04 7pm

Don’t log on to this forum much these days. Is 4 consecutive posts by 1 poster a record?

6 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Let him go?? That's hilarious. He decided to go!! What we supposed to do? Handcuff him to the track! lol

For the benefit of everyone. Benjamin is Danish, he rides in the Danish league on Wednesdays, Danish riders have to fulfil their commitments to their Danish team, Poole race on a Wednesday night because that is the best night for them from a fan/commercial point of view, so not practical for him to ride for Poole, Poole wanted Richard Lawson, to make things simple Glasgow agreed to swap Richard for Benjamin. Benjamin has moved from one club that pays its riders on time to another club that pays its riders on time. Richard is a recognised championship No.1, Benjamin isn't, albeit a good prospect. So in some ways Glasgow were taking a risk but team building wise it suited them so everyone was happy. Ok

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Lol you been on sauce Lisa? Turning into shovlar :rofl:

Taken from the Bournemouth Echo during the winter.

'Basso controversially joined the Tigers over the winter, despite Pirates admitting they wanted him in their line-up for 2022. '

Asked about missing out on the 20-year-old’s signature for next season, Ford told the Daily Echo: “It’s quite a sore subject to be honest and I am still quite bitter about it.

“It did hurt on a personal level as well.

“We kind of already agreed that Benjamin was going to come back for this season, when we initially did the deal.

When he said he wouldn’t be returning, it was a surprise. We were hugely disappointed because we had seen what a fantastic prospect he is.

“And it’s not just that – he’s a proper showman, of which there are few and far between in speedway these days.

“It’s a massive loss to be honest. He was in our plans for this season

“That’s changed our plans a little bit but we have worked around it and are happy with what we are putting together.'

But of course Poole never wanted him did they!:rolleyes: See I told you, he wanted to leave. B)

I thought last night that Glasgow would’ve given Leicester a run for their money. However, heats 8-10 swung the meeting in Leicester’s favour. Worrall easily took care of the tac sub ride in heat 11, which pretty much ruled Glasgow out of clawing any substantial points from the meeting.

A decent meeting again last night, with Heat 14 being the stand out. Fair play to the Thompson twins for getting back underneath Basso going into turn one on lap 4.

https://www.facebook.com/100000825907564/posts/5059145770789570/?d=n

Kerr was a more than able replacement for Howarth, and he had a couple of good rides against Brennan and Ostergaard in heats 9 and 12 respectively. 

Edited by kopite92
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Taken from the Bournemouth Echo during the winter.

'Basso controversially joined the Tigers over the winter, despite Pirates admitting they wanted him in their line-up for 2022. '

Asked about missing out on the 20-year-old’s signature for next season, Ford told the Daily Echo: “It’s quite a sore subject to be honest and I am still quite bitter about it.

“It did hurt on a personal level as well.

“We kind of already agreed that Benjamin was going to come back for this season, when we initially did the deal.

When he said he wouldn’t be returning, it was a surprise. We were hugely disappointed because we had seen what a fantastic prospect he is.

“And it’s not just that – he’s a proper showman, of which there are few and far between in speedway these days.

“It’s a massive loss to be honest. He was in our plans for this season

“That’s changed our plans a little bit but we have worked around it and are happy with what we are putting together.'

But of course Poole never wanted him did they!:rolleyes: See I told you, he wanted to leave. B)

Think we all realise that a Wednesday race night was an issue for him.

Throw into the mix a bigger club wanted him in Glasgow then it was a no brainier. 

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Turnip said:

I wud've been going to this one but mate can't make it. 

I can see Glasgow winning considering their overall strength rather than our 2 Cook's (Poole) being still a bit raw round Leicester last week.

Brennan, Basso & Humey will kick ass at the Lions Den against the Twins & Rowe. That will see Tigers win 47-43.

Crikey, hope we Pirates don't end up rueing the day when Basso & Humey both joined the Tigers!

Remind me not too take tips from you, Rowe aside you couldn’t of been more wrong. Brenda didn’t win a heat and finished with a big fat zero 

Edited by Leave some for us.

Some cracking Speedway racing again at BP last night, with the exception of the Newcastle match (and maybe the Birmingham match I don't know, I didn't go) there has been some really entertaining Speedway at Leicester this season so far and even the last race against Newcastle was a great race. So credit where it's due to the riders and the track staff, whatever they're doing is working a treat!

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Leave some for us. said:

Remind me not too take tips from you, Rowe aside you couldn’t of been more wrong. Brenda didn’t win a heat and finished with a big fat zero 

I predicted Pirates wud take a point at Leicester which they did & I predicted a 49-41 win for Pirates at Oxford which ended in a 48-42 win for Pirates so I'm not doing too badly :t:

Who wud've predicted Leicester being torn apart at Plymouth & Scunny?

Most wud've thought Leicester v Glasgow wud've been close so I doubt anyone wud've predicted 52-38?!

Maybe I need to get me crystal ball tuned up a bit more for Leicester's track! :lol:

4 minutes ago, Turnip said:

I predicted Pirates wud take a point at Leicester which they did & I predicted a 49-41 win for Pirates at Oxford which ended in a 48-42 win for Pirates so I'm not doing too badly :t:

Who wud've predicted Leicester being torn apart at Plymouth & Scunny?

Most wud've thought Leicester v Glasgow wud've been close so I doubt anyone wud've predicted 52-38?!

Maybe I need to get me crystal ball tuned up a bit more for Leicester's track! :lol:

I thought we was talking about last night? Not sure why you have to drag all that into the equation lol  (insert emoji smiley face ) ;)

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Think we all realise that a Wednesday race night was an issue for him.

Throw into the mix a bigger club wanted him in Glasgow then it was a no brainier. 

Well they obviously didn't get him if he went to Glasgow ;):P

That's not really my issue.I'll let you and Steve battle it out to decide who is the biggest club! The point I was making is a Leicester fan saying Basso isn't at Poole cos they didn't want him in the team, which as I've shown in a newspaper article is not correct and I haven't seen Basso himself dispute it when he was interviewed in the SS soon after it was made public.

18 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

That's not really my issue.I'll let you and Steve battle it out to decide who is the biggest club! The point I was making is a Leicester fan saying Basso isn't at Poole cos they didn't want him in the team, which as I've shown in a newspaper article is not correct and I haven't seen Basso himself dispute it when he was interviewed in the SS soon after it was made public.

Stop biting Lisa lol

Tbf it's worked out well for both parties, Poole have a motivated Lawson, Glasgow have a top prospect and an asset for any potential move to the prem if win league in next few years. 

38 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Newspapers eh always tell the truth Freddie Starr even ate a hamster allegedly according to them.

Do you see where this is going regarding Newspaper articles.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Stop biting Lisa lol

Tbf it's worked out well for both parties, Poole have a motivated Lawson, Glasgow have a top prospect and an asset for any potential move to the prem if win league in next few years. 

:D