British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Leicester vs Glasgow 23/04 7pm

3 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

Glasgow fans do you not like your team manager?? If so why? (Just curious)

He's just not very savvy.

Bit of sour grapes from the TM seems to be having a go at the track prep. Notice no mention of his abysmal TS decision :angry:

Edited by Jaizer
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Bit of sour grapes from the TM seems to be having a go at the track prep. Notice no mention of his abysmal TS decision mentioned :angry:

Is it an unintended consequence of being conditioned to a super smooth home track that when we go to a rutted and bumpy circuit we find it harder to get points? 

1 hour ago, Joseq7 said:

He's just not very savvy.

In a nutshell.

5 hours ago, ScottyJ said:

Glasgow fans do you not like your team manager?? If so why? (Just curious)

To put it in football terms with reference to my own club... It was like sacking Giovanni van bronckhorst and replacing him as manager with renowned kit man Jimmy bell. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

To put it in football terms with reference to my own club... It was like sacking Giovanni van bronckhorst and replacing him as manager with renowned kit man Jimmy bell. 

Hope Jimmy doesn’t read on here you will be in big trouble.

The Jimmy Bell stare gives me the fear.

Was at the game yesterday and the glare he gave Nick Walsh was unnerving.

Edited by Gazc
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Well... According to the updates site it seems 3rd bend bunching is a thing now

21 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Crazy! Surely someone has to get excluded for it.

21 hours ago, Chris116 said:

Only possible way the referee can justify that decision is to say the race was stopped due to an unsatisfactory start and not due to anything that happened on the third bend.

I didn't see the incident last night but a referee is entitled to give 'all 4 back' at any point during the race, regardless of which lap they're on :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Stop biting Lisa lol

Tbf it's worked out well for both parties, Poole have a motivated Lawson, Glasgow have a top prospect and an asset for any potential move to the prem if win league in next few years. 

From what I've seen so far I'd suggest Basso will be on the radar of many Polish clubs before long if he isn't already which might make his availability for the Championship tricky or at least require some creative fixture arranging.

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

From what I've seen so far I'd suggest Basso will be on the radar of many Polish clubs before long if he isn't already which might make his availability for the Championship tricky or at least require some creative fixture arranging.

Why I said he was an asset for any potential move into the prem :t:

35 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

I didn't see the incident last night but a referee is entitled to give 'all 4 back' at any point during the race, regardless of which lap they're on :)

To put the record straight, Brennan had gated, Bailey in 2nd, Worrall in 3rd, going into the 3rd bend Worrall went underneath Bailey,  no contact,  but Bailey fell, the rerun was 3 riders only,as Bailey was disqualified.  Worrall won the rerun.

Glasgow so I understand wanted the heat to be awarded,  but it was only the 3rd bend on the second lap.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

To put the record straight, Brennan had gated, Bailey in 2nd, Worrall in 3rd, going into the 3rd bend Worrall went underneath Bailey,  no contact,  but Bailey fell, the rerun was 3 riders only,as Bailey was disqualified.  Worrall won the rerun.

Glasgow so I understand wanted the heat to be awarded,  but it was only the 3rd bend on the second lap.

Thanks Barbara.

17 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

If the leader had started lap 3 when the race is stopped it can be awarded no matter where incident happened.  The ref could have awarded it but chose not to 

57 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

Really? I thought it was only 1st lap 1st bend! 

42 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He is doing the u24 thing? 

5 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Stop biting Lisa lol

Tbf it's worked out well for both parties, Poole have a motivated Lawson, Glasgow have a top prospect and an asset for any potential move to the prem if win league in next few years. 

I don’t get what’s in it for Glasgow to consider moving to the Premiership though? Smaller league, more costs, no local matches… what am I missing?

• Like 3