British Speedway Forum
davieb1

leicester lions already lost it ?

2 hours ago, Shadders said:

One of the biggest disappointments is the Leicester track. They had a blank canvas and came up with that. 

Your observations are out of date. The changes made to both shape & size since it was laid out now produce comparable racing to almost every other uk track (a few exceptions) 

The issue now is the inconsistency of surface - too many bumps and holes in key areas which need to be addressed. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 1 valve said:

Your observations are out of date. The changes made to both shape & size since it was laid out now produce comparable racing to almost every other uk track (a few exceptions) 

The issue now is the inconsistency of surface - too many bumps and holes in key areas which need to be addressed. 

So it’s still shyte then 

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, davieb1 said:

with all there big guns doing not a lot away from home 

im just wondering have the lions already lost the title this season as there not doing it away from home are they

No. 
There’s room (& time) for sufficient improvement. 

4 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

So it’s still shyte then 

No. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shadders said:

One of the biggest disappointments is the Leicester track. They had a blank canvas and came up with that. 

You clearly haven''t been recently. 'he Leicester track is vastly improved. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike.Butler said:

You clearly haven''t been recently. 'he Leicester track is vastly improved. 

A good friend of mine took his grandson to the Leicester v Newcastle match a couple of weeks ago, I asked him if the track was any better and he said it was utter shyte.

I have been twice since it opened despite living only 35 miles away and despite a tidy stadium and viewing area the track, parking and racing is dreadful.

13 hours ago, stevethelion said:

Said when the team was announced it had 3 heat leaders, 1 average 2nd string & 3 reserves. The twins can only ride Leicester, this means unless the 3 heat leaders all get double figures, they're not going to get many points on the road. You can't carry 2 riders & expect to win on your travels. Admire the loyalty shown to them & not saying they should be dropped, but for this year there's no way Leicester will beat the likes of Poole & Glasgow over 2 legs. Might scrape into the play-offs, but that's about it.

3 heat leaders at Leicester and some teams have struggled to track more than 1. The investment in the twins over the years has been considerable and admirable.  For the sake of a season or two' s not optimal results in return for potential return has to be worth it 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Ripped it up and started again?

You probably mean start again. 

Always nice to have informed and educational post.

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

A good friend of mine took his grandson to the Leicester v Newcastle match a couple of weeks ago, I asked him if the track was any better and he said it was utter shyte.

I have been twice since it opened despite living only 35 miles away and despite a tidy stadium and viewing area the track, parking and racing is dreadful.

you are entitled to your opinion of course but you seem super-crtitical. (I too disliked the actual track when it first opened). I have seen 3 meetings there so far this season (not Newcastle) and there has been a lot of passing and close racing. I find viewing is fine whether standing or sitting and you can park in Sainsbury's for 4 hours.   

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mike.Butler said:

you are entitled to your opinion of course but you seem super-crtitical. (I too disliked the actual track when it first opened). I have seen 3 meetings there so far this season (not Newcastle) and there has been a lot of passing and close racing. I find viewing is fine whether standing or sitting and you can park in Sainsbury's for 4 hours.   

It's Tescos not Sainsburys just in case anyone gets misled! To be really pedantic it's the Beaumont Leys Shopping Centre Car Park.

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

And have you seen the Newcastle team?

It was always going to be a hammering.

And as others have said the racing has vastly improved over the last few years.

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 1

From a lions fan who goes every week in im happy with our team. Do I think it's going to win the league ? No. Are we going to get lots of points on the road? No. Are we going to hammer alot of teams at home and pretty much win every home meeting? Yes. For me we will finish in the play offs and just miss out. I'm happy for us to jus to keep loyal to our boys (the twins) alot of pressure is on them this year after a great first year. Think people forget that they only turned 18 two days ago. They need a few more seasons of learning different tracks and gaining experience. One day it will pay off for us as they are our assets and Leicester don't have many. My only concern is Rowe has been off the pace at home and is clearly not suited to our track. I think Dan n Joe still belong at reserve and maybe next year we will put them back there. Our heat leaders are very good and mountain is doing a steady job at 2. So I ain't complaining much. I've seen some good racing and every time we get beat I keep thinking of those other clubs aren't running this year. I'm being spoilt and just love going to the lions den and having a blast !

Leicester were massively overrated at the start of the season, similarly to Oxford who loads of people felt would be a playoff team.

I think the thing that stood out to me at Plymouth was the poor attitude from some of the Lions team, they looked like they didn't want to be there before a wheel was turned. If senior riders in your team have that approach, well then you've lost before you've started. For that I'd be kicking some bottoms!

Leicester will probably make the playoffs but unless Poole go down with injuries, it's theirs to lose.

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Bit like the showground ay. 

23 minutes ago, Leave some for us. said:

Bit like the showground ay. 

Thankfully No, but we are spoilt at Peterborough.

Fantastic track that generally offers great racing, good facilities for fans and it’s own proper car parks both inside and out.