British Speedway Forum
davieb1

leicester lions already lost it ?

with all there big guns doing not a lot away from home 

im just wondering have the lions already lost the title this season as there not doing it away from home are they

47 minutes ago, davieb1 said:

im just wondering have the lions already lost the title this season as there not doing it away from home are they

The whole team as been a disaster away from home until signs of hope at Redcar.

For me tho it's The Twins that are not good enuff away from home & will most likely cost the Lions again when it comes to the business end of the season. 

Still, Lions will make the playoffs & plenty of time for Dickson to kick rearendum's!

Maybe the Twins will move on to solids before then?! :D

Edited by Turnip

Surely aim is just to get top 6 then whole different ball game (not literally ;)). And then it is whoever has the best form and the least amount of injuries in the playoffs. 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

Stewart Dickson has been studying at the Exeter school of big home wins and severe away pumpings 

• Haha 1

I don't think Leicester have the riders to win the league. 

Good at home, but over two legs not strong enough. The twins are not yet good enough, I'm sure they will be eventually given time.

If the heat leaders have a bad night I'm afraid we lose.  

37 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Surely aim is just to get top 6 then whole different ball game (not literally ;)). And then it is whoever has the best form and the least amount of injuries in the playoffs. 

Lisa behave! :lol:

You know u want to say Pirates to Win everything?! :lol: 

Well I'll say it anyway! :party:

Said when the team was announced it had 3 heat leaders, 1 average 2nd string & 3 reserves. The twins can only ride Leicester, this means unless the 3 heat leaders all get double figures, they're not going to get many points on the road. You can't carry 2 riders & expect to win on your travels. Admire the loyalty shown to them & not saying they should be dropped, but for this year there's no way Leicester will beat the likes of Poole & Glasgow over 2 legs. Might scrape into the play-offs, but that's about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paulco said:

Stewart Dickson has been studying at the Exeter school of big home wins and severe away pumpings 

I think he's been studying the Exeter track as well... standing here tonight it reminds me of the county ground, the straights are riding like a moto cross track!

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

I think he's been studying the Exeter track as well... standing here tonight it reminds me of the county ground, the straights are riding like a moto cross track!

Ah, so that's where our bumps went! No returns, thanks! ;):o

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ah, so that's where our bumps went! No returns, thanks! ;):o

No... we've got Exeter's bumps... and your holes :rofl:. Nick Morris is going to disappear down the one entering the third turn before the night is out!

Edited by iainb

3 hours ago, stevethelion said:

Said when the team was announced it had 3 heat leaders, 1 average 2nd string & 3 reserves. The twins can only ride Leicester, this means unless the 3 heat leaders all get double figures, they're not going to get many points on the road. You can't carry 2 riders & expect to win on your travels. Admire the loyalty shown to them & not saying they should be dropped, but for this year there's no way Leicester will beat the likes of Poole & Glasgow over 2 legs. Might scrape into the play-offs, but that's about it.

Hard to disagree with any of your points. I would be amazed if another team comes to Leicester and claimed three points and I think that, with the odd away bonus point, or even one win, will be enough to secure a play off position. The reliance on big home wins will then find the Lions wanting when it comes to two leg matches against Poole and Glasgow (although tonight was good!).

I’m sure Dickson (along with every other team manager) is constantly looking at replacement options for when he feels certain individuals can no longer be carried. The problem at the moment though seems to be a general shortage of riders in the sport. Dickson is a winner but I think he will need to be patient with what he’s got for now.

• Like 1

One of the biggest disappointments is the Leicester track. They had a blank canvas and came up with that. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Shadders said:

One of the biggest disappointments is the Leicester track. They had a blank canvas and came up with that. 

Have you actually been to Leicester recently ? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, davieb1 said:

Its all about getting to the play offs, Leicester are good enough to do that, after it becomes a cup competition. I have a feeling Leicester will be there or there abouts.

48 minutes ago, justathought said:

Have you actually been to Leicester recently ? 

Ripped it up and started again?